General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Abzu - free on PlayStation Stay at Home.
    It's sometimes beautiful and constantly surprising.
    I have no idea what's going on or what I'm supposed to be doing.
    It's quite the metaphor for life thinking about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fenyx Rising has been patched so the DLC now works. About bloody time.
    1st DLC I haven't tried but apparently is just a series of challenges.
    2nd is basically reskin using Chinese mythology. Essentially more of the same but I'm happy with that as I loved the base game.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17856
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    There is a rumour that CDPR are going to just cut their losses with it and move on - so don't expect a massive fix or improvement for it.

I think it's more that they've canceled the proposed cyberpunk MMO follow up rather than not fixing the bugs in the current game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3732
    edited April 2021
    So is cyberpunk worth getting now it is patched?

Xbox one or ps4? 
    That's a tricky question. It was never as it was sold to be and probably never will be. I pre-ordered it for my sins but didn't get a refund as I was sure they would fix it.
    I did play it a lot but stopped when I got the PS5. I do plan to go back to it so must have enjoyed it.
    Ultimately how much does it cost now? I certainly wouldn't pay over £40.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12029
    edited April 2021
    So is cyberpunk worth getting now it is patched?

Xbox one or ps4? 
    Given the 2 choices, PS4.  It just runs better.  I have played over 120hr on it before patch 1.1, it did crash but I didn’t really notice the loading problems people talk about.  The only time I would see that kind of stuff is when I arrive at a place quickly, like if I drive full pelt at a place and stop and walk up to the person or door. Then you will see the texture, door and even people load in front of you.  It’s merely the system catching up.  Once you are there, it’s fine.  If you walk everywhere, you will hardly notice it.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited April 2021
    The Digital Foundry YouTube channel suggests the XBox One version is still not working enough to justify buying it. 11mins in on this video.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    edited April 2021
    I just got the Xbox Series X from this site - https://4gadgets.xboxallaccess.co.uk/

Delivered today. You can just pay off the deal. 

I have the PlayStation 5 and the Series X now. The games on the Xbox Games Pass are very good and the EA Pass scheme is excellent. PlayStation needs to catch up in that regard, although I prefer the PS exclusives and controller. 
    I've been playing Outriders and loving it. I think it might be my long term replacement for Destiny.
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla I'm struggling to warm to, apologies for the pun.
  • Completed bloodstained and was greeted by a game over screen.

Well played.

I'm not over half way through it and trying to work out how to actually complete it. What a fantastic game. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    I just got the Xbox Series X from this site - https://4gadgets.xboxallaccess.co.uk/

I have the PlayStation 5 and the Series X now. The games on the Xbox Games Pass are very good and the EA Pass scheme is excellent. PlayStation needs to catch up in that regard, although I prefer the PS exclusives and controller. 
    That is a really tempting proposition, though I'm a die-hard PS fan and can't justify both!

That is a really tempting proposition, though I'm a die-hard PS fan and can't justify both!
    You don't need to justify both. You want it you buy it!

The deal works out cheaper than getting the console and the ultimate game pass. It's got loads I just haven't played as I didn't have the last gen of Xbox. 
    Completed bloodstained and was greeted by a game over screen.

Well played.

I'm not over half way through it and trying to work out how to actually complete it. What a fantastic game. 
    Want a hint?
    @TeleMaster I'm thinking of getting an Xbox S to go with my PS5. I like the idea of the game pass as I use PS Now now and then. I don't mind losing the 4k as long as I can still get the 60 FPS.
  • ennspek said:

Well played.

Want a hint?

Nah, I'm doing alright. Figured out how one could use a shard to unlock a new part of the map.

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. 
    ennspek said:

Well played.

Want a hint?

Nah, I'm doing alright. Figured out how one could use a shard to unlock a new part of the map.

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. 
    It's bloody brilliant isn't it.
    ennspek said:
    @TeleMaster I'm thinking of getting an Xbox S to go with my PS5. I like the idea of the game pass as I use PS Now now and then. I don't mind losing the 4k as long as I can still get the 60 FPS.
    PS Now and Plus really aren't comparable. Game Pass just has so much more. 
    Yeah so I understand.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12029
    edited April 2021
    Picked up a Xbox Series X unexpectedly on Sunday.  I went to Cardiff to get a new case for my Strat and while it was there I popped into John Lewis to check if they have any PS5 but the lady said no but they had a Xbox Series S at the back of the stock room.  She came out with a Series X instead (much preferred) with a £25 off sticker on it due to a slight tear on the box.  Opened it and checked over everything still inside, unopened.

Total fluke and now I’m a Xbox owner again.  Got 3 years XBL via Brazil VPN and then convert to Gamepass for a total cost of £85.

Now....what cool games are people playing these days? Not sure where to start.  Not played anything since Cyberpunk.

oh the Fender case is quite nice too. Much prefer it over those old generic Tweed cases.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lucky! And good VPN trick too!

I’m playing the Gears 1 remake. Then I plan to play the remastered Halo games.