General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    edited June 2022
    I can't beat The Elden Beast. I'm level 160 and it's just too hard. 
    What build?

I watched a video last night where someone got a summon to beat it on it's own.
    High dex and arcane build for bleed. I have Rivers of Blood level 10 and Uchigatana level 25. My mimic is level 10 but it's useless against the Elden Beast due to it moving all over the place. 
    There is a sword…which gets heath regen back when critical hit and it has a long range. I forgot the name, I’ll  the video for you later, perhaps use that for the mimic.

but distance isn’t a problem I don’t think, I seen someone beat it with using just kicking lol. People try to beat it in so many ways. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I did all five endings of Nier Replicant. Takes a while to get going, and clearly a generation or two old, but really good. Kaine has some superb swears and lines. I particularly enjoyed her shouting "shitwaffle!".

Straight into Nier Automata, which really does reward re-re-replaying.
    Sporky said:
    I did all five endings of Nier Replicant. Takes a while to get going, and clearly a generation or two old, but really good. Kaine has some superb swears and lines. I particularly enjoyed her shouting "shitwaffle!".

Straight into Nier Automata, which really does reward re-re-replaying.

Nier automata is great, especially the endings (the final one of which blew my mind - I used a guide I think to get it). I didn't love the gameplay all that much, but the story and characters kept me going, it was brilliant. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I didn't love the gameplay all that much  
     :o

The fighting is like ballet when you get it right. I loved all of Automata.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Given up with Elden Ring - started on SnIper Elite 5.

Nothing quite as satisfying as popping Nazi's heads like watermelons from 800m away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    duotone said:
    duotone said:
    @RaymondLin ;
    Just to let you know that my Retroid Pocket 2+ arrived yesterday. It was almost 3 months from order to receiving it.

Will let you know how I get on with it, when it’s fully set up.
    ooooh, I never heard of that one.  
    @RaymondLin ;

Got it set up a couple of weeks ago. It took 1 hour to follow a step-by-step set up guide on YouTube, which was very thorough.
    Works well with GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, NES & SNES games. Definitely worth the almost 3 month wait & the $99 I paid for it. 

I haven’t tried any newer consoles than that, but if I have success I will let you know @RedRabbit ;

I actually bought a Miyoo Mini v2…plays all the SNES. NES, MD, MS too.  PS1 games too!

Great timing - I was going to ask if anyone had any recommendations for emulator handhelds!

Download yourselves a copy of the MS Dragon Crystal game - I’ve been trying to beat it for 30 years!!!
  • Sporky said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I didn't love the gameplay all that much  
     :o

The fighting is like ballet when you get it right. I loved all of Automata.

Maybe I should replay, but I found it a bit button bashy.

Not exactly a fair criticism, mind. I'm sure it does have more depth but I didn't find myself needing it. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    You can certainly play it as a masher. That doesn't work when you're lever 12 and there are seven level 30s to beat. Probably I shouldn't be going there yet, but that's the fun bit. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    What build?

High dex and arcane build for bleed. I have Rivers of Blood level 10 and Uchigatana level 25. My mimic is level 10 but it's useless against the Elden Beast due to it moving all over the place. 
    Elden Beast is completely immune to bleed so don’t expect to have massive chunks of its health to suddenly disappear. I reckon you can do it though, it’s just a bit of a prick sometimes. Won’t stop moving all over the place. I watched my mate struggle with it for an hour which was both hilarious and painful in equal measure. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    duotone said:
    duotone said:
    @RaymondLin ;
    Just to let you know that my Retroid Pocket 2+ arrived yesterday. It was almost 3 months from order to receiving it.

@RaymondLin ;

Got it set up a couple of weeks ago. It took 1 hour to follow a step-by-step set up guide on YouTube, which was very thorough.
    Works well with GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, NES & SNES games. Definitely worth the almost 3 month wait & the $99 I paid for it. 

I haven’t tried any newer consoles than that, but if I have success I will let you know @RedRabbit ;

From memory, some PS1 games may be okay (I think I got FF7 running but not well) but anything more than that will likely be too much for it.

I saw a video on this - https://www.ayntec.com/pages/loki-mini - the other day.  If it can emulate more modern consoles it could be great.  My issue is that I'll hopefully have a SteamDeck by the time it's released making it a bit redundant.  I suspect a lot of people who'd be interested in this will be in a similar position especially considering the base model SteamDeck is only marginally more expensive.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10217
    What build?

Elden Beast is completely immune to bleed so don’t expect to have massive chunks of its health to suddenly disappear. I reckon you can do it though, it’s just a bit of a prick sometimes. Won’t stop moving all over the place. I watched my mate struggle with it for an hour which was both hilarious and painful in equal measure. 
    Yea I've done hin about just over half but the stupid holy shit gets me in the end. I really can't be bothered to respect and grind for a load of new holy resistance stuff because I just want to finish it now. I'm almost St the point where I just want to summon someone in, which would be my first summon. I just feel like I should complete it on my own. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

She's ready for a day's gaming on my son's PC while he's at school.  

Animal Crossing or Fish Tycoon?

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10217
    Goat Simulator 87.
  • This is my fave gaming area at the minute.. in my dual purpose mancave/day room. I have a room downstairs now with an electric bed for when I can’t make it upstairs or when everyone is out and I need a lie down(I cant be trusted tackling stairs on my own). 

Anyways, Megadrive, SNES, NES, PS2, C64 Mini and Legends Gamer Arcade… all in the same room.. AWESOME

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    duotone said:
    @RaymondLin ;

@RaymondLin ;

I actually bought a Miyoo Mini v2…plays all the SNES. NES, MD, MS too.  PS1 games too!

Great timing - I was going to ask if anyone had any recommendations for emulator handhelds!

Download yourselves a copy of the MS Dragon Crystal game - I’ve been trying to beat it for 30 years!!!
    I have the Powkiddy RGB10Max2 and it’s awesome, I have set it up with Recalbox and it has every game on it from the systems

Game Gear
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Colour
    Gameboy Advance
    Lynx
    Neo Geo Pocket/Colour
    PC Engine GT
    Wonderswan /Colour
    Game and Watch 
    Pokemon Minis

it can do most consoles but I only wanted handhelds on it. It can run PSP but not all games and it’s a bit laggy, but I have a PSP anyway so I just use that.

I think for the money it’s great, decent build quality and screen.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    edited June 2022
    I like it so much I bought another.  The white one is going to be given away to my sister as a present.  

p.s. what's strange is that I've only played the games that I have already, physically!!! It's just doing this on an handheld is so strange and wonderful.  Even Final Fantasy 7.

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3673
    PS3 gaming again after PS4 died..

Half Life. The Orange Box. What a classic.  I like the self-aware humour scripted in Episode 2
  • Sorry, picture change already as I got home from work to find a couple of deliveries..

one of the best PS2 wheels made by Logitech with proper dead good Force Feedback..

got a bit of wire management to do but I’m not unhappy with how it’s looking. 

The monitor arm I am using allows me to 90 degree the screen for when I have the Legends Gamer on (vert is better for pinball, pacman etc….)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    I had many happy days around 2001 with one of those wheels. I assume modern ones are better but it was a revelation at the time
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    I like it so much I bought another.  The white one is going to be given away to my sister as a present.  

p.s. what's strange is that I've only played the games that I have already, physically!!! It's just doing this on an handheld is so strange and wonderful.  Even Final Fantasy 7.

I started off doing that, playing games that I used to own & it’s been brilliant. The music takes me back to being a kid again, especially on games like Sim City (SNES) which I used to play for hours & hours.  I can see how addictive these retro handhelds can be!

@strumjoughlamps - Thanks for the Powkiddy RGB10Max2 recommendation, a friends birthday is fast approaching & ive been wondering what to get him. Does it come with any games pre-installed?
  • duotone said:

I started off doing that, playing games that I used to own & it’s been brilliant. The music takes me back to being a kid again, especially on games like Sim City (SNES) which I used to play for hours & hours.  I can see how addictive these retro handhelds can be!

@strumjoughlamps - Thanks for the Powkiddy RGB10Max2 recommendation, a friends birthday is fast approaching & ive been wondering what to get him. Does it come with any games pre-installed?
    Comes with 1000s from all eras, systems and arcade. The variety is impressive, but not for me I like to do it all myself and set it up just how I like it.

If your friend is a plug and play type they will not be disappointed.