General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7361
    edited February 17
    I loved the original Sims when I was a kid but can't get in to the modern ones.
    I once had a baby and then put it in a room I'd built in the garden until social services came. When she got in the room I removed the door so she was trapped. Eventually she teleported away with my baby.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28578
    I finished The Talos Principle. Really good. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455

That's basically my experience of elden ring - and possibly open world games in general - whereas dark souls/bloodborne never get boring despite linearity. 

I want to give elden ring another go but I can't be bothered to get through the first... I don't know, 30 hours? Again! 

Ladyprettydamned has been using the ps5 extensively playing sims4. Last night I bought her a pet pack for it. I've never really "got" sims but she's absolutely loving it - any fans here? 

I'm 3 great runes in and really enjoying it - there are ways of making the game a bit more linear on a second playthrough and I am much better at dodging and attacking having gone with a close range build.

Well worth the replay (IMO). Happy to give some pointers if you want it. 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3292
    edited February 20
    Okay riddle me this... WHY have I only just got a Steam Deck...??

A) cos you're a dimwit

B. cos you were waiting for a cheaper price (got a 512gb LCD off Steam Refurb for £319)

C) cos you didn't realise it's capabilities

D) all of the above

:
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    B and C cos I don't want to insult you?

I had to send mine back for a second time as the right bumper failed for the second time. The first time I dropped it so that one is one me, but they still fixed it free of charge and are fixing it again free of charge even though it's out of warranty. Great support (although they do take a while to repair). 

I bought Chivalry 2 on sale for £13 or so. It's good but repetitive. It reminds me of Battlefront but with axes and stuff. 

• I am just downloading Hogwarts Legacy on to it to see how it fairs, apparently is great handheld but needs a tweak when docked. I'm 74% completed but probably still got a few hours left to 100%..

Will be good to get this out of the living room. The good lady hasn't been fussed about it's appearance but I have..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, sold on the Steam Deck, the etched glass non reflective screen is really easy on the eye.

Hogwarts Legacy and Dirt 5 (2 games I was concerned about) playing really good on it.. Dreamcast, GameCube and old Arcade all a doddle to set up..

I've hit a couple of things where I thought 'well you could have made that easier' especially when things like Epic Games and other launchers were so easy to set up... But all in all I am very happy.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1457
    I like my deck, I've barely used it tbh, I save it for holidays really. 
    Mine is being shipped back now :) 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Prompted by PC Gamer magazine, I've revisited Into the Breach which I downloaded on my Switch in 2019. I barely played it at the time, but now I've got into it, it's a bloody brilliant turn-based strategy game. It's easy to play, and I love how it progresses too.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28578
    edited February 25
    I've refinished Horizon Zero Dawn and am on to the Frozen Wilds. Forbidden West next. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7528
    I’ve actually started playing Breath Of The Wild - only as far as finding Kakoriko Village but thoroughly enjoying it 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2207
    Really gotten in to GT7 and all racing games lately. Bought a Fanatec DD+ in Jan and loving it. 

Received the pulse elite headset today. Sound is great. However there are a few static sounds I’ve noticed. I’ll see if it continues and if so, will swap them out for another pair. 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2207
    Anyone played Helldivers 2 yet? Looks like a great game! 
    Barnezy said:
    Anyone played Helldivers 2 yet? Looks like a great game! 
    I've heard some good things about it but I haven't played it. I'm not sure if I would end up getting bored quite quickly. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 702
    edited February 24
    I've been playing 5 nights at freddies security breach with my son which has been great fun but we're stuck at the play room bit with the generators.

Just thinking now we're maybe crouching when it's not necessary. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    Anyone got some good iPad games?

I've got an M2 pro and interested in a few games that give it a once over.
  • Anyone got some good iPad games?

I've got an M2 pro and interested in a few games that give it a once over.

It won't push the m2 pro at all, but I love brotato! It's really fun, and genuinely more "tactical" or "strategy" than other bullet hell games. 

Would love to know how the m2 pro iPad is for day to day purposes. We have an old (5 years I think) base model iPad that's starting to give up the ghost a bit (buggy software, facetime not always working properly for example). Not sure we'd get a pro but would be good to know what it's like. 
  • I've set up Doom Launcher on my laptop, and I highly recommend it! It has a direct connection to the doomworld maps and downloads, and seems to do a really good job making it easy to play custom map packs.

I've created a small library from community chest packs to legendary slaughter packs like sunlust and sunder. 

The games themselves, from gog, cost me a might £3.30 all in and now I have access to hundreds of quality games built in the engine! 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 702
    Kurtis said:
    I've been playing 5 nights at freddies security breach with my son which has been great fun but we're stuck at the play room bit with the generators.

Just thinking now we're maybe crouching when it's not necessary. 

Yeah, done it today!