General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11949
    Oh my god, there is a fight in the round table hold? I had no idea! 

I’ve had 2 fights in the round table, first is when you jump down the balcony.  You get another one next time you go back after Golddrick,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh my god, there is a fight in the round table hold? I had no idea! 

I’ve had 2 fights in the round table, first is when you jump down the balcony.  You get another one next time you go back after Golddrick,

I did not jump down... Missed content!

One for my next run. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1981
    I've been chipping away Kingdom Come Deliverance (Royal Edition) for a while now.

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone that likes an immersive RPG on a Friday night- Stunning graphics and realism.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2938
    Anyone played Crusader Kings 3? Anyone know what the hell to do?

@TeleMaster you'd be forgiven for thinking it might be a game like Civ or C&C where you just grab land across the world until you own everything, but it's really a historical ruler simulator. It's more about role-play, and taking bits of land is made difficult because you can't declare war unless you have a cassus belli. You can get these if your vassels have claims on land, or your family does... which leads to all kinds of intricate diplomatic marriage schemes.

It's more streamlined than CK2, but still if you don't know much about it, it's a "look it up on Youtube" kind of game.

I have hundreds of hours in CK2 and 3. Love them.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10305
    This Draconic Tree Sentinel is impossible. 

I didn't have this second fight. 

I went to the round table and all the lights were off and the place was dark....felt strange and then it says i was invaded!
  • Oh my god, there is a fight in the round table hold? I had no idea! 

I went to the round table and all the lights were off and the place was dark....felt strange and then it says i was invaded!

So many mysteries. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28778
    I am world #1 in Sortpuz on Android. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    So last night my elden ring progress was a bit halted. My 6 yo has got into minecraft and wants to have a "build battle" so i downloaded it on my PC (how is it still 20 quid btw?) and had a quick bash just to make sure we could both play on the same map and stuff since he is using an ipad...well I might have spent 2 and a half hours building a castle....ahem....got a bit carried away there.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited April 2022
    God, i’m not made for Souls game, just died about 29ft from a grace and now i’m like miles back (in a cave) and i am done for the night, I cba to try that again, so many ants and weird OP things that kills me in 3 hits and there are tons of them.
  • God, i’m not made for Souls game, just died about 29ft from a grace and now i’m like miles back (in a cave) and i am done for the night, I cba to try that again, so many ants and weird OP things that kills me in 3 hits and there are tons of them.

Haha I love it. Mark on the map and beeline with a horse?

Ants though, you're somewhere I've never been! 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8035
    edited April 2022
    I have a PS5 and honestly, I'm bored with it. There's nothing I want to play on it. I started Death Stranding, hoping for more Metal Gear style madness and (unreasonable expectations aside) I'm bored of it.

I fancy GT7 but I'm no car geek and fear it'll bore me senseless. FIFA doesn't look as good as it used to be.

Long story short, I bought a Mega Drive and a few games and I'm enjoying the retro gaming experience. I might actually buy an Amiga 600 and possibly a Game Boy and relive my childhood! Tbh, that excites me much more than modern gaming right now.
    Get a Switch.  You can play NES, SNES, N64, and Megadrive games on it, and GBA games are reported coming next. The games are all free with the online pass. 

I have the OLED version, it’s a great little console.   I’m played the hell out of Donkey Kong, and ‘Ghosts and Goblins’ when I was unwell with Covid. 

I got Quake for about £3 in the sale, and it plays superbly on the Switch, I prefer it to the PS5 version.  Now playing the Borderlands Collection on Switch, and Bioshock Remastered Collection.  Plus dip in to Mario Karts 8 occasionally. 

My son has nicked a load of my Switch games.  Will get through this lot, then negotiate hostage release. 

Also playing Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands (another Borderlands game) on PS5. Really enjoying it, lots of fun. I love the Borderlands series (except Pre Sequel), but I’ve really struggled to enjoy Borderlands 3, but  Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is very classic Borderlands fun with a twist, and very engaging.   
    edited April 2022
    God, i’m not made for Souls game, just died about 29ft from a grace and now i’m like miles back (in a cave) and i am done for the night, I cba to try that again, so many ants and weird OP things that kills me in 3 hits and there are tons of them.

It's down underground, east side of the lake (Raya Lucaria?). Entrance is guard by a giant.  The whole place is like a horror movie.  Tunnels are so narrow that the ants blocks your way.
  • TheMarlin said:
    I have a PS5 and honestly, I'm bored with it. There's nothing I want to play on it. I started Death Stranding, hoping for more Metal Gear style madness and (unreasonable expectations aside) I'm bored of it.

I fancy GT7 but I'm no car geek and fear it'll bore me senseless. FIFA doesn't look as good as it used to be.

Long story short, I bought a Mega Drive and a few games and I'm enjoying the retro gaming experience. I might actually buy an Amiga 600 and possibly a Game Boy and relive my childhood! Tbh, that excites me much more than modern gaming right now.
    Get a Switch.  You can play NES, SNES, N64, and Megadrive games on it, and GBA games are reported coming next. The games are all free with the online pass. 

I have the OLED version, it’s a great little console.   I’m played the hell out of Donkey Kong, and ‘Ghosts and Goblins’ when I was unwell with Covid. 

I got Quake for about £3 in the sale, and it plays superbly on the Switch, I prefer it to the PS5 version.  Now playing the Borderlands Collection on Switch, and Bioshock Remastered Collection.  Plus dip in to Mario Karts 8 occasionally. 

My son has nicked a load of my Switch games.  Will get through this lot, then negotiate hostage release. 

Also playing Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands (another Borderlands game) on PS5. Really enjoying it, lots of fun. I love the Borderlands series (except Pre Sequel), but I’ve really struggled to enjoy Borderlands 3, but  Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is very classic Borderlands fun with a twist, and very engaging.   

I quite liked borderlands 2 but the pre-sequel and borderlands 3 were not so well balanced, and the "humour" grates on me a bit - but tiny Tina's looks more fun, I like the idea it's set in a fantasy. 

The switch sounds amazing, maybe I'll look into it. Can you play pokemon games on it, like pokemon snap, pokemon heart gold/souls silver etc? These are now collectable apparently so I hope Nintendo makes them accessible... 
  • God, i’m not made for Souls game, just died about 29ft from a grace and now i’m like miles back (in a cave) and i am done for the night, I cba to try that again, so many ants and weird OP things that kills me in 3 hits and there are tons of them.

It's down underground, east side of the lake (Raya Lucaria?). Entrance is guard by a giant.  The whole place is like a horror movie.  Tunnels are so narrow that the ants blocks your way.

Sounds amazing, I'll see if I can find it later. 

Something with a bit of aoe may help, like storm stomp or a shield Ash of war. 

Sounds amazing, I'll see if I can find it later. 

Something with a bit of aoe may help, like storm stomp or a shield Ash of war. 
    I have the Storm Stomp and Frost Stomp but I died whilst I was taking a breather in the corner, high up a ledge, thinking i was safe…then 3 of these zombie things came out of nowhere from my right side and then I was stuck, can’t roll through him and died.
    Something like Unsheathe would be good. Long distance, breaks poise. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    I have unsheathe but none of the weapons I can actually wield will take it :(

What is it that determines when you can summon btw? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    The Moonveil Katana does Unsheath as it's Ash of War (can't be swapped).  I just got surprised...