General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28781
    edited January 20
    I finished Far Cry 6 - main story and side missions, nit all tge stamp collecting.

Much better than 5 or New Dawn. If you like that sort of thing it's worth a go on Gamepass or on sale. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 178
    I've just picked up 6 on Game Pass. I do like the Far Cry games but find they get repetitive quickly so with this one I'm just smashing the story and side missions before starting cyberpunk
    I am now replaying Horizon Zero Dawn. Still looks good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27305
    I enjoyed FC6. Not as much as 3 & 4 but way more than 5. I suspect the same formula can never feel as good as 3/4 simply through familiarity. It's similar for the AC games - 2 was astounding at the time so you have to make a really great game to eclipse the memories of that one, and they've only managed to match it a couple of times since. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I don't disagree that they're samey, but sometimes that's what I want.

6 seemed a bit less heavy on the "but I wouldn't do that" factor in cut scenes. 5 was probably worst for that. Also while I stuck with the first Supremo throughout, I liked that 6 had more silly weapons.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27305
    Sporky said:
    I don't disagree that they're samey, but sometimes that's what I want.

6 seemed a bit less heavy on the "but I wouldn't do that" factor in cut scenes. 5 was probably worst for that. Also while I stuck with the first Supremo throughout, I liked that 6 had more silly weapons.
    That's fair. I still played Super Mario World every few years at least. 

The worst thing about 5 was the constant being kidnapped and forced to do an annoying escape, ending up on the other side of the map. I don't mind that once or twice in a game like that but it happened enough times that I gave up and never finished the game
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yup - I once got kidnapped while midair in a helicopter.

New Dawn had stupid bullet-sponge bosses. The second-to-last battle was awful - really badly judged. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17699
    tFB Trader
    I'm about halfway through FFXVI

It's more like Game of Thrones themed Devil May Cry than FF really.

I'm enjoying it, but my hands are getting sore from button mashing!
  • westfordwestford Frets: 594
    I've gone back to playing Far Cry 6 in the hope that I'll finish it before they remove it from PS Plus. Just done the 5 and half step plan to realign my chakras or whatever. Feeding the pelicans was nice but now I can never stop killing... C'est la vie.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3124
    I haven't played a Far Cry game since the first one, and I don't even think that I played that one much.  I have a few of them - they've been given out as free game of the month, and keep meaning to try one.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2619
    tFB Trader
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    looks like pure shite knockoff shovelware to get a quick buck from kids that don't know any better
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    I've been addicted to Risk of Rain 2 for the last 2 weeks. Brilliant game, and the ultimate 'one more run' game.

Still don't really know what's going on, but I'm enjoying it immensely!
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1006
    am really sad that the original crew game is going to be shut down forever april 1st.

one of my fav driving games i have to say along with the tdu series.

i don't like 2 or motorsport nearly as much.

always online games are a terrible idea.

they were even going to add an offline mode but didn't. 

as shown you are renting the game not owning it and they can shut it down any time they like.

go to hell ubisoft!

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4189
    am really sad that the original crew game is going to be shut down forever april 1st.

one of my fav driving games i have to say along with the tdu series.

i don't like 2 or motorsport nearly as much.

always online games are a terrible idea.

they were even going to add an offline mode but didn't. 

as shown you are renting the game not owning it and they can shut it down any time they like.

go to hell ubisoft!

Apparently someone's started a class-action against them for killing the offline single-player as part of this too. 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1490
    Late to the game..

I'd bought Zelda BOTW 3-4 years ago and just didn't get on with it, how wrong I was. Its so much fun, I'm reall enjoying the story and the baddies are just at the right level!

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10305
    nero1701 said:
    Late to the game..

I'd bought Zelda BOTW 3-4 years ago and just didn't get on with it, how wrong I was. Its so much fun, I'm reall enjoying the story and the baddies are just at the right level!

Yea I enjoyed it a lot. I also liked TOTK but it did feel very similar in lots of ways to BOTW. Of course it was also very different with the building and different areas but like with most big, open world games, by the time I've finished it I'm often glad to be moving on, so if the sequel is a bit too familiar I can get a bit bored. 
  • Has anyone played Hogwarts Legacy? I'm strangely attracted to it and it can be had for around £20 on PC so I'm considering.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3124
    Has anyone played Hogwarts Legacy? I'm strangely attracted to it and it can be had for around £20 on PC so I'm considering.

We got given it for the PS5 for Christmas, haven't even removed it from the plastic wrapping yet, though we have Googled it and watched a few YouTube reviews and gameplay videos on it.  It's gotten very good reviews from what we've seen.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2619
    edited January 24 tFB Trader
    bbill335 said:
    looks like pure shite knockoff shovelware to get a quick buck from kids that don't know any better
    Well im asking on here cos I have seen a lot of different things about this game. Everything from its amazing to its a scam (but actually most being quite positive).. They are saying it sold 5 million on its first weekend and had 1 million online... 

Also its not quite what that trailer shows. Its less pokemon and more base building and survival but with the added pokemon style gameplay bits which is basically more violent pokemon type play.