General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3327
    Retroarch is now available on Apple App Store…
    Oh wow, iPad + controller....boom!

Yep, not gonna be much storage left on my iPad by the end of day..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4205
    Retroarch is now available on Apple App Store…
    Perfect timing - I'm on a flight for a few hours next week and my boy'll be stealing my iPad! 

Right, what games would be iPhone friendly?  Old-school Zelda perhaps?  Or dare I dig out the Game Gear emulator and attempt the impossibility that is Dragon Crystal yet again? I've been trying to beat that (on-and-off, of course) for 33 years now without success!!!
    and standalone PPSSPP now on iOS too, so I will leave it at that and say it’s looking like all the great retro emulators are at some point gonna be on iOS.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Right, quick recommendations required please for a handheld emulator thingy. I need to buy it on Prime today so that I can get it delivered and loaded with games of choice before an early AM flight on Thursday. 

Looking to play various GB/GBA games, as well as MD/GG, SNES, and hopefully some Sega Saturn ones as well - though that seems to be the limiting factor.
    Right, quick recommendations required please for a handheld emulator thingy. I need to buy it on Prime today so that I can get it delivered and loaded with games of choice before an early AM flight on Thursday. 

Looking to play various GB/GBA games, as well as MD/GG, SNES, and hopefully some Sega Saturn ones as well - though that seems to be the limiting factor.
    Mmm thing is a you’ll be paying a bit over the odds Amazon and Prime but you probably already know that..

I’d dismiss Saturn being an option and get a RG35XX for £62ish quid delivered today or tomorrow with Prime.

Current Emulation handheld collection.

I've been eyeing up one of those Anbernic jobbies. Which one would you recommend if you could only have one?
    I would choose between the RG35xx Plus or the H.  Depending on your preference on either a Gameboy style or Game Gear style layout.  

Personally, I think the H offers better value due to added analogue sticks, it is also thinner too by a good 30%.

Wait, just found this.

@Raymond_Lin - is there much difference in battery life etc between the two, or is it just the form factor and analog sticks?
    @strumjoughlamps yup, had I planned ahead I would’ve got one earlier at a more reasonable price without the Prime tax! I don’t have anywhere local that seems to stock these type of things either, so that’s a no-go.

Thanks though, looks like it’ll be one of the RG35 series then :)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12003
    Current Emulation handheld collection.

I've been eyeing up one of those Anbernic jobbies. Which one would you recommend if you could only have one?
    I would choose between the RG35xx Plus or the H.  Depending on your preference on either a Gameboy style or Game Gear style layout.  

Personally, I think the H offers better value due to added analogue sticks, it is also thinner too by a good 30%.

Wait, just found this.

@Raymond_Lin - is there much difference in battery life etc between the two, or is it just the form factor and analog sticks?
    Same processor, same screen, same resolution and same battery so the battery life is the same and the only difference is form factor and added analogue stick.

The H is objectively the better machine.  The new SP has a cool clam shell form factor though but again, no sticks.
    Having a classics day today

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17732
    tFB Trader

I bloody love Buggy Boy!
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3208

Look at the size of the controller, that must have some weight behind it.  There is just no way you could have a gaming session with something that big and heavy on your lap.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @CavemanGrogg - pretty sure that's meant to cover two laps, given the controls!
    @CavemanGrogg - pretty sure that's meant to cover two laps, given the controls!

Two super strength people, two normal people couldn't deal with the size and weight of it while gaming.  Though at least he is sensible when it comes to his choice of fans, the Dyson is very very good, and really worth the money.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Look at the size of the controller, that must have some weight behind it.  There is just no way you could have a gaming session with something that big and heavy on your lap.
    Big lols, it’s a 2 player controller a la arcade machine and alternate turns on the trackball for Golden Tee Golf/Shuffleshot etc.. it does not sit on a lap(or 2)

it also has buttons on the sides for pinball tables.

I have 3 Dyson fans, 2 of the hot and colds and just cold… been excellent had them for years.

Big lols, it’s a 2 player controller a la arcade machine and alternate turns on the trackball for Golden Tee Golf/Shuffleshot etc.. it does not sit on a lap(or 2)

it also has buttons on the sides for pinball tables.

I have 3 Dyson fans, 2 of the hot and colds and just cold… been excellent had them for years.

We swear by their Hot and Cold ones with the HEPA filter, water tank, and are controlled via a remote that is magnetic, that charges when placed on top of the fan - it magnetically ''snaps'' into position at the highest point where it charges, they've been brilliant, I highly recommend them.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28934
    I had a brief break from Eiyuden Chronicles and played Little Kitty, Big City.

Highly recommended. Peril-free, quite funny. A bit of Untitled Goose Game, a bit of climbing, and a lot of hats. An excellent few hours.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I had a brief break from Eiyuden Chronicles and played Little Kitty, Big City.

Highly recommended. Peril-free, quite funny. A bit of Untitled Goose Game, a bit of climbing, and a lot of hats. An excellent few hours.
    Yep been playing a fair bit, really enjoyable, few camera niggles but nothing major.

have you walked around a corner and seen a cucumber yet? We were in bits :lol:
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10366
    robgilmo said:
    nero1701 said:
    robgilmo said:
    nero1701 said:
    robgilmo said:
    Anyone else here play VR? Population One maybe?
    I had a whole motion platform VR sim racing rig, 

Packed it in a couple years back
    Ive seen those on Youtube, why did you pack it in?
    It was too consuming.

I set up a racing league, https://www.radicalraceseries.co.uk/

I'd spend days learning tracks, shaving 100ths of my time..Didnt pick a guitar up in 3 years.

I then changed jobs and had less home time and just fell out of love with it.
    That sounds very time consuming, sounds like you were getting lost in it.
    I ran a raiding guild on Warcraft, raiding 3-5 nights a week and a competitive clan on Rainbow 6 Vegas as the same time, it is a full time job. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27462
    PS Store sale has some of my Wishlist on sale. Any of these worth a go at the price? 

Dead Space £24
    GoW Ragnarok £43
    Cyberpunk £24  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires