General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    PSA: Currys have Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Switch for £31.99 delivered when you use FNDDGAME at checkout.

Given the new lockdown I figure it's time to buy a copy.  :# 
    If anything like my wife then kiss all your free time goodbye. Bloody hours she puts into that game is bonkers.

My wife has never really played games in her life but has sunk hundreds of hours into it.

It's like wife crack.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ It’s more for Ms. GG anyway, so that’s reassuring!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife started playing 19/6/20

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    FarleyUK said:
    Anyone else with Steam on the PC, give Teardown a try. 

Voxel based destruction simulation type thing.... incredibly satisfying, and looks amazing!
    Isn't it still on early access? Is there enough game there to be worthwhile? Does look good though :)
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    My wife started playing 19/6/20

That is an impressive effort!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    LuttiS said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Anyone else with Steam on the PC, give Teardown a try. 

Voxel based destruction simulation type thing.... incredibly satisfying, and looks amazing!
    Isn't it still on early access? Is there enough game there to be worthwhile? Does look good though :)
    Yeah, still early access - it might be worth waiting for a discount, as I think it’s about £18?

I’m loving it though - setting a fire in sandbox mode and watching it spread is very satisfying. 
  • Just about to unwrap titanfall 2, 1 year after buying it

Other things I have been playing:

Seikiro shadows die twice - wonderful game but tricky

Tony hawks remake - great nostalgic fun but heavily revamped.

Pes2020 - its football, if you like that kind of thing.

Inside - just completed it. A brilliant and very dark platformer/puzzle game.

Anno1880  - loved it but found i would lose evenings on it so I have cut back

Tried bloodbourne but found it really clunky so I have abandoned that for now.
    Also tried nier automata but found it dull and non engaging.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    Titanfall 2 is a great game. Unfortunately online multiplayer can be rather frustrating at times but it's great when playing a match where every one is as bad as each other
  • Well seeing as it's looking like the wife will be continuing to work from home I have ordered her one of those mini pc things ideal for office work etc... Which means I have my gaming rig back so will be catching up with that this week.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited November 2020
    Got lucky and managed to bag one of the new RTX 3080 GPUs for my mancave PC - have been revisiting a few favourites and cranking up the settings and resolution to the absolute limit - it’s grand 
  • Got lucky and managed to bag one of the new RTX 3080 GPUs for my mancave PC - have been revisiting a few favourites and cranking up the settings and resolution to the absolute limit - it’s grand 
    How did you get it? I have trying for over a month now :(
    edited November 2020
    Got lucky and managed to bag one of the new RTX 3080 GPUs for my mancave PC - have been revisiting a few favourites and cranking up the settings and resolution to the absolute limit - it’s grand 
    How did you get it? I have trying for over a month now

Tell me about it - I originally ordered one on release day from Overclockers, which they then revealed to me was 437th in the queue so I cancelled - realistically I wanted one of the sexy FE ones anyway. Cut to last Wednesday, happened to be browsing a PC forum while I was browsing it updated and someone posted that the FE ones were available again. One very rushed checkout via Scan later and it arrived on Thursday - I know its sad but I honestly cant believe I got one! It is very heavy, extremely fast, and looks the business. Keep trying - I had no prospect of getting one until last week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm gonna get one of the new AMD 6800XT's I think.

Bye!

• Got lucky and managed to bag one of the new RTX 3080 GPUs for my mancave PC - have been revisiting a few favourites and cranking up the settings and resolution to the absolute limit - it’s grand 
    How did you get it? I have trying for over a month now

Tell me about it - I originally ordered one on release day from Overclockers, which they then revealed to me was 437th in the queue so I cancelled - realistically I wanted one of the sexy FE ones anyway. Cut to last Wednesday, happened to be browsing a PC forum while I was browsing it updated and someone posted that the FE ones were available again. One very rushed checkout via Scan later and it arrived on Thursday - I know its sad but I honestly cant believe I got one! It is very heavy, extremely fast, and looks the business. Keep trying - I had no prospect of getting one until last week.

Nice work! I may wait until realistic benchmarks of big navi come out, but really I wanna stick with nvidea, if its as good as they say it will be a worthy upgrade to my rtx 2080 
    edited November 2020
    Yeah the new AMD cards look, on paper, really good too - but I do tend to prefer Nvidia for (historically at least) better and more stable driver support. I moved up from my trusty 1080 so it was a very big leap - looking at potentially upgrading my current CPU (Ryzen 7 3700) for one of the less expensive new Zen 3 ones as (again on paper) their performance looks v impressive - whether doing that will acutally benefit me in anyway is, as is usual with my PC exploits, up for debate - but you know, a mans got to have a hobby
  • Yeah the new AMD cards look, on paper, really good too - but I do tend to prefer Nvidia for (historically at least) better and more stable driver support. I moved up from my trusty 1080 so it was a very big leap - looking at potentially upgrading my current CPU (Ryzen 7 3700) for one of the less expensive new Zen 3 ones as (again on paper) their performance looks v impressive - whether doing that will acutally benefit me in anyway is, as is usual with my PC exploits, up for debate - but you know, a mans got to have a hobby
    I totally agree the pc does everything I need and I get high frame rates at 1440p however with such a big leap in power the urge to upgrade is huge, I have a 2700x which is at 4gz on all cores and 32 gig 3400mhz ram si I need to sensible really, as you say real world performance can't get much better than what I have....... I thinkn
  • Had a band gaming night the other day. Was originally supposed to by Among Us but due to platform incompatibility we ended up with Rocket League instead.

All I can say is..how the fuck did I not know about this game earlier?

It's insanely fun. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thinking about getting a new GPU, but probably going to wait for the new 3060 cards to drop. 

I'm currently on a 1060 6GB which was a great card when I was on 1080p but I recently splashed out on a 1440p 144Hz monitor and the GPU doesn't feel up to snuff any more. 

Any thoughts? I'm guessing either 3060TI or maybe a 5700 XT, if a suitable deal appears. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Had a band gaming night the other day. Was originally supposed to by Among Us but due to platform incompatibility we ended up with Rocket League instead.

All I can say is..how the fuck did I not know about this game earlier?

It's insanely fun.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Welcome to the party pal!