General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11892
    DefaultM said:
    Haha PolarityMan got another one from another thread before I could see it. One day.
    Here you go, fixed it for you.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7360
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4156
    d8m said: 
    Question for the Helldivers 2 players..... Is it really as good as it looks?! Ive watched videos on youtube raving about it and it does look great from what I've seen, on the fence about buying but doubtful about longetitvty of game once the initial hype dies down.
    The way the galaxy war is managed suggests a good amount of longevity, there’s some great upgrades and new challenges being released as it goes on too. I do think it’ll get repetitive, but no more so than CoD/BF etc. ever has. It’s also really nice to not be forced into PvP multiplayer for a change, and that puts a different spin on the gameplay.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    I have to admit, the main thing putting me off Helldivers 2 was the multiplayer - but you say you can do it all on your own, with no need to join matches...?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28573
    I got Dragon's Dogma 2 "free" with a pair of new PC monitors.

If anyone's after a recommendation they seem really decent - MSI MAG 323UPF. 32-inch, 160Hz, 4KUHD, and currently on sale at £500 instead of £800 at various places. 

Anyone want to buy my old Dell P2715q? :D
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    FarleyUK said:
    I have to admit, the main thing putting me off Helldivers 2 was the multiplayer - but you say you can do it all on your own, with no need to join matches...?
    From what I've seen you can play solo but you may struggle with harder missions? It does seems best with friends but does have the option to team up with random people if you want. Looks to have a good ping system aswell so mic not necessary(bonus for me)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7489
    Sporky said:

If anyone's after a recommendation they seem really decent - MSI MAG 323UPF. 32-inch, 160Hz, 4KUHD, and currently on sale at £500 instead of £800 at various places. 

Ooo... Maybe, depending on price and timing (I am moving house at the end of this month so I won't be able to sort until at least after that...). 
    Sporky said:

Ooo... Maybe, depending on price and timing (I am moving house at the end of this month so I won't be able to sort until at least after that...). 
    It's happily ensconced in its box in the loft so no rush. Fantastic office monitor, and hardly shabby for gaming (only 4k30 on HDMI, but 4k60 on DP). 
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7489
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

It's happily ensconced in its box in the loft so no rush. Fantastic office monitor, and hardly shabby for gaming (only 4k30 on HDMI, but 4k60 on DP). 

I mean, I'm playing doom. Admittedly it's technically at 120fps but that hardly matters when the engine doesn't do that... ;) and 99 percent srgb is enough for my photography as well. I'll drop you a pm :) 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    edited April 4
    FarleyUK said:
    It's perfectly fun playing it with people. You don't have to communicate much beyond pinging stuff. You won't be able to solo harder difficulties for ages.

d8m said: 
    Question for the Helldivers 2 players..... Is it really as good as it looks?! Ive watched videos on youtube raving about it and it does look great from what I've seen, on the fence about buying but doubtful about longetitvty of game once the initial hype dies down.
    The way the galaxy war is managed suggests a good amount of longevity, there’s some great upgrades and new challenges being released as it goes on too. I do think it’ll get repetitive, but no more so than CoD/BF etc. ever has. It’s also really nice to not be forced into PvP multiplayer for a change, and that puts a different spin on the gameplay.
    It's great. Game of the year for me so far. 

Get some liber-tea in you and let's kill the enemy for DEMOCRACY!

I'll add you, @guitargeek62 ;;;we'll play. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    Now I'm one behind so I'll try fret whoring by pointing out that the series peaked at D2. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4156
    FarleyUK said:
    You can indeed but it’s much harder solo. The multiplayer on this is cooperative, there’s no PvP mode - that makes a big difference for me. The missions only ever have a max of 4 players in at any one time too, against wave after wave of CPU-controlled enemies. That alone forces a v.different approach to typical shooters, and it works really well imho. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun and Firestorm are now available from Steam =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I finished my second go through Horizon Forbidden West. Burning Shores DLC downloaded and ready to go... 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27156
    I've been back on Dishonored 2 this week. It's still great. I still suck at stealth
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I put Dishonored 2 off for years, despite really enjoying the first one. And then loved it. 
    Sporky said:
    I put Dishonored 2 off for years, despite really enjoying the first one. And then loved it. 
    Yeah I think they're both great and I did enjoy Deathloop from the same guys, though perhaps not quite as much. I'm sure I originally played through as one character with the intention of going back and doing it as the other one later but never did. I have long since forgotten who I chose for that first run so might finally get around to both runs this time..! 

I thought Deathloop was the best of the three. Really clever, and a good blast too. 
    I didn't dislike it by any stretch, just wish it had gone a smidge further with the general concept. It's still on my list of stuff I want to play again. 

Same goes for Prey. I quite enjoyed that one but didn't feel like I got into it in the way a lot of people seemed to have. Must try that one again. 
    I didn't like Prey. Bullet-sponge enemies, and I'm pretty sure I spotted the ending about three hours in.