General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    I really like the idea of GT but if you can't sell cars, and there's no B-spec, does this mean you actually have to play the game to get the best cars?! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    I really like the idea of GT but if you can't sell cars, and there's no B-spec, does this mean you actually have to play the game to get the best cars?! 
    Or Micro transactions and buy in-game credit to buy cars.
    Urgh. Really?? 

Unsurprising these days, but Urgh. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389
    Just play a few races and you'll amass credits. I've got 800K now. You get good cars from licences etc. You do need to be a bit more careful with your purchases, but at the latter parts of the game you still get a fair amount of credits for the races. 
  • @ThePrettyDamned theres a point where you can actually respec your character. I did just that yesterday cos I was finding my usual way of playing was just not working out. 
    I may do that. Not found it yet, but we'll see where I land. Working through Castle stormveil now, but just got told I could summon a wolf in the forest... So maybe I'll try that first. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7430
    I don't think the micro transactions are necessary to have a good time in GT7. Its £2 for 100k but you can get that quite easily in the game, and you get given enough cars for free that I just spend it tuning them. I've not felt the need to buy a 1m credit car or anything.
    I'm probably really shit at the game but it's very fun.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    Anyone buying GTA V again on this generation of consoles?
    It's not going to be free but it is discounted for the first 3 months.

I bought it on PS3 and PS4 previously. It's £8.75 on PS5

It's like buying the same movie on VHS, then DVD and now Blu Ray!

Yea I'm getting it. I didn't complete it so I think this time I will if I ever finish the games I bought recently!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29171
    At that price I just might.

First time I played it, at the first opportunity I stole a BMX and went for a really long bike ride. It was ace until a mountain lion killed me. That put a downer on things, but Lady BMcH laughed and laughed. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I got a 3 star roulette card in GT7 and it gave me a grade 3 Hyundai Genesis, 730pp. Best I've had.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    Not so micro anymore! 

DefaultM said:
    I got a 3 star roulette card in GT7 and it gave me a grade 3 Hyundai Genesis, 730pp. Best I've had.
    ah man I entered the grade 3 race with 2 peppers on it, 730pp is the most power you're allowed and I still got trounced. Can't seem to get higher than 5th.
    Barnezy said:
    Not so micro anymore! 

So basically as a person with a full time job I have no chance unless I want to spend extra?
    edited March 2022
    Barnezy said:
    Not so micro anymore! 

So basically as a person with a full time job I have no chance unless I want to spend extra?

You'll just have to play the game and earn the credits I guess. lol 

The higher end races gives hundreds of thousands of credits. 

That game Star Citizen has this system where you can pay hundreds of pounds for particular space craft. I don't know how necessary it is in that game but it seems mad to me. (Says the guy who bought a £300 wheel and then a stand and gear stick). 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    Barnezy said:
    Not so micro anymore! 

I was vaguely interested in GT7 but microtransactions, particularly at this level, make it a hard pass for me.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    RedRabbit said:
    Barnezy said:
    Not so micro anymore! 

I was vaguely interested in GT7 but microtransactions, particularly at this level, make it a hard pass for me.  
    Why do you need to buy them? Just do the races. It's a shortcut for people who are lazy or for those who want to race on a more professional level quickly.

There are plenty of races with 100k credits early on so I really don't know why anyone even needs to acknowledge microtransactions in this game because they're not a necessity in any way at all. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    RedRabbit said:
    Barnezy said:
    Not so micro anymore! 

Why do you need to buy them? Just do the races. It's a shortcut for people who are lazy or for those who want to race on a more professional level quickly.

There are plenty of races with 100k credits early on so I really don't know why anyone even needs to acknowledge microtransactions in this game because they're not a necessity in any way at all. 
    Clearly you don't need to buy them (and I certainly wouldn't) but I refuse to pay £70 for a game that then tries to get you to pay more and, essentially, has a pay-to-win mechanic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @RedRabbit I agree. My issue is less the inclusion of MTs, but more the simultaneous removal of selling cars in-game, so you can't even optimise your grinding to maximise cash. That just feels cynical. 

I will probably still get it, but not at full price. Though it's interesting, as our local amazon already has it a few pennies under £50. Once it's sub-40 I'll think about having a look

edited March 2022
    It really doesn't feel pay to win to me. You get so many cars in this game just for doing basic stuff. I think the system is fine and actually makes you play the game, and actually race. The cars you buy feel earned. Microtransactions are shitty but I can't see myself using them and when I do finally play online I'll probably have practiced the tracks with the one or t actually going to use. 

Personally I think it's the best racing game I've ever played. 

What would be cool is if we have a few of us playing we could do track challenges. Post times etc. :)
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1885
    wibble said:
    Anyone buying GTA V again on this generation of consoles?
    It's not going to be free but it is discounted for the first 3 months.

I bought it on PS3 and PS4 previously. It's £8.75 on PS5

It's like buying the same movie on VHS, then DVD and now Blu Ray!

That's temptingly cheap. I wasn't going to bother as I rarely get time to play properly these days, but at that price, I'm in!
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.