Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Advice Please Guys. Sellers Hell - My Experience

What's Hot

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9614
    tele69 said:
    I’m happy to call time on this now. My generally point was based on saying things were missing when they weren’t. How the fuck a certificate magically appears in a packing carton is beyond comprehension. I know exactly where I put that certificate... believe me. 
    Yet I still turned my place over in the 0.0001 chance I was wrong. Having to potentially pay for a new one is a fuck on and I factored that into the counter offer too.
    My interpretation of play wear is the total opposite of case queen in
    my head. It’s been described like it’s served in Vietnam. I buy guitars and use them but I’ll be sure in the future to identify every indentation and mark on any advert. Let’s hope it’s not a Gallagher Strat. Lesson learned. 

Being called a liar I put down to a reaction. I would hope that’s seriously reconsidered by the buyer as it’s ridiculous.... particularly in this situation  ... I’m not gonna go there with daft fucking name calling. I’m too ‘grown up’ for that Chris at least.
    im sure you’re a decent fella as people have stated 
    And to be honest ... good luck with that sale. All the best

Thanks for tuning in you lot. 

So, just to check @tele69 you don’t want the guitar back for a refund as the offer stands?
    12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Presumably minus £150 just in case there's any scratches on the guitar that you haven't declared before returning it to him?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Trig1989

So, what's wrong with it then, Dave?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• UH OH
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    Awkward.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thread closing on 3....2.....1 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 630
    This is why I gave up on ebay and won't sell anything online. Not worth it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    If it was me. I’d give the £150 back. Seeing as the alleged damage isn’t there and the certificate has turned up after an extensive search!... 

seems to be the right thing to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9614
    I don’t honestly know why Im bothering but I’ve found what the op originally sent. Not a single mention of anything other than the bare wood ding. Link to the picture of his reply.

The item has been withdrawn from sale as given the pitchfork posts on here, I don’t trust someone to not try and stitch me up frankly. I’ll end up trading it for about £700 at a loss with a store.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub4w04lk194c8z3/Photo%2027-02-2020%2C%2007%2010%2042.png?dl=0
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    edited February 2020
    The op stated “playing wear” he pointed out the bigger ding... you said you couldn’t see any wear in his photos, you’ve also said you can’t get the wear to show that well in your own pics!... You didn’t list any wear in your own eBay listing... then there’s the missing cert. ontop of this another member went into bat for you and to be fair the events sort of call his judgment into question...

not sure why you would chop it in for a “£700 loss” either... all sounds like buyers remorse!!!!!

no one has the pitchforks out either... just sad to see two musicians arguing over fuck all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    I don’t honestly know why Im bothering but I’ve found what the op originally sent. Not a single mention of anything other than the bare wood ding. Link to the picture of his reply.

The item has been withdrawn from sale as given the pitchfork posts on here, I don’t trust someone to not try and stitch me up frankly. I’ll end up trading it for about £700 at a loss with a store.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub4w04lk194c8z3/Photo%2027-02-2020%2C%2007%2010%2042.png?dl=0
    Ffs, you really don’t get it do you?

You keep going on about the OP not mentioning anything and called him a liar, yet you attempted to do the very same thing to someone else!

When called out on it, instead of admitting your mistake and apologising you continued to insist you described the guitar accurately despite numerous people posting proof you didn’t.

Absolutely unbelievable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011

For those (like me) who couldn't see the image. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7301
    TBF Chris has offered to return it to the OP for a full refund; bit of a lose-lose as it’s back to square one with both being out of pocket to couriers.  Does anyone have any proposals for resolution that would work out for all parties?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited February 2020
    Cols said:
    Does anyone have any proposals for resolution that would work out for all parties?

poopot said:
    If it was me. I’d give the £150 back. Seeing as the alleged damage isn’t there and the certificate has turned up after an extensive search!... 

This
    We are all Chameleons...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyR said:
    Cols said:
    Does anyone have any proposals for resolution that would work out for all parties?

poopot said:

This
    Based on what we’ve seen posted here I think there is an argument that the OP didn’t accurately describe the item, although a £150 refund seems excessive for a few small dings (but the OP did agree to it).

However, in my view Chris then lost any moral high ground with his eBay listing and refusal to admit he’s done anything wrong. 

It’s a difficult one - might just be better for both parties to walk away and chalk it down to experience.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    edited February 2020
    Yep. The money he got from the resolution process should be given back and a full description of all the issues on the listing is the best way forward.

Again, the play wear doesn't seem to be anything to write home about except for a couple of nitro chips, and it doesn't seem like you felt it appropriate to include it in your listing OR tell the above potential buyer when they asked about it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7213
    Does anyone play the guitar anymore?

Or do we all just look for minute chips and scrapes? In case it messes with our profit margins when we flip it.

I have given up with selling guitars because of 'dickhead situations' like these.  Where two musicians/collectors argue over a used guitar that has play wear and signs of being taken out of a case and used at a gig or a rehearsal. If you are that worried about dents and scrapes either go and see the guitar first or avoid online purchasing of used guitars.

If you aren't happy with the condition and think it is not as described, send it back and get a full refund. Paypal and eBay will allow that, so just ask for all your money back and return the item.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    edited February 2020
    I could understand all the stress, grief and emotion if this thread was about an LP, but a Jazzmaster....................... :)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    14reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Some things hurt more much more than guitars and girls
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.