General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I should prob check out the weeping peninsula but freaking ambush by an armored knight in storm veil castle in a black room has left 25k runes jsut sitting there so need to go get that back first. 

Lesson one of soulsborne - spend your souls! Chasing your corpse is a good way to get killed again often. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11894
    I should prob check out the weeping peninsula but freaking ambush by an armored knight in storm veil castle in a black room has left 25k runes jsut sitting there so need to go get that back first. 
    I did quite a lot of the Weeping Penisula before going into the Stormviel Castle.  

This is the order you should tackle the map for your levels.  Unless you are me who enter the Margit fight at level 95 and took him in about 10 seconds.

SPOILER !!!!!

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7296
    Oh that reminds me I should prob go back to roundtable hold again and see if i can murder that invading npc now. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Are smithing stones limited btw? Ive kinda been holding off upgrading my current weapon as its a bit shit but if I know I will find plenty more then I will jsut spend them 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited May 2022
    Are smithing stones limited btw? Ive kinda been holding off upgrading my current weapon as its a bit shit but if I know I will find plenty more then I will jsut spend them 
    I don't think so, you can buy them from the 2 ladies at the roundtable later on i think, once you give them various Ball Bearings. which opens up which level you can buy.  

Some caves have a ton of smithing stones anyway, so use them as you need to upgrade.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    edited May 2022
    Edit: Wrong thread! 
  • @PolarityMan moveset matters for weapons, the rest doesn't. Does the weapon feel good? If so, upgrade it and use it. Often in soulsborne games, almost all weapons are perfectly viable.

Fist-only runs have been completed for elden ring! 

So if you enjoy the weapon, upgrade it. If you don't you're making the game harder by playing it more like a JRPG. You can't grind these games to easy mode. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3038
    I've just read that EA is no longer going to be making their  FIFA game, apparently the franchise has come to an end now after close to 30 years.

FIFA 23 to be final entry in series as EA Sports announces replacement franchise

Real shame, I don't play sports games, but the FIFA games are a gaming institution, even to people like me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160
    Not surprising. I’m guessing removing the word FIFA will mean their costs drop dramatically, and they’ll no doubt transition it to a subscription service rather than one-off annual purchase. 

But certainly the end of an era. I note they have also called the new F1 game “EA Sports F1 22” so they’re clearly pushing that angle. I can see them doing bundled sports game subs in the not too distant future.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Not surprising. I’m guessing removing the word FIFA will mean their costs drop dramatically, and they’ll no doubt transition it to a subscription service rather than one-off annual purchase. 

But certainly the end of an era. I note they have also called the new F1 game “EA Sports F1 22” so they’re clearly pushing that angle. I can see them doing bundled sports game subs in the not too distant future.

It does make me wonder whether Pro Evo will make a return, or rather will the developers of Pro Evo will get back into the football video games
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160

It does make me wonder whether Pro Evo will make a return, or rather will the developers of Pro Evo will get back into the football video games
    They never stopped - they launched “eFootball” last year and it was a massive struggle, full of bugs and struggling for players…
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

They never stopped - they launched “eFootball” last year and it was a massive struggle, full of bugs and struggling for players…

I didn't know that, goes to show just how big and serious a gamer I am, especially when it comes to football games.

You have a point about the EA sports pass thing or what ever they call it, I've seen it pop up, or advertised on one of my consoles, couldn't tell you wich console - Xbox, PS, or Nintendo, or when though

Will they still be able to use the team and player names? I imagine without those the game would basically fail to sell at all.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    I should prob check out the weeping peninsula but freaking ambush by an armored knight in storm veil castle in a black room has left 25k runes jsut sitting there so need to go get that back first. 
    I did quite a lot of the Weeping Penisula before going into the Stormviel Castle.  

This is the order you should tackle the map for your levels.  Unless you are me who enter the Margit fight at level 95 and took him in about 10 seconds.

SPOILER !!!!!

It would be amazing if you could display your own previous path along with location of deaths on the map.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    I have died more times by gravity than by being killed in fights lol
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4148
    edited May 2022
    I've just read that EA is no longer going to be making their  FIFA game, apparently the franchise has come to an end now after close to 30 years.

FIFA 23 to be final entry in series as EA Sports announces replacement franchise

Real shame, I don't play sports games, but the FIFA games are a gaming institution, even to people like me.

This isn't true. The franchise is carrying on. EA is no longer paying FIFA to use the FIFA name. 

It keeps all the clubs, players, etc. And will carry on as EA Sports FC. The franchise is not ending, it's just changing name.

FIFA wanted to double the hundreds of millions it was getting for it's name. And EA told them to bob on. 

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7914
    Playing Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. The latest Borderlands game. Really enjoying it. 
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 710

This isn't true. The franchise is carrying on. EA is no longer paying FIFA to use the FIFA name. 

It keeps all the clubs, players, etc. And will carry on as EA Sports FC. The franchise is not ending, it's just changing name.

FIFA wanted to double the hundreds of millions it was getting for it's name. And EA told them to bob on. 

Basically, yeah. EA don't need the FIFA licence, as the game is a behemoth that will carry itself.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    edited May 2022
    Can't wait to see the pile of shit that FIFA will bring out. I wonder if it will include back handers and a lack of ethics so it's true to life.  
    Fifa has shot themselves in the foot.  Getting greedy from the licencing agreement, there is not many publisher as big as EA that is willing to hand over that kind of cash for a licence, even something as big as FIFA.  It will take a few years for any new developer to make a game rather than an annual one and I can't see anyone else to be able to afford to pay the amount the money they are asking if a publisher the size of EA don't want to agree to it themselves.