Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Advice Please Guys. Sellers Hell - My Experience

What's Hot

Comments

• tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    edited February 2020
    So, I wrote a little rubbish song poking a bit of fun at this this whole situation because, apparently, I have nothing better to do on a Friday afternoon (my partner says I'm crazy, my kid probably does too). It's based on a vague recollection of events, fictional. No names are disclosed. It probably sounds shit because it is, and I wanted to get it out before this life-lesson of a thread got locked.

Any volunteers to play it at the next forum jam?

This sir.. is nothing short of genius! . I take a digital bow .Fantastic! Haha. Jeezo... incredible : ))))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I sense a benefit concert !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    "I packed the bits, and all of the papers.  I can't believe it, but they turned to vapours."

Utter genius.  Like Wordsworth set to a funky bassline.

Fred / @danishbacon wins the internet.  For ever.  That's it: I'm disconnecting.

BLAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5787
    So, I wrote a little rubbish song poking a bit of fun at this this whole situation because, apparently, I have nothing better to do on a Friday afternoon (my partner says I'm crazy, my kid probably does too). It's based on a vague recollection of events, fictional. No names are disclosed. It probably sounds shit because it is, and I wanted to get it out before this life-lesson of a thread got locked.

Any volunteers to play it at the next forum jam?

Wish I could LOL, Wow and Wiz that all at the same time!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Incredible Fred... set me for the weekend man! Right.. where’s me gin. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1597
    Hats off to @danishbacon ;
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • All jokes aside, @tele69 I'm sorry this happened to you. @digitalscream IMHO, we don't want scammers here.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    All jokes aside, @tele69 I'm sorry this happened to you. @digitalscream IMHO, we don't want scammers here.
    ^this
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    So, I wrote a little rubbish song.... It probably sounds shit ....
    It's got a lot more good elements than it has shit ones.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    @danishbacon that is excellent, hat's off
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Haha Fred.
  • Fifty9 said:
    Haha Fred.
    With the ObG @Fifty9 and thanks for the nice comments all. In all honesty, it’s not nice that this went down, hope @tele69 and @chris78 can sort this out amicably.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Great stuff Fred. Hope you enjoy it!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19393
    Fifty9 said:
    Haha Fred.
    With the ObG @Fifty9 and thanks for the nice comments all. In all honesty, it’s not nice that this went down, hope @tele69 and @chris78 can sort this out amicably.
    Well said, right answer.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    All jokes aside, @tele69 I'm sorry this happened to you. @digitalscream IMHO, we don't want scammers here.
    I'm not sure this is either fair or helpful.  Chris has been a member and contributor here for 5 years.  What do you think he's been doing, planning the great sting over the last 5 years that's finally come to fruition?  We all get things wrong from time to time.  (Some members behave disgracefully on the forum and seem to be given chance after chance and get welcomed back with open arms).

There are two sides to this and it's really up to them to settle it.  @tele69 why did you agree to the £150 refund?  This hasn't been explained.  From what we've been told the refund was only to do with condition of the guitar.  (Therefore the certificate being a bit of a red herring).  Why didn't you take the guitar back, an option which still remains available so far as we've been told?

It's probably a big mistake on my part to get involved and I don't know either of you but I think there's a difference between on the one hand trying to get helpful advice to find a fair way through this and on the other courting a witch hunt ending with people being called scammers and marched out of the forum etc.

It's important to keep the heat out of this.  I realise that @chris78 called you a liar which wasn't the best thing to do but he's come forwards (something he didn't have to do) and seems up for dialogue and resolving the situation?

(and yes, I enjoy the humour and loved @danishbacon)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:
     (Some members behave disgracefully on the forum and seem to be given chance after chance and get welcomed back with open arms).

Mentioning no names...
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    thebreeze said:
    I'm not sure this is either fair or helpful.  Chris has been a member and contributor here for 5 years.  What do you think he's been doing, planning the great sting over the last 5 years that's finally come to fruition?  We all get things wrong from time to time.  (Some members behave disgracefully on the forum and seem to be given chance after chance and get welcomed back with open arms).

There are two sides to this and it's really up to them to settle it.  @tele69 why did you agree to the £150 refund?  This hasn't been explained.  From what we've been told the refund was only to do with condition of the guitar.  (Therefore the certificate being a bit of a red herring).  Why didn't you take the guitar back, an option which still remains available so far as we've been told?

It's probably a big mistake on my part to get involved and I don't know either of you but I think there's a difference between on the one hand trying to get helpful advice to find a fair way through this and on the other courting a witch hunt ending with people being called scammers and marched out of the forum etc.

It's important to keep the heat out of this.  I realise that @chris78 called you a liar which wasn't the best thing to do but he's come forwards (something he didn't have to do) and seems up for dialogue and resolving the situation?

Well paying for the delivery back can be of a similar cost depending on your courier, and the hassle might not be worth the difference. 

He may of spent the money already... 

There's a multitude of extremely valid reasons why taking the hit is an easier option. 

The other party doesn't seem to have the same valid reasons up until now. 

Redemption should always on the table. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    @danishbacon Amazing. I laughed! 
    thebreeze said:

I’ll try and keep this concise for I fear the fear of boredom setting in for some.: ))

First thing I did was offer a return of the guitar back to me followed by an alternative offer of a part refund... that was if he liked the guitar enough to want to keep it. 

Chris replies and said he would need ‘ a couple of hundred quid. A lot I thought tbh) however, I countered with an overly generous £150 to allow for his disappointment of the finish and for us both,  the missing certificate.. that was certainly important to me. A replacement costs. also to avoid the hassle of the return. It would mean a day off work which I couldn’t afford + postage payment etc He slept on it and accepted next day 

Whatever is thought about the certificate... there is no red herring there but I believe fishy it is to put it politely. He was adamant that it was missing... even after a thorough recheck. This is important stuff. They cost money to replace. It made me look like an incompetent fool but it was there all along. It would have been nice to be informed of its reappearance .. if indeed it was missing at all...It’s not right to me man.

i sense Chris might feel it’s too far down the line for dialogue and discussion as you’ve put it. The liar craic rankled a little bit but I’m over that....people react when they’re kicked... and I’m no different 

My inbox is always open. 

Thanks for your kind advice and comments everyone. We all make mistakes and again, I’m no different. Always learning. 
    Appreciated 
    Gary

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.