General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11892
    I've gone a bit retro handheld mad and ordered a Funnyplaying GBC kit, and also another Anbernic device, this time the RG35XXH (who name these things? lol).  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3292
    I've gone a bit retro handheld mad and ordered a Funnyplaying GBC kit, and also another Anbernic device, this time the RG35XXH (who name these things? lol).  
    Literally have been working which colour combo I want with my FP GBC and then I'll be ordering..... So many options.
    edited April 1
    Literally have been working which colour combo I want with my FP GBC and then I'll be ordering..... So many options.
    You have my sympathies lol I want to play with the SNES colour scheme.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @RaymondLin are you getting all those buttons :lol: 

I'm thinking of a transparent case with different colour pads to buttons.

I'm gonna decide now and order today.
    @RaymondLin are you getting all those buttons :lol: 

I'm thinking of a transparent case with different colour pads to buttons.

I'm gonna decide now and order today.
    I am indeed!

When I ordered they didn't have the classic button combo (or the white buttons to make an all white console), otherwise I would have gone for that too.  But ultimately I wanted to go for a SNES colour combo and can't decide in my head which way it would look best so I got most of them lol

I saw a video where someone got a transparent black one with black buttons which I must also admit looks really good.  If I get another one I would go for that colour.
    edited April 1
    Damn, the classic Grey and button combo now in stock!

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4156
    Helldivers II is great fun. The mechanic’s simple, and I’m sure it’ll get repetitive, but it’s also not a AAA £60 game. 
    No it's better! I can't think of many triple A shooters that are as fun, as fresh and have as much replayability as this. Soloing a Helldiver difficulty mission will take me an age to do. 
    You might well be right, I’ve only played up to Medium missions so far and they’re challenging enough on my own! I’m just at lvl6 so far, a long way to go before I dare risk a Helldiver one :mrgreen:
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    edited April 1
    Helldivers II is great fun. The mechanic’s simple, and I’m sure it’ll get repetitive, but it’s also not a AAA £60 game. 
    No it's better! I can't think of many triple A shooters that are as fun, as fresh and have as much replayability as this. Soloing a Helldiver difficulty mission will take me an age to do. 
    You might well be right, I’ve only played up to Medium missions so far and they’re challenging enough on my own! I’m just at lvl6 so far, a long way to go before I dare risk a Helldiver one mrgreen
    I'm level 20 doing hard missions. The only problem I have is connectivity issues, but when I'm playing at that level, which in reality is still quite low, you have to know when to attack/engage and when to stealth. Firstly you need armour penetrating weapons like the Breaker and Anti Material Rifle for the enemies, especially the Automatons, but you can easily solo the whole thing just by stealthing past the patrols, sending an orbital down to deal with the bases and completing the objectives. The extraction is tricky but you just need to ensure you save an orbital and a sentry and you should be okay.

I've been doing this with random groups so if anyone wants to play I'd be up for that. :) 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4156
    Happy to join a game with you/others anytime I’m free (usually >8pm). My psn ID is guitargeek62 - inventive, eh? :mrgreen: 
    edited April 2

edit - bah! it appears I have killed the mobo, not only I snapped off the power button, it doesn't boot....although when I plug in power the PCB lights up.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7914
    Anyone know if PS5 controller drift is repairable 
    TheMarlin said:
    Anyone know if PS5 controller drift is repairable 
    Plenty of YT vids on it so I would say yes.
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 173
    You have my sympathies lol I want to play with the SNES colour scheme.

What are these things? Do they require old GBC cartridge games or is the tech built in? I keep seeing ads for these GB style handheld consoles that have tons of game sin them but am reluctant unless I can find a reliable seller
    It's a 3rd party made GameBoy Colour that takes real Gameboy games (GB and GBC games)
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7361
    FFVII Rebirth... I never finished Remake because I couldn't do the last multiverse shit type thing and refused to put it on easy like my wife told me to. Was there an explanation for why in Rebirth I haven't got any of my materia etc from Remake? I really expected there to be a load save data option to carry it on through, otherwise it doesn't feel like 1 big game that's had to be split up because of size.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited April 3
    BF2042 seems alot harder than the older games - that or my aim has gone! I switched over to playing the support role last night going around reviving and resupplying which I seemed better suited to than Assault class.

Question for the Helldivers 2 players..... Is it really as good as it looks?! Ive watched videos on youtube raving about it and it does look great from what I've seen, on the fence about buying but doubtful about longetitvty of game once the initial hype dies down.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    Diablo for will be a bit of a slog if you've played it for the story. I've played Diablo 2 and 3 extensively and I couldn't even tell you what the story was! It's strengths are in the gear, the seasons, the rifts, the leaderboards. It's a game that you play to grind to get the best gear. The story is really irrelevant. 

I've not really bothered to play 4 even though I preordered it. 
    The scaling felt like nothing ever changed though. I just felt the same power level throughout. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Diablo for will be a bit of a slog if you've played it for the story. I've played Diablo 2 and 3 extensively and I couldn't even tell you what the story was! It's strengths are in the gear, the seasons, the rifts, the leaderboards. It's a game that you play to grind to get the best gear. The story is really irrelevant. 

I've not really bothered to play 4 even though I preordered it. 
    The scaling felt like nothing ever changed though. I just felt the same power level throughout. 
    It's a bag of shit isn't it. I'd play Diablo 3 to the early hours of the morning it was so addictive, but 4 is just a chore.
    Can someone give me 2 frets please so that me and @PolarityMan can both have 7275 frets and an August 2013 join date?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haha PolarityMan got another one from another thread before I could see it. One day.