PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot
1596061626365»

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5770
    Just managed to sneak one in at the last minute.

Been so busy the last few weeks I've barely been out with the camera, and this one is an iPhone shot from my lunch time walk today.

It's not a fabulous photo, but I like to take part if I can.

Some amazing entries this month, too!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4231
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5869
    That vote looks a little ‘Eurovision’ now but I promise it wasn’t 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Afternoon you lovely bunch. Winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Very happy with that result :)
    Afternoon all. New competition thread is up :)

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 854
    Great theme this month @skullfunkerry ; 

Though after seeing @dazzajl entry I'm wondering if there is any point in entering this month. Great shot. 
    Neilybob said:

Though after seeing @dazzajl entry I'm wondering if there is any point in entering this month. Great shot. 
    The folks are far more discerning than to be swayed by my visual amblings   =)
    dazzajl said:
    Neilybob said:

Gotta be honest, my first thought when I saw it was  "well there's the winner" :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    Neilybob said:

Gotta be honest, my first thought when I saw it was  "well there's the winner" :)
    Thank you!! ;)

It’s a cute pic for sure, from a camera wander around the City a few weeks back. It doesn’t have the all important emotional connection that you showed us in the simplest of shots last month though. Shot with a phone presumably? Took us all right to that feeling in an instant. 
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:
    Neilybob said:

Thank you!! ;)

It’s a cute pic for sure, from a camera wander around the City a few weeks back. It doesn’t have the all important emotional connection that you showed us in the simplest of shots last month though. Shot with a phone presumably? Took us all right to that feeling in an instant. 

Actually no, I took it with my camera. I genuinely can't remember why I had it with me though! We must have been out somewhere before we got food...

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 327
    Neilybob said:

Don't be lured in by the shiney bits!!!!!!! =) Just go out and find more shiney bits lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9964
    I've gone for it again with my budget phone camera shots (both literally and figuratively to be fair).

I actually almost used this photo for the last round as well due to the sun halo, but decided as it was taken in April "Summer" might have been pushing it.

It's a metal statue of the Buddha performing the dance routine to the Spice Girls' "Stop". Thank you very much.

It's at the Batsford Arboretum, not anywhere exotic particularly but well worth a visit if you're in the Cotwolds area at some point. Arboretums are one of the few places i feel like I experience genuine calm, so to find one with a Buddha in prominently displayed seemed very apt.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I've gone for it again with my budget phone camera shots (both literally and figuratively to be fair).

I actually almost used this photo for the last round as well due to the sun halo, but decided as it was taken in April "Summer" might have been pushing it.

It's a metal statue of the Buddha performing the dance routine to the Spice Girls' "Stop". Thank you very much.

It's at the Batsford Arboretum, not anywhere exotic particularly but well worth a visit if you're in the Cotwolds area at some point. Arboretums are one of the few places i feel like I experience genuine calm, so to find one with a Buddha in prominently displayed seemed very apt.
    I went to Batsford Arboretum years ago and absolutely loved it; definitely on my list to go back to. Stowe Gardens is another fond memory from the same trip, and I'll be going back there too.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9964
    It's definitely worth it, some interesting craft type workshops as well where we watched a man doing some wood turning and then showing us what sanded nutmeg smelt like etc. 

I love a good arboretum - can also recommend Arley Arboretum in the Severn Valley in Worcestershire. It's where we got married. Wonderful place 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic