PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6125
    edited August 15
    What this month has lacked in quantity it’s more than made up for with quality. What a brilliant collection of images already, with more fabulousness to come I’m sure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 926
    dazzajl said:
    What this month has lacked in quantity it’s more than made up for with quality. What a brilliant collection of images already, with more fabulousness to come I’m sure
    I’m just gutted I missed the meteor shower earlier this week. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4369
    edited August 15
    Neilybob said:
    dazzajl said:

I tried to get photos on a couple of evenings, and failed... although on the first night I tried, I caught the aurora, which I wasn't expecting at all!

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neilybob said:
    dazzajl said:

I tried to get photos on a couple of evenings, and failed... although on the first night I tried, I caught the aurora, which I wasn't expecting at all!

Wow that’s amazing 

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    Neilybob said:
    dazzajl said:

You know, I did almost exactly the same, just not as well. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5996
    I've yet to get out for this month's competition.  Need to get a wiggle on!

When I saw the theme I immediately thought of this shot, but the ankle biter in the subject passed his driving test a couple of months ago!  Think that falls out of the 12 month window just a bit.

That was shot on a Canon D30 - a whopping 3 megapixels!  ISO1600 to boot.  Not too bad for its time I guess but shows its age all the same.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Three mega pixies and ISO equivalent of 45 million but still makes you smile every time huh. 

All us snappers can do with being reminded what’s actually important more often than we’d probably like 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    Three mega pixies and ISO equivalent of 45 million but still makes you smile every time huh. 

All us snappers can do with being reminded what’s actually important more often than we’d probably like 
    Totally.  A good photo is one that makes a person feel something.  All the megapixels in the world can't project emotion any better than a cheap 110 film camera, that's entirely up to the person viewing the picture.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Outstanding entries this month. Going to be a tought one! 

flanging_fed “
    Just managed to squeeze one in.  It wasn't taken specifically for this month's comp, but it is a very recent one.  I just wish there had been a jet liner in the distance flying through the middle of the frame.  

Haych said:
    Just managed to squeeze one in.  It wasn't taken specifically for this month's comp, but it is a very recent one.  I just wish there had been a jet liner in the distance flying through the middle of the frame.  
    Yeah, I didnt really stop to think when choosing a theme that I had no plans that would let me shoot something or anything recent in mind to use. So there's one from the same day out that "Metal" came from  :3
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1641

Haven't posted images for a while (I do have two years' worth of boring house refurb shots - oddly, they have not come in use yet !). However had a couple to choose from this month - the below was from a recent work trip to NYC.

Quite nice, albeit totally unoriginal. Went for the big moon instead due to silhouetted figures - playfully respecting @dazzajl's ;brief !

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Haven't posted images for a while (I do have two years' worth of boring house refurb shots - oddly, they have not come in use yet !). However had a couple to choose from this month - the below was from a recent work trip to NYC.

Quite nice, albeit totally unoriginal. Went for the big moon instead due to silhouetted figures - playfully respecting @dazzajl's ;brief !

I think the big moon photo is my favourite this month. 

400mm lense to get that shot?! 

flanging_fed “
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2451
    edited August 21
    I used to look forward to voting, even if I'd not submitted an entry, but haven't voted for a few months now. Why? Because the standard of entries has become so consistently high that I find it just about impossible to chose a top three. You guys are just all so good.

This is a nice shot but the big moon is something quite special. 
    Agreed, there have been some great shots again this month. I went with one from a few months ago but since then I've thought of quite a few others I could have used :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Haych said:
    Just looked at yours again @Haych - is it the dragon sculpture outside the arena in Cardiff?

Haych said:
    Just looked at yours again @Haych - is it the dragon sculpture outside the arena in Cardiff?
    Not quite, @skullfunkerry, it’s a mahoosive dragon sculpture outside the ICC Event Centre just off J24 of the M4 at Newport. 

To be fair the ICC hasn’t been there very long. Nice place considering it’s in Zooport. 

Haych said:
    Haych said:
    Not quite, @skullfunkerry, it’s a mahoosive dragon sculpture outside the ICC Event Centre just off J24 of the M4 at Newport. 

To be fair the ICC hasn’t been there very long. Nice place considering it’s in Zooport. 
    That's the one I mean, actually. This one:

IMG_8124.jpeg 230.6K
    Haych said:
    Haych said:

That's the one I mean, actually. This one:

Yep, I can tell that’s wales just from the weather. 

But, yes, the very same dragon. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom