Victory V30 video

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    RaymondLin;390397" said:
    Mesa mkv 25 or Atma or go home tbh!
    I'd best go home with my shitty solid state amp then.

Edit: that was supposed to be funny, but came across as a bit aggressive. Was not intended!
    hehe, mine too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Can I adopt that wee rig for a week or two mate? ;-)
    haha, don't you have a Soldano? :D
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Was a clone, but a very good one. Had a Mark V recently too but preferred the Dual Rec so back "home" on one of them. This GAS I'm suffering is for a home amp and V30, Mark V25, Atma and any otyers are all contenders. I do like tge Atomic too but just not really what I'm after.
    edited October 2014
    Ah, GAS, a terrible afliction.

Strangely enough i was GASing for a Dual Rec not long ago lol, but then when i slap myself and wake up to the fact that i don't need 100W and played my Bogner it went away.

• RaymondLin;390591" said:
    Ah, GAS, a terrible afliction.

Strangely enough i was GASing for a Dual Rec not long ago lol, but then when i slap myself and wake up to the fact that i don't need 100W and played my Bogner it went away.
    Guitar Guitar have the Atma back in stock.

The fact you still have it must be a good sign

edited October 2014
    Fortheloveofguitar;390992" said:
    [quote="RaymondLin;390591"]Ah, GAS, a terrible afliction.

Guitar Guitar have the Atma back in stock.

The fact you still have it must be a good sign

[/quote]

I thought they might, as I noticed someone on TGP who ordered one from Sweetwater has also just got one.  They must be getting on top of their production of it now and just release a new batch to the wild.

I am not very good at descriptive about music (photography is my thing) nor has as much experience with amps so I'll quote the other guy who has one on TGP.

"Originally Posted by jguitarslim 

FWIW…I have never bonded with an EL84 amp before. Primarily gravitated toward 6V6/6L6 american based amps, after having owned literally dozens different flavors ultimately settled with my 3rd Power American Dream & '65 Super Reverb. First thing that struck me with the Atma was how nice of BF cleans it has, just wasn't expecting such. Turn that tone knob up on clean channel puts you right into tweed territory, can get raunchy as hell too. I have never played one amp able to produce so many convincing tones. Between the Crunch & Solo channel toggling between 60, 70, 80s mode can get anything from ABB to Hendrix Plexi to classic rock to hair band . The modern/vintage switch also allows greater tone variety by changing tightness & openness.
    Between the 1, 5, & 18 watt settings I think Bogner hit the nail on head, perfect for bedroom, home, & small club. The 18w setting is loud! Other day I was playing in 1w setting with my kid sleeping just down the hall and remember thinking how nice it sounded. BTW I'm running it thru 3P cab w/ ASW KTS70 which sounds like perfect speaker for this amp. Amp is just plain killer!"