General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Probably a good thing because playing that right after Elden Ring May feel a bit samey in some ways. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just my luck, pre launch I could buy a PS5 no problems, I could easily get one from several places as much as 3 weeks before launch.  Now that I want to buy one, can I find a PS5 with a disc drive anywhere, no, the digital version yes, but not the one with the optical drive. 

And to make matters worse, I recieved this email the other day: 
    What about ‘winning’ one?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    I've nearly finished Pathfinder: Kingmaker after 140 hours. Just the final area to go... What an absolute joy it's been. It has it's problems, but it's exactly what I wanted from the experience. I'll be sorry when it's over (but keen to play the sequel).
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    Just my luck, pre launch I could buy a PS5 no problems, I could easily get one from several places as much as 3 weeks before launch.  Now that I want to buy one, can I find a PS5 with a disc drive anywhere, no, the digital version yes, but not the one with the optical drive. 

Believe me I've been not only keeping an eye out at the usual apps and websites I use, but also actively looking for places where you can.  Haven't found one yet, tonnes of Google Play vouchers, I'm sick to death of winning electric, double edge, cartridge, and cut throat razors - I've won hundreds especially the Muhle stuff and I haven't shaved in years, not to mentions tablets, laptops, Chromebooks, shoes and alcohol.

Believe me I've been not only keeping an eye out at the usual apps and websites I use, but also actively looking for places where you can.  Haven't found one yet, tonnes of Google Play vouchers, I'm sick to death of winning electric, double edge, cartridge, and cut throat razors - I've won hundreds especially the Muhle stuff and I haven't shaved in years, not to mentions tablets, laptops, Chromebooks, shoes and alcohol.
    Have you considered mining bitcoin or taking over the world with all these laptops?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There’s meant to be stock in next week at a few places, Game, Very, AO and Shop to.

I use the stock checker discord and their Twitter feed with notifications so I get alerted straight away.
    You have to be able to click within about 30 seconds of an alert and have multiple devices ready to go in case some of the checkouts fail.

Working from home with multiple monitors in use helps.

I have been able to get 4 for friends this way in the last 3 weeks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Starting to get very tired of Elden Ring, and I'm still only in the first 'area'. Level 29 at the moment, but just getting tired of dying, repeating etc.
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1057
    @FarleyUK Go explore more of the map. You can actually pretty much get to all of the map from the very start. You will be underlevelled for lots of it but you'll open up more grace points and hopefully find some more churches with sacred tears in to up your healing flask a bit. 

Mark an interesting looking area on the map and Go explore. You'll find more caves just from wondering about and hopefully that means more smithing stones to up your weapon strength. 

Also don't be ashamed to level vigor up a lot. I usually only level that stat to 20 on all the other Souls games but I levelled to 40 on Elden Ring and late game bosses were still two shotting me. 

Oh, and if you're finding a boss or area too difficult just mark it on the map, leave and then go back later and destroy them when you're stronger. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    There’s meant to be stock in next week at a few places, Game, Very, AO and Shop to.

I use the stock checker discord and their Twitter feed with notifications so I get alerted straight away.
    You have to be able to click within about 30 seconds of an alert and have multiple devices ready to go in case some of the checkouts fail.

Working from home with multiple monitors in use helps.

I have been able to get 4 for friends this way in the last 3 weeks.

I actually came across the digital version of the PS5 earlier today - Friday, for sale in a few places, but it the optical drive version I want, so I'm goig to hold out for one of them.  Funnily enough the new Xbox, both versins, and the new OLED Switch is easy enough to get.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    I "started" Elden Ring, currently still farming to level up.

Intelligence is probably high enough but I think i've turned myself into a poster boy as a Glass Cannon.

• I "started" Elden Ring, currently still farming to level up.

Intelligence is probably high enough but I think i've turned myself into a poster boy as a Glass Cannon.

How far are you? I'm level 43, had it since launch but not had loads of time to play. I'm at the raya lucaria academy (that's not a massive spoiler, for what it's worth!).

Amazing game. I still think I prefer bloodborne for it's emphasis on combat, but this is (for me) dark souls-better. 
    edited April 2022
    I "started" Elden Ring, currently still farming to level up.

How far are you? I'm level 43, had it since launch but not had loads of time to play. I'm at the raya lucaria academy (that's not a massive spoiler, for what it's worth!).

Amazing game. I still think I prefer bloodborne for it's emphasis on combat, but this is (for me) dark souls-better. 
    I’ve not made any progress in the game.  Like I’m still in Limegrove, but I know of a warp to a farming area.

i am your typical glass cannon at the moment.  That golden knight at the start killed me with 2 hits but I can kill it with 4.
    How can you be farming enough quickly enough to get enough runes? I’m quite a few bosses down the line now, have done lots of optionals, and I can farm 20k quite quickly but in Limgrave it would take ages. 
    How can you be farming enough quickly enough to get enough runes? I’m quite a few bosses down the line now, have done lots of optionals, and I can farm 20k quite quickly but in Limgrave it would take ages. 
    im not in Limegrove, there is a teleport to top right of the map, I’m at that area to farm but really story wise I’m still in Limegrove.
    edited April 2022
    Aha I see. 

And why are you grinding so much? You can definitely start to move into other areas. 
    Aha I see. 

And why are you grinding so much? You can definitely start to move into other areas. 
    I basically want to make the game easier for myself.
    Gotcha. ;)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    At this point this is all I'm hearing in this thread these days!! 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Is it me, or does Zelda Breath of The Wild suck?

Too bitty, endless weapon chasing.. They seem to have crammed too many random things from the franchise in.  Just can’t seem get into it after hours of playing.

Heresy?