General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7349
    I think my main problem is the combat is actually deceptively slow. I'm trying to okay it like the  ninja gaiden remake but actually the animations are super long and it's more about waiting for the reply ght time. Need to press way less buttons lol.

Also disappointed I can't wasd.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
    I think my main problem is the combat is actually deceptively slow. I'm trying to okay it like the  ninja gaiden remake but actually the animations are super long and it's more about waiting for the reply ght time. Need to press way less buttons lol.

Also disappointed I can't wasd.
    There is an Ashes of War call Bloodhound Steps which let you "warp" from spot to spot.  Like rolling but you disappear and appear further than rolling and quicker.  It gives you longer invincibility frames than rolling and also faster than rolling too for the same distance. 
  • I hardly use ashes of war, I didn't really play dark souls 3 much so my brain isn't yet used to them.

I haven't found any amazing ones yet. I've got a frost stomp one, which was too good for a bit. I think it was nerfed, which is a good thing - I felt overpowered, and found it fairly early on. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    I’ve got unsheathe on my weapon as a starting ashes and I’ve continued with it. In fact I’ve still got my starting weapon upgraded to +8. I’ve got blood blade on my other sword but I don’t use it that much. 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1048
    Samurai starting class yeah. Uchigatana is amazing! 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    Yea. I use a shield a bow and dual wield depending on the situation. I feel quite versatile, but I think I'm a little low for my area at the moment.
  • KDSKDS Frets: 222
    What game are you guys playing, I like the idea of being a Samurai
    @KDS Elden Ring. Though I'd suggest Ghost of Tsushima if you wanna run around as a samurai. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 222
    @KDS Elden Ring. Though I'd suggest Ghost of Tsushima if you wanna run around as a samurai. 
    Thanks, I'll check both out
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    KDS said:
    Ghost of Tsushima is brilliantly atmospheric, and a genuine pleasure to play too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KDS said:
    Ghost of Tsushima is brilliantly atmospheric, and a genuine pleasure to play too

Sekiro also. 
    I hardly use ashes of war, I didn't really play dark souls 3 much so my brain isn't yet used to them.

I haven't found any amazing ones yet. I've got a frost stomp one, which was too good for a bit. I think it was nerfed, which is a good thing - I felt overpowered, and found it fairly early on. 
    Where is the frost stomp one? I only found the storm stomp one which is rubbish.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3254
    edited April 2022
    KDS said:

That was given away as a monthly PS Plus free game for PS Plus members not too long ago, its how I got my copy that I've yet to try.
    KDS said:

That was given away as a monthly PS Plus free game for PS Plus members not too long ago, its how I got my copy that I've yet to try.
    I think that was the multiplayer Ghost of Tsushima Legends mode which can be fun with some friends but the main single player game is much much better imo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3254
    edited April 2022
    KDS said:

I think that was the multiplayer Ghost of Tsushima Legends mode which can be fun with some friends but the main single player game is much much better imo. 

I couldn't tell you to be honest, I added it to my library, but never downloaded it, yet alone tried it.  I'm extremely time poor when it comes to gaming right now, and have been since lockdown and the pandemic started.  I've yet to finish the turotial to Horizon Forbidden West, and I've had the game for a week if not longer now and it's a game that I've been desperately looking forward to.
  • I hardly use ashes of war, I didn't really play dark souls 3 much so my brain isn't yet used to them.

Where is the frost stomp one? I only found the storm stomp one which is rubbish.

I can't remember, but I'm sure there are guides if you don't mind spoilers. I'm avoiding any and all guides as it's my first play through. Next time I might use guides to find some stuff I missed. 
    Ghost of Tsushima was free?!!

How did I miss that?!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27612
    Ghost of Tsushima was free?!!

How did I miss that?!
    No, only Legends mode
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Oh, phew, I thought I missed a whale of a freebie.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7349
    Ahh god damn i'm still so shit at Elden Ring...even struggling to take out the boss  in the cave in the starting area. How do you even grind for  level as it seems once youve murderer mobs once theyu dont drop anything any more once you kiill them?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ