Victory V30 video

What's Hot
kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556

For me it sounds really good (with a Les Paul) and no doubt will sell out this week, but feel it should be shipped with EL34's and look forward to some clips with them in.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26952
    Yup, I actually really like the sound of that. Of course, that doesn't mean it works in a mix...which seems to be the complaint about the other Victory amps.

Quite like the story about the design starting with the dimensions of EasyJet hand luggage :)
    <space for hire>
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    to my knowledge its near identical to the v50, so i doubt it will cut as much as you'd like. id prob buy one if they were cheaper, just for home. 
  • kossofffan;16558" said:

but feel it should be shipped with EL34's in.
    It is shipped with EL34's
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    theyve changed it to 6l6
  • This confusion... I'm sure the same happened with a cornford amp and one is more reliable or something?
  • I had one of the first Cornford roadhouse models and that was 6l6. They then shipped with EL34's
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'd like to hear a demo that isn't done by those two, I don't think their reviews are particularly helpful. They are selling a product but they always go on about how great every product they sell is. I think I will hang fire and wait for some better online demos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 319
    I had one of the first Cornford roadhouse models and that was 6l6. They then shipped with EL34's
    I'm fairly certain it was the other way around?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 367
    I think it sounds really good for £800.
    And judging by what Guthrie has used in the past (Surh GG modern, Badger), he knows his gear so if it's good enough for him,,
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    ...oh no... I can't do it to myself to watch yet another mindlessness of wordage and super-noodles and ponderous bluezzzzzzzz....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I had one of the first Cornford roadhouse models and that was 6l6. They then shipped with EL34's
    I'm fairly certain it was the other way around?

I have it on good authority that was the case.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10496

Is that £700 odd for the head and cab or just the head cos it's a bit pricey init ?
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    I saw on Andertons website earlier that they had a Victory Rob Chapman signature edition and I sat there and thought, really ?????

It seems you don't even have to write music these days that people would actually buy (apart from probably by a few fan boys) and just have a youtube channel to get signature gear in the shops. 
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2998
    fastboy said:
    I saw on Andertons website earlier that they had a Victory Rob Chapman signature edition and I sat there and thought, really ?????

It seems you don't even have to write music these days that people would actually buy (apart from probably by a few fan boys) and just have a youtube channel to get signature gear in the shops. 
    He does write music doesn't he? He's in Dorje and Red Tower.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Are the ones without Chappers signature on them worth more?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2014
    fastboy said:

I know that, I did actually say music that people want to buy beyond an exceptionally small majority. 

A Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Clapton, Beck signature something I can understand. A Rob Chappers signature? I guess I look at where he is and what he's achieved and just personally think it's a bit comical is all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2998
    fastboy said:
    fastboy said:

I know that, I did actually say music that people want to buy beyond an exceptionally small majority. 

A Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Clapton, Beck signature something I can understand. A Rob Chappers signature? Yeh, maybe not :D
    Ah right, I get you! Well, he's got over 100,000 You Tube subscribers. He must be doing something right! Even if 10% of the 100,000 bought a record... that'd still be about 9,990 more records than I've sold! Ha!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17758
    tFB Trader
    fastboy said:

A Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Clapton, Beck signature something I can understand. A Rob Chappers signature? I guess I look at where he is and what he's achieved and just personally think it's a bit comical is all.
    Endorsements aren't to recognise musical ability, or popularity they are to recognise ability to encourage people to buy shit. That's why people like Chappers and PGS Andy get endorsements.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    fastboy said:
    fastboy said:

A Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Clapton, Beck signature something I can understand. A Rob Chappers signature? Yeh, maybe not :D
    Ah right, I get you! Well, he's got over 100,000 You Tube subscribers. He must be doing something right! Even if 10% of the 100,000 bought a record... that'd still be about 9,990 more records than I've sold! Ha!
    I think where I'm going with this is do we think Rob Chapman has had any type of major influence of music or sold enough records that warrants signature gear? Personally I don't. 

Do you think many out of that 100,000 subscribers are non guitarists? I'd be surprised it was even 2%. If you said to me he had 1 Mill + I'd start to be impressed (and massively surprised) but say they sold 10,000 records for arguments sake, I suspect most record companies would be pushing them towards the exit door. 

If Victory think it will sell them some amps (I guess they do but then if it's like Cornford, we're not exactly talking volume sales numbers here) fair enough but again, I just think it's massively pretentious based on the above.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom