PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4172
    Can we submit old photos? I have one I'm quite proud of that I printed 35x35cm. It was originally not square, but it was the only big frame I had...

If not, I'll figure something else out :) 
    The rules say "taken within the last 12 months" but I'm not policing that at all, and I'm sure no-one else will mind. Main thing is that we have a bit of fun, as far as I'm concerned
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can we submit old photos? I have one I'm quite proud of that I printed 35x35cm. It was originally not square, but it was the only big frame I had...

The rules say "taken within the last 12 months" but I'm not policing that at all, and I'm sure no-one else will mind. Main thing is that we have a bit of fun, as far as I'm concerned
    Exactly. Main things are we have fun and I win.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4521
    I wish I could say this was mine, but one of our singers took this over Reading last night:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Can we submit old photos? I have one I'm quite proud of that I printed 35x35cm. It was originally not square, but it was the only big frame I had...

Exactly. Main things are we have fun and I win.
    Great stuff. Game on @YellowLedBetterMan ; :)
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

This was looking across the bay from Arnside to Grange Over Sands.  It's way older that 12 months, more like 12 years.  I've got camera to justify so will leave this in the vaults, otherwise would have sneaked it in....
    Looks like it's been tweaked loads but the colours were all pretty much there, incredible views

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  this is my entry - I went out to photograph a full blood moon, but... There was a road in the way! So, I turned around and this is what I saw. Hardly any processing required, absolutely amazing to see in the flesh. Passed after about 1 minute. This was the best shot of several, shot on fuji xt-2 with a 1970s Tamron zoom lens at 210mm.

This one nearly topped it though. I like simple compositions that are just colour and texture. 

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited July 2020
    Had to get up at very silly o'clock to get this......a couple of minutes later it had changed completely....

Sunrise, Sandown Bay, Isle of Wight

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Just realised mine was an out of camera jpeg, no processing - fuji raws could not be sent to my phone for processing! The processed one remains on my hard drive and was printed a few weeks back. 
    Been playing with my new camera... it's definitely a downgrade from the Fujifilm, but I'm liking it more and more as I get to grips with it, and the zoom is definitely handy.

Took this this morning... it's not my entry though, I have an idea for that but I can't leave my desk today as I'm manning an all-day support call on Zoom. Happy days... :lol:

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    I have about 6, mostly from the last 12 months, and a couple older if I wanted to be cheeky. Decision time...

I’ll post the others here once I’ve made a decision
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Ok, done. Shot over Perth on the way back from a mate’s wedding.

Other options:

(feel free to let me know if you’d rather vote for one of these ;) )

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ok, done. Shot over Perth on the way back from a mate’s wedding.

Other options:

(feel free to let me know if you’d rather vote for one of these ;) )

I think you chose the right one... although I really love that black & white one as well

Ta. The B&W was my other top choice. 

I love the last one but it’s not as “big sky” and i never know if my judgement is clouded by memories of an afternoon whale watching and drinking wine on a catamaran in Oz...
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1185
    edited July 2020
    Some strong entries this month. I thought mine was good, but seeing some of these mine just looks average
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    Some strong entries this month. I thought mine was good, but seeing some of theseine just looks average
    I've been thinking that I might struggle to get anywhere near the quality of everyone else's entries this month. Going to see how the sunset looks down by the beach later I think, but I'm not really too hopeful...

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited July 2020
    @stickyfiddle some stunning shots there. The last one looks like an oil painting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Some strong entries this month. I thought mine was good, but seeing some of theseine just looks average
    I've been thinking that I might struggle to get anywhere near the quality of everyone else's entries this month. Going to see how the sunset looks down by the beach later I think, but I'm not really too hopeful...
    Don’t overthink it. I’ve had some good options for this one but only because travel and big wide landscapes & skies are kinda my thing. 

You only get better by doing and I’ll bet your shots are better than you think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    beed84 said:
    @stickyfiddle some stunning shots there. The last one looks like an oil painting 
    Cheers. My entry is actually my least favourite of these but I think it fits the brief the best.

The last one has remarkably little post processing - barely more than an upward nudge of contrast and vibrance. Just a great sunset off the back of a boat in the Indian Ocean. I can’t take much credit!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    beed84 said:
    Cheers. My entry is actually my least favourite of these but I think it fits the brief the best.

The last one has remarkably little post processing - barely more than an upward nudge of contrast and vibrance. Just a great sunset off the back of a boat in the Indian Ocean. I can’t take much credit!
    That last sunset shot is a stunner, personally I would’ve gone with that. The one you’ve gone with is still a strong shot though, I like the sun rays a lot. 

I need to start trawling through my pics, I’m not going to get anything decent locally, we just don’t get big skies here. 
    edited July 2020
    Oh bugger I found a couple more - turns out skies really are my thing..!

Sticking to my original entry, though have updated to a slightly better edit (assuming that’s allowed?)