Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Slay the Spire 2 has been announced!

Early access release next year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 177
    Damn, wish it was on Xbox.
  • Crazy happy for sts2. I still play it every day! 
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    edited April 11
    I’m 3 episodes into Fallout on Prime and it’s really good. Loving it. Getting great reviews too. 91% on rotten tomatoes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28740
    I played Botany Manor. Short, simple puzzler, but a nice style and perfectly enjoyable on GamePass. Not sure I'd think it was good value if I'd paid for it.

Now on Lil Gator Game, which is delightful. A sort of peril-free Zelda-a-like, but very funny.

Also I've bought the remake of System Shock but not started it yet.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3713
    edited April 14
    I have a PS4 Pro I was handed down by a relative…. But last week all sorts of crashes, reboot rebuild messages, not shutting down properly, etc. I did the usual repairs, reset, etc.. but it looks like hard drive failure?

Worth popping in a cheap 1TB SSD?   

I’ve got access to a PS5 so sorted generally but like the PS4 in a second room and not keen to get a 2nd hand one which may exhibit same issues. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4176
    cruxiform said:
    I’m 3 episodes into Fallout on Prime and it’s really good. Loving it. Getting great reviews too. 91% on rotten tomatoes.
    Agreed - second episode felt like it was slowing down, then picked up for the third act of it and all is right with the wasteland again!
    I finished Lil Gator Game. Ending a little mushy, but still well worth a peril-free evening or two.

Started System Shock. They made games hard in those days, but I'm enjoying it thus far. 

Also Superhot something delete on Gamepass. OK, but very, very repetitive. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Is Cyberpunk 2077 worth playing now? I had it preordered back on release for PS4 but after the lauch reviews I returned it without opening. Now I've got a PS5 and its had a couple of updates im wondering if it worth revisting? not only from a performance standpoint but also is it a good game?

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 367
    Just finished Spiderman 2 which I thought was great, it's rare that I complete all the side quests but I did in this one. Moved onto messing about with F1 2023 while I look for something more involving.
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

edited April 15
    I found Cyberpunk dull and unimaginative. Fetch this, do this on-rails section, talk to this stereotype...

I wonder if the current general view us more about its being less shit than when it came out, nit that it's actually any good. 

But it's got lots of tits. So that you know it's edgy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4176
    edited April 15
    d8m said:
    Is Cyberpunk 2077 worth playing now? I had it preordered back on release for PS4 but after the lauch reviews I returned it without opening. Now I've got a PS5 and its had a couple of updates im wondering if it worth revisting? not only from a performance standpoint but also is it a good game?

I’m not a fan; I’ve tried getting into it a few times, both before and after the major fixes but I find it quite mundane and repetitive. The world they created is pretty but paper-thin imo.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    d8m said:
    I loved it.

Hated it at launch, but went back to it and got me hooked. No idea why people are saying it's mundane - I found the vast majority of side-quests etc. were very unique.

I completed it a few times for the different endings, and would highly recommend it.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11941
    edited April 15
    i really enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk, I thought the world was cool, I thought the storyline was actually interesting.  Yes, it was shallower than some games and the NPCs were meh but I had fun.  I enjoyed the multiple ways I could "Terminator" style a level or I could do it all through hacking and frying their brains.  I had great fun with the weapons, the homing shotguns and homing sniper rifles were particularly deadly.  But the most deadly of all is this single shot handgun that after some upgrades, it was literally a cannon firing exploding rounds.  Shooting someone in the knee would cause all the limbs to come off, and anyone standing next to them.

There are some really neat stuff like I particularly liked the boxing side quest, I thought the Meredith storyline was fun and the weapon you get from it.  I liked how adult it is and let you do quite a lot of things and see a lot of things.  
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    edited April 15
    d8m said:

I’m not a fan; I’ve tried getting into it a few times, both before and after the major fixes but I find it quite mundane and repetitive. The world they created is pretty but paper-thin imo.
    Yea, great world, but I found the storyline and narrative executed somewhat poorly. Apparently the expansion was very good by all accounts.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    edited April 15
    d8m said:
    I loved it, have put over 100 hours in. The updates have improved it so much and the Phantom Liberty DLC was excellent. I seem to be in a minority, although I don’t analyse the games I play like some of you guys do. If I like it then that’s good enough for me.
    cruxiform said:

I don’t analyse the games I play like some of you guys do. If I like it then that’s good enough for me.
    Ok, if "dull and unimaginative" is overanalytical, I didn't like it and it wasn't good.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17674
    tFB Trader
    RedRabbit said:

A really interesting element is that they've switched from Unity to Godot engine because of all the Unity nonsense that happened last year. 

If it's a success then I think it will be a really big coup for open source game engines.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1110
    I have a PS4 Pro I was handed down by a relative…. But last week all sorts of crashes, reboot rebuild messages, not shutting down properly, etc. I did the usual repairs, reset, etc.. but it looks like hard drive failure?

Worth popping in a cheap 1TB SSD?   

I’ve got access to a PS5 so sorted generally but like the PS4 in a second room and not keen to get a 2nd hand one which may exhibit same issues. 

Definitely worth it, I had a 1TB SSD in mine, made it more responsive for a lot of games. When I sold the PS4 Pro, I put the SSD in an USB caddy to use with my PS5 for external storage of PS4 games.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    RedRabbit said:

A really interesting element is that they've switched from Unity to Godot engine because of all the Unity nonsense that happened last year. 

If it's a success then I think it will be a really big coup for open source game engines.

I think the move to Godot has cast some doubt on what platforms it'll be released on though.  My understanding is that there's no native support for xbox or playstation development in Godot and releasing it on either platform would likely require them to outsource the port to a third party.