• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Is it me

Heresy?

Yes. 

And. 

Yes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27694
    Is it me, or does Zelda Breath of The Wild suck?

Too bitty, endless weapon chasing.. They seem to have crammed too many random things from the franchise in.  Just can’t seem get into it after hours of playing.

Heresy?

Nah, it's you. Takes most people a few hours (including me) but it grabs most of us in the end. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050

Too bitty, endless weapon chasing.. They seem to have crammed too many random things from the franchise in.  Just can’t seem get into it after hours of playing.

Heresy?

The weapons is stressful until you get the Master Sword but it's not a big issue really.  There are a million ways to kill things in the game due to the in game physics engine. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    So much blasphemy. I am shook. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    edited April 2022

Heresy?

It’s you. BOTW is the kind of game you bask in. Given all its beauty, I recommend you take your time with it and enjoy every moment. I completed the main missions years ago and just booted it back up again. I still have a load to do but I quite like roaming around and exploring the never ending splendour. It’s simply stunning.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader

Heresy?

It's has the highest Metacritic score of any current gen game so I think it's probably you. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    I think I have broken the start of Elden Ring with my farming.  Killed Margit in 4 or 5 shot.  lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I have broken the start of Elden Ring with my farming.  Killed Margit in 4 or 5 shot.  lol

I think the best way to play for you now is a full lore run - read everything and explore everything.

I'm a few runs from being good enough for that, but it's one of the best things about this type of game. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3263
    So I bit the bullet today and bought a copy of Horizon Forbidden West, the PS4 version with the free upfate to the PS5 version, bugger me is it a big game, two bloody discs.  The first disc is the ''Data Disc'', and the second is the ''Play Disc'', only they don't really work like that, the Data Disc contains less than 50% of the installation data, and the Play Disc has the other half, and by Chritst does it not take ages to install.  It took that long to install, that by the time it was ready to play, I don't have any time to give it a try before the women I'm sort of seeing comes round.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    So I bit the bullet today and bought a copy of Horizon Forbidden West, the PS4 version with the free upfate to the PS5 version, bugger me is it a big game, two bloody discs.  The first disc is the ''Data Disc'', and the second is the ''Play Disc'', only they don't really work like that, the Data Disc contains less than 50% of the installation data, and the Play Disc has the other half, and by Chritst does it not take ages to install.  It took that long to install, that by the time it was ready to play, I don't have any time to give it a try before the women I'm sort of seeing comes round.

It's a very different kind of installation process when ladies are involved. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3263
    Got to say from what I've experienced of Horizon Forbidden West so far, I'm really impressed.  I haven't had much time to play, and I'm the kind of player who explores every nook and crany, so I think I'm still doing the turtorial, but so far I'm extremely impressed.  The machines AI is much much improved and smater, I thinkk I've killed 10 of them - well the only trophy I have is for stealth killing 10 and I haven't figured out if the game keeps a running tally yet , the world, it''s simply visually stunning, and huge.  The gameplay has been massively improved apon aswell, it doesn't feel anywhere near as clunky as Horizon Zero Dawn, but rather very smooth and fluid, comparing it to Horizon Zero Dawn, I'd say your character - I can never reember her name, moves as well during the turtorial as if not better than you do once you max everything out and are wearing the super old world suit that requires you to find 4 batteries and solve a few puzzles in an old world cavern ruin to acquire.  And environmet interaction has finally been added, you now can ineract a hell of a lot more with ruins from the old world, like prying open the boots of the ruined cars scattered around the world.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29131
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I'm really enjoying HFW. It doesn't do anything particularly new, and I don't think the story is quite as good as HZD (so far - I'm just about to get the third computer personality thingy) but it's a really satisfying gameplay loop and one which I'm liking. 

@Sporky I don't think I need a Lego tallneck but I will be there on day 1 for the BTTF Delorean. That one does look a bloody good kit, but my cats would eat all the pointy bits :( 

@Sporky I don't think I need a Lego tallneck
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but OK. ;) 

I am very much enjoying HFW. Aloy talks too much, the sound has to be forced to mono or half the voices disappear, and there's that standard "I'm trying to save the world, but yeah, I can spend two days finding your lost cat" thing, but so much of it is so good that none of that matters. 
    I was actually quite impressed that one of the first things they patched was making Aloy talk about her stash less. Seems the playtesters way underestimated how much us normies would pick shit up. Apparently they've just added an option to disable the "picking stuff up" animation for berries and wood etc. Sometimes it's the little things :) 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340

Heresy?

I loved it until I got to about 75% of the way through. At that point it felt a bit repetitive and I ended up grinding out the end. 
    It was a good game, I enjoyed most of it but I wouldn't say its heresy if you dont like it. I very nearly left it incomplete. 

I am very much like that with Gears of War/Halo/Destiny and a few other franchises. Its just the same endless repeated boring shite to me
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I was actually quite impressed that one of the first things they patched was making Aloy talk about her stash less. Seems the playtesters way underestimated how much us normies would pick shit up. Apparently they've just added an option to disable the "picking stuff up" animation for berries and wood etc. Sometimes it's the little things :) 
    It's not awful, but I'd like a "Disable Aloy spoilers" toggle to stop her explaining the puzzles to me as soon as I walk into a room. I'm OK at puzzles, and part of the joy is working out what the puzzle is, then working out the solution. She just goes straight into "I could use my blah blah blah to do something to that blah blah blah". Or "I should use my Focus". I KNOW BUT I AM LOOKING AT ALL THE SHINY AND ALL THE BLINKINLIGHTS!".

Also her hair is distractingly wiggly ALL THE TIME.

Still really enjoying it though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    Bidley said:
    Disco Elysium - one of the best and most unique games I've played in years.
    It's just a point and click... but what a story! And the characters! And the world building! All top notch.
    Sporky said:
    It's not awful, but I'd like a "Disable Aloy spoilers" toggle to stop her explaining the puzzles to me as soon as I walk into a room. I'm OK at puzzles, and part of the joy is working out what the puzzle is, then working out the solution. She just goes straight into "I could use my blah blah blah to do something to that blah blah blah". Or "I should use my Focus". I KNOW BUT I AM LOOKING AT ALL THE SHINY AND ALL THE BLINKINLIGHTS!".

Also her hair is distractingly wiggly ALL THE TIME.

Still really enjoying it though.
    It wouldn't surprise me if that was on the way. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7363
    Sporky said:
    Why has that giraffe got a starship enterprise on it's head? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom