General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• westfordwestford Frets: 599
    I’m replaying Fallout 4 on the PS5. I got annoyed with the settlement building/defending first time round, but quite like it now. Keep collecting coffee cups and microscopes and stuff on my travels so I can hook up lights in all the buildings and get decent defensive turrets in place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29116
    I have completed Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes. It was jolly good. Story rather derivative but still entertaining.

Now on Octopath Traveller.

On PC I played Tiny Terry's Turbo Trip, which was silly and excellent. Drive a tiny car around a city, upgrading it until you can drive into space. Includes football, yoga, and hats.

I tried Metal Dogs but it didn't work with my controller so I refunded it. Now on the Fumes demo, which is excellent - reminds me a bit of Bandits Phoenix Rising.

I'm also working my way through the System Shock remake - absolutely excellent. I missed the original.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    edited June 24
    Today is the day I start Shenmue and after that Shenmue II, I had them on Dreamcast back in the day but that was the time where travelling, gigs, work and women got in the way.
    @strumjoughlamps ;;
    How are you getting on with Shenmue? 
    I never played it when it came out on Dreamcast, but heard great things about it at the time. 

I finally got to play it many years later (in 2018) when it was released on XBox One: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/shenmue-i-ii/BZZP5HFC3PGJ and really enjoyed it. 

Unfortunately I lent the games to an old friend and never got them back. 

EDIT: I saw that Shenmue 1&2 was still on sale tonight for 12 more hours, on the XBox store for £3.74 (reduced from £24.99) so I went for it!

I played 15 mins of Shenmue 1, which worked straight away, as I had previously downloaded both games in 2018, when I originally bought the discs.  Checking the last save file date for Shenmue 1, I last played it in August 2018!

Shenmue 2 is currently downloading a 20 minute update. Fingers crossed it works ok.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27687
    Love the new Zelda-Zelda.

And METROID PRIME 4!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAgmdR8jwU 

Also Perfect Dark including online multiplayer on the N64 channel 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2626
    tFB Trader
    This looks really cool too...  Id get that on the switch if they release it in that format.

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3263
    We keep meaning to buy Megaman for the Switch, but have far far too many games on our ''to play'' list, that we haven't even touched yet
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27687
    Back in the real world I've been playing the OG Metroid Prime remaster. It's ace :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3263
    Rabs said:

That looks so naff, that it might actually be really good.  Nintendo have a well deserved track record of releasing games that on watching the adds for look like they are going to be extremely naff and shit, only to turn out to be bloody good games.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2626
    edited June 19 tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

That looks so naff, that it might actually be really good.  Nintendo have a well deserved track record of releasing games that on watching the adds for look like they are going to be extremely naff and shit, only to turn out to be bloody good games.
    Well people on here have talked about the original game so I though some may be interested. The vid is for a DLC pack for the original Dave the Diver.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Anyone else playing Still Wakes the Deep?

Serious Alien Isolation vibes!
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    FarleyUK said:
    Anyone else playing Still Wakes the Deep?

Serious Alien Isolation vibes!
    Watched the Many A True Nerd video of this while doing morning puppy training.  Looks interesting and all the Scottish swearing is gold.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 470
    Loved the base game of Dave the Diver, one of those relaxing indies.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 373
    Rabs said:
    Rabs said:

Well people on here have talked about the original game so I though some may be interested. The vid is for a DLC pack for the original Dave the Diver.
    The original game is utterly wonderful. I'll be looking at the DLC

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4230
    Rabs said:

Huuuuuge G-fan here, so I'm hyped :mrgreen:
  • PennPenn Frets: 668
    I’m playing a new game on my Macintosh. It’s not going well.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Penn said:

I’ve recently bought a new gaming machine. 

My ''local independent computer shop'' - term used as loosely as is possible, actually have a sign on their window advertising a ''computer museum'' in their shop with - no joke here, ''museum quality pieces in our collection'', and that exact Mac you have, though in a lot worse and unworking condition, is the only thing in their ''museum''.
    Even worse, there’s a compact Mac on display in the science museum in London. I was in there looking at it and a woman next to me was explaining to her son that computers looked like that before she was born. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    @Penn ;
    I’ve never played that version of Sim City on Macintosh, but have played Sim City on SNES which looks very similar.

https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/SimCity#:~:text=Genre(s)&text=SimCity%20is%20a%20city%20building,on%20the%20Wii%20Virtual%20Console.

Do you unlock a Zoo, Bank etc. as your city population increases?
    duotone said:
    @Penn ;
    I’ve never played that version of Sim City on Macintosh, but have played Sim City on SNES which looks very similar.

https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/SimCity#:~:text=Genre(s)&text=SimCity%20is%20a%20city%20building,on%20the%20Wii%20Virtual%20Console.

Do you unlock a Zoo, Bank etc. as your city population increases?
    Not that I saw but I didn’t play it for that long. I shall play it again and let you know.