General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7366
    My brother had the N64 so I only ever got to play it when he was out and I snuck in his room. I remember booting chickens in Zelda, but mainly being really frustrated with the controller. I thought Golden Eye was unplayable but everyone seemed to love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28636
    FarleyUK said:
    Think I'm currently at 52 hours on Cyberpunk. What an awesome game that is - and a great example of devs listening to (the well deserved) criticism and correcting it. Would have been nice if it was actually released in this state, but hey-ho.

If you've never tried it - or played it on release and dropped it - take another look.
    i got about five hours in and gave up. Dull, dull, dull. Derivative setting, on-rails shooter sections, tedious go-and-talk-to-pompous-NPCs missions. I dare not imagine how awful it must have been on release if people think it's much improved now. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10268
    Sporky said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Think I'm currently at 52 hours on Cyberpunk. What an awesome game that is - and a great example of devs listening to (the well deserved) criticism and correcting it. Would have been nice if it was actually released in this state, but hey-ho.

If you've never tried it - or played it on release and dropped it - take another look.
    i got about five hours in and gave up. Dull, dull, dull. Derivative setting, on-rails shooter sections, tedious go-and-talk-to-pompous-NPCs missions. I dare not imagine how awful it must have been on release if people think it's much improved now. 
    I agree. After the opening scenes where the story is set up there was no logical reason why the guy would run around doing little side quests all day long. It was a complete immersion killer and the whole game felt completely pointless beyond the main quest. It was just really poor writing. No amount of patches can fix that. 
  • Interesting re. Cyberpunk… was considering picking it up cheap for PS5 but I got similarly bored with all the similar format side missions in AC Odyssey.
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2209
    edited February 7
    Any GT7 players out there? 

Would be great to setup a few Fretboard races! 
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 173
    Interesting re. Cyberpunk… was considering picking it up cheap for PS5 but I got similarly bored with all the similar format side missions in AC Odyssey.
    Is say it's a lot more varied with side missions than AC. But each to their own, I'm enjoying it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rkphilpot said:
    Interesting re. Cyberpunk… was considering picking it up cheap for PS5 but I got similarly bored with all the similar format side missions in AC Odyssey.
    Is say it's a lot more varied with side missions than AC. But each to their own, I'm enjoying it.
    I might risk it then.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7915
    I started cyberpunk, but got to the listening/scanning section (where you find the hidden whatsit in the dead guy room) and got very bored. Then gave the game away to my nephew. 

I started another playthrough of TLOU2 with the £10 PS5 upgrade.  Doesn’t really add much, graphics are a. It nicer, but otherwise the same game. It’s quite short, so should get through it in a few days, the back to finish Ghost of Tsushima. 

Ghost OT is a fabulous game. Its better than Days Gone, which is a hell of a complement. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    TheMarlin said:
    I started cyberpunk, but got to the listening/scanning section (where you find the hidden whatsit in the dead guy room) and got very bored. Then gave the game away to my nephew. 

I started another playthrough of TLOU2 with the £10 PS5 upgrade.  Doesn’t really add much, graphics are a. It nicer, but otherwise the same game. It’s quite short, so should get through it in a few days, the back to finish Ghost of Tsushima. 

Ghost OT is a fabulous game. It's better than Days Gone, which is a hell of a complement. 
    TLOU2, short?!? I played it for about 3 hours and only just got past the intro haha. 
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Started another Elden Ring play through - in preparation of the DLC dropping this year.

Fantastic game - got through Margit and looking forward to getting onto the next boss.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11896
    Elwood said:
    Started another Elden Ring play through - in preparation of the DLC dropping this year.

Fantastic game - got through Margit and looking forward to getting onto the next boss.
    I need to finish that, I only just made it through up the lift....I got myself very OP too from farming and grinding (killed Margit 1st attempt, 5 hits) but since I am so bad I still struggle with fights and die often.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Elwood said:

I need to finish that, I only just made it through up the lift....I got myself very OP too from farming and grinding (killed Margit 1st attempt, 5 hits) but since I am so bad I still struggle with fights and die often.

I do like the variety in the game - so many builds with summons and different things to help with the difficult sections. I was Dex/Int first play through & going to try a strength build with massive sword this time.

Well worth sticking with/1
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28636
    I'm redoing The Talos Principle, then Road to Gehenna, in preparation for The Talos Principle 2.

Interesting taking a third run through; I don't really remember the puzzles, but I have found some odd ways to solve them. RTG, as I recall, requires loads of "wrong" approaches. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11896
    Elwood said:
    Elwood said:

I do like the variety in the game - so many builds with summons and different things to help with the difficult sections. I was Dex/Int first play through & going to try a strength build with massive sword this time.

I went for intelligence/magic build with a huge health pool (it goes half way across the screen).  Thr problem is I haven't played it for so long I have lost the rhythm of it. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7366
    I'm on the free trial of Nintendo Online. I think anything pre SNES is unplayable for me, but I'm enjoying Donkey Kong Country for the 50th time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    I'm on the free trial of Nintendo Online. I think anything pre SNES is unplayable for me, but I'm enjoying Donkey Kong Country for the 50th time.
    Mighty Bomb Jack
    Exciteabike
    Punch Out
    Balloon Fight

All decent games
  • Elwood said:
    Elwood said:

I went for intelligence/magic build with a huge health pool (it goes half way across the screen).  Thr problem is I haven't played it for so long I have lost the rhythm of it. 

That's basically my experience of elden ring - and possibly open world games in general - whereas dark souls/bloodborne never get boring despite linearity. 

I want to give elden ring another go but I can't be bothered to get through the first... I don't know, 30 hours? Again! 

Ladyprettydamned has been using the ps5 extensively playing sims4. Last night I bought her a pet pack for it. I've never really "got" sims but she's absolutely loving it - any fans here? 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7539
    nero1701 said:
    Late to the game..

I'd bought Zelda BOTW 3-4 years ago and just didn't get on with it, how wrong I was. It’s so much fun, I'm reall enjoying the story and the baddies are just at the right level!

Similarly I got it a year or 2 ago and didn’t get on with it at first (well, until this week!) - when I HAD played it occasionally it seems I’d not understood the first ‘mission’ To find the shrines - I thought they were those massive towers in the distance which (it turns out) you can’t get to at that point in the game. Doh. No wonder I found it frustrating. 

I’ve now only just been given the glider thing. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • PennPenn Frets: 627
    Tried SimAirport, don’t know why I wasted the money. Don’t bother! 
  • I'm playing the tomb raider remastered trilogy with ladyprettydamned tonight. So far it's great! We loved the (frustrating) originals, this is really bringing back some memories.

Only 1 out of 3 secrets on the first level.