General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3263
    Sporky said:
    Why has that giraffe got a starship enterprise on it's head? 

Because it can, and will show off it's balancing skills whenever it can.  Do you have any ide how much neck exercise the poor bugger had to do to build up enough muscle to do that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Been playing nothing but Elden Ring in the past week.  Really like it so far but I think my brute force magic tactic needs to shift up a gear soo I think in my tactic which currently is just "hit them with magic before they realise and hope they will die before they can get close".  
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29131
    Sporky said:
    So you can poke it with a spear with a bit of an evil robot scorpion stuck to it to get maps.

Obviously.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Been playing nothing but Elden Ring in the past week.  Really like it so far but I think my brute force magic tactic needs to shift up a gear soo I think in my tactic which currently is just "hit them with magic before they realise and hope they will die before they can get close".  

Main thing is learning attack patterns, as there are no bosses you'll truly one-hit as far as I know. 

So understanding attacks, timing, dodges and then casting in the opening will bring success. 

It's such a beautiful game. I want to do a strength build next, get my sword n board play out, I think that might be a bit easier than being dex with a pokey stick. 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1057
    @ThePrettyDamned Trust me, strength build is not easier. Late game is an absolute prick as a strength build player. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7363
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    So you can poke it with a spear with a bit of an evil robot scorpion stuck to it to get maps.

Obviously.
    That is a great way to get maps.....(yeets smarphone off cliff)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Horizon Forbidden West is huge, it's taken me over 5 hours of game play, and cut scenes, just to get to the first settlement where you first encounter merchants and have a mission to upgrade your bow.
    I'm at 65 hours and have uncovered maybe half the map, but nowhere near half the things on the map.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    I'm at 65 hours and have uncovered maybe half the map, but nowhere near half the things on the map.
    I platiniumed Horizon Zero Dawn, without using any guides or walk throughs, in under 35 hours, did absolutely everything you could possibly do in the game, even gold medaling all of the hunter challenges, collecting all collectables, and scanning every single variety of machine,
    Yeah, but I'm easily distracted and quite forgetful.

Also I'm really enjoying it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    I found that it was horizon that bricked my PS5 and not GT7, so I've not dared play it since I reset. I'd just spent the best part of an hour taking down one of those massive desert turtle things, can't even remember where I am in the story.
    Sporky said:
    Yeah, but I'm easily distracted and quite forgetful.

Also I'm really enjoying it. 

So am I.  I explore and do absolutely everything, but when you only get periodic short spells to game, having to find a fire place to save is not my favourite feature.
    I just pause it and leave the PlayStation in rest mode
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:

Between studying, practicing, clearing out a self storage unit, and renovating the house, I'm lucky if I manage to get an hour of gaming in a week.  That solution won't work for me unfortunately.
    I got a new graphics card coming today or tomorrow :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    DefaultM said:

Between studying, practicing, clearing out a self storage unit, and renovating the house, I'm lucky if I manage to get an hour of gaming in a week.  That solution won't work for me unfortunately.
    I think rest mode uses barely any power, so if you're only getting an hour a week I'd be using it just because then everything downloads in the background. So your 1 hour isn't taken up by updates.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    Whaddya get? I'm holding off until next year. Good to see prices coming down at last. 

Whaddya get? I'm holding off until next year. Good to see prices coming down at last. 
    RTX 3050...considering im coming from a 750 Ti its a sizeable upgrade and im doing some video stuff at the moment that keeps crashing when i run out of VRAM so needs must.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Just done with Godrick at Elden Ring. First try, he lasted may be 30 seconds.  I find some of the open world foot soldiers more difficult to deal with because they dodge and block with shield.  Godrick just takes the damage head on which made it super easy.
  • Just done with Godrick at Elden Ring. First try, he lasted may be 30 seconds.  I find some of the open world foot soldiers more difficult to deal with because they dodge and block with shield.  Godrick just takes the damage head on which made it super easy.

It sounds like you're a bit over-levelled, but I suspect future bosses will stretch that as the bosses become more complex. 

I'm still early game apparently, don't get to play much - I'm a couple of bosses ahead of you - you'll walk all over those ones I think as well.

Still haven't got a brilliant dex scaling build - I'm currently using Rogiers Rapier, which is basically a slightly better magic rapier, but might go back to dual wield claws - that was super fun.