General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Watched a gt7 stream the other day, looks like a step back from gt2 in terms of progressing through a game. 

I watched another video about a game called wobbledogs. It looks hilarious. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    Apparently the last GT7 update also nerfed the prize money for the events that players were grinding with. And you can't play at all if the servers aren't working. 

I was on the fence but I'm SOOO out. 

In other news, Mario 3D World is still an underrated gem of a game. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    When servers are down you can play on any track with any car, and it counted it towards my daily distance when it came back on.
    Not sure about the credits grinding, but I'm getting close to 100k credits a race if I come first and don't crash. I've bought 3 cars as well and still have 2.5m credits.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    I love it. I've just been doing sections of tracks, barely done a lot of the actual game. 
    The career is a bit odd for me. It's all about collecting cars and learning about their history, whereas I'd prefer a WWF Smackdown/UFC style. You start at the bottom and gain fame until you're world champion.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    The play station is getting a lot of updates recently
    Yeah I don't bother to read what any of them do, but it makes me feel like I'm on the cutting edge of technology so I do them asap.
    Quite interesting actually. A thing to suggest which trophy you should go for next, and voice command so you can tell it to open games for you. 
    Pin games to the home screen is of no interest to me because I only ever play 1 game at a time so it's always first on screen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Saw I had a 20% off games on eBay voucher, managed to get Ratchet and Clank a Rift in Time for £24.40. That was the last one, but there are other games if it helps anyone.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    DefaultM said:
    Saw I had a 20% off games on eBay voucher, managed to get Ratchet and Clank a Rift in Time for £24.40. That was the last one, but there are other games if it helps anyone.

Just my luck, fancied a go on the Play Station last night, but was put off by the update, and now ebay has 20% off games
  • I didn't bother with gt7 in the end, it looked very... Grindy and rpg-ish with micro transactions that have no place being there (whether needed or not). 

I did get Wobbledogs though. I can massively recommend it if you want to sit with your partner or kids and play something completely bonkers and surreal. 

edited March 2022
    Just heard there's meant to be a big update coming out that makes it so you can sell cars, you get more credits from races and other things.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    And a free million credits!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    Did anyone get into Dead Cells?

It's kind of a Souls like as a platformer. It's very good, but bloody hard for someone as crap at games as me.
    DefaultM said:
    Just heard there's meant to be a big update coming out that makes it so you can sell cars, you get more credits from races and other things.
    Yeah, confirmed by Kaz

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-future-updates-detailed-20220325/

I spent half of my free credits on a Nissan gtr 13 and tyres, and I still can't come first in the last tournament of the career. 
    Sometimes I'll get it in my head that I'm braking too hard around corners and I could do them faster, then that's an entire race that needs redoing.
    Ratchet and Clank Rift in Time is maybe the nicest looking ps5 game I've seen so far.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146

It's kind of a Souls like as a platformer. It's very good, but bloody hard for someone as crap at games as me.
    I did to a point, then I felt it was all a bit of a punishment game that I wasn't much enjoying. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:

I did to a point, then I felt it was all a bit of a punishment game that I wasn't much enjoying. 

This is the worry I have with the success of elden ring - triple A developers might think we like really hard, punishing games and miss the whole point of why soulsborne games are good, and just make games that are hard instead of allowing stat grinding until you can walk all over it. 

They're bloody fun, they're challenging without being unfair and they always have incredible stories in amazing worlds, told in a beautiful way that doesn't treat the player like an idiot. Not many other modern games tick those boxes... 
    Sporky said:

This is the worry I have with the success of elden ring - triple A developers might think we like really hard, punishing games and miss the whole point of why soulsborne games are good, and just make games that are hard instead of allowing stat grinding until you can walk all over it. 

They're bloody fun, they're challenging without being unfair and they always have incredible stories in amazing worlds, told in a beautiful way that doesn't treat the player like an idiot. Not many other modern games tick those boxes... 
    The next 5-8 years of open world games are going to be inspired almost entirely by BOTW and Elden Ring, so I assume extreme difficulty and a glider. But probably not that much fun