General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    Sporky said:
    If you like Portal, then once you've done Portal 2 do Portal Stories:Mel, and Portal Revolution. Both fan-made but to a similar level of quality. 
    I think he means that PS Portal remote gaming device Sony released. Every time I've used Remote Play it's been quite laggy. 
    Doh! I missed the "a" in front of Portal. 

It was still good advice. ;) 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited March 27
    Finally jumped onto next gen with a PS5 thanks to the current sale. Have been having a blast on this:

I dont actually own any PS5 games at the moment but have been looking at Hell Let Loose- also tempted to give Cyberpunk 2077 a go now(I did originaly have it preordered for PS4 but returned after the launch reviews)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7869
    If you get PlayStation Plus, you might not need to buy a game again. 
  • @d8m Hell Let Loose is brutal, time, effort and constantly chatting is my experience, seriously I've been 'told off' before by the squadron I was in for not participating enough verbally. I found myself going back to Battlefield 2042 (which I personally like)

CoD 'Hijacked' it ain't.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    @d8m Hell Let Loose is brutal, time, effort and constantly chatting is my experience, seriously I've been 'told off' before by the squadron I was in for not participating enough verbally. I found myself going back to Battlefield 2042 (which I personally like)

CoD 'Hijacked' it ain't.

This is my concern...I was big into Socom back in the day which seems on par with HLL. I have far less gaming time than back then though.

I have BF2042 in my PSPLUS library but haven't tried it since the Beta on PS4, used to love BF1 so if it's on par with that(apart from the difference in time setting) I'll be happy!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Is anyone playing Helldivers 2? It's awesome. 
    I’ve grabbed a copy but haven’t had chance to play yet - it does look fun though, seems to be very Starship Troopers-esque??

I managed to get a Portal recently and have to say it’s been pretty great. I’m essentially just using it at home when there’s something else on the main TV, or when I’m being lazy and fancy using it in bed. The only real critique I have so far is that switching user profiles is a bit of a pain, and doesn’t leverage the usual workflow on the PS5 itself. 

I have a Portal and they are brilliant but be aware if you have mesh networking you might have a nightmare getting them to work.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1423
    I love hll, brutal, hard..got to cooperate with the squad. I don't have chat on, I let them know at the start that I'll listen but don't talk.
  • Cyberpunk £24.99 on Steam, that'll do me.. apparently runs quite tidy on Steam Deck so this is where I will start.
    Ive got cyberpunk on some stupid platform thats a ball ache to get going on the steam deck..

I'm off on holiday Monday and need a game or 2 to go..

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3286
    edited March 28
    nero1701 said:
    Ive got cyberpunk on some stupid platform thats a ball ache to get going on the steam deck..

Have you got it on GOG? you can install Heroic on Steam Deck to run GOG, Epic and Prime Gaming stuff.

Played it for a couple of hours, it's like Johnny Mnemonic meets Neuromancer meets Strange Days..... And I likes it, I likes it a lot.....
    nero1701 said:

Have you got it on GOG? you can install Heroic on Steam Deck to run GOG, Epic and Prime Gaming stuff.

Played it for a couple of hours, it's like Johnny Mnemonic meets Neuromancer meets Strange Days..... And I likes it, I likes it a lot.....
    Yeah, on GOG, I'll look at that heroic thingie, cheers
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    Is anyone playing Helldivers 2? It's awesome. 
    Yes all over it. Really fun game. I like it’s not sweaty as you’re playing AI, therefore more casual. 

Strangely I’ve seen several hackers though. What is to point on a co-op game? I just don’t understand it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Diablo IV is now on Xbox GamePass so I'm going to give it a go. 
    After disappointing reviews I decided against buying it at the time but I'll play it for free...

Baldurs Gate on pause atm.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    I finished the story of diablo IV but it was a bit of a chore 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10217
    edited March 31
    Diablo for will be a bit of a slog if you've played it for the story. I've played Diablo 2 and 3 extensively and I couldn't even tell you what the story was! It's strengths are in the gear, the seasons, the rifts, the leaderboards. It's a game that you play to grind to get the best gear. The story is really irrelevant. 

I've not really bothered to play 4 even though I preordered it. 
  • PennPenn Frets: 620
    Planet Zoo - console edition… not perfect but I love building stuff and it’s good fun. Cost too much but I enjoyed planet coaster and so bought it. 

Not a perfect game but it’s satisfying. 

I’ve played the new cities skylines to. Even with the updates it’s very disappointing. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    Penn said:

I’ve played the new cities skylines to. Even with the updates it’s very disappointing. 
    I went bankrupt following the tutorial in the original. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    Helldivers II is great fun. The mechanic’s simple, and I’m sure it’ll get repetitive, but it’s also not a AAA £60 game. Worth a try for sure if you like shooters.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10217
    Helldivers II is great fun. The mechanic’s simple, and I’m sure it’ll get repetitive, but it’s also not a AAA £60 game. 
    No it's better! I can't think of many triple A shooters that are as fun, as fresh and have as much replayability as this. Soloing a Helldiver difficulty mission will take me an age to do. 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Without reading through the last 207 pages, what games would you advise on a newly bought PC with pretty fair spec?
    For context, I remember installing Wolfenstein 3D after playing Commander Keen. Last (new) PC game's I've played were Half-Life 2 and Age of Empires 3. Quite like simple Geometry Wars style games. Want something that is good single-player, and can showcase gfx of new PC.
    So, a broad question, to be sure.

Adam