NGD - Not as described by seller (Fretboard member)

What's Hot

Comments

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited March 2020
    No ones trolling - the neck pocket cracks were probably there from new, the wear on the pickups is a sign that yes, it has been used, and those supposed marks on the neck are completely laughable. If the OP wanted a new guitar he was welcome to pony up the extra grand or so and go and buy one
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    Philtre said:
    Philtre said:
    God, there are some ignorant fuckwits in this thread.

So sorry @chenzman that you've been fucked over by the seller and have to endure the utter cluelessness and trolling of these fuckwits.
    Why not just accept that some people have a different opinion from you rather than getting prissy and hurling insults? Just a suggestion.
    An opinion is one thing. Misinformed bullshit is another. Example - "clear flipper’s remorse "
    No, that literally is ‘an opinion’, misinformed or otherwise.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    This thread could reach Peach LP stats at this rate, passes the popcorn 
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
    No ones trolling - the neck pocket cracks were probably there from new, the wear on the pickups is a sign that yes, it has been used, and those supposed marks on the neck are completely laughable. If the OP wanted a new guitar he was welcome to pony up the extra grand or so and go and buy one
    You don't know if he wanted a new guitar. However it seems obvious he wanted a guitar without marks that were not mentioned by the seller. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited March 2020
    Those marks werent worth mentioning to any reasonable person - its a guitar to be played not a priceless artifact
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:
    I can’t decide who of the two involved parties has behaved like the bigger asshole.

I’m going to go for the buyer:

1. clear flipper’s remorse (not once did buyer mention playability of guitar with regards to price or transaction)
    2. Public shaming on forum both parties frequent
    3. In the first pages thanking everyone who backed him

Good popcorn entertainment all the same.

Clear flippers remorse? That’s quite a statement based on absolutely sod all.

Calling someone an asshole when they’re upset because they’ve dropped nearly a grand and a half on a guitar and it’s not like described? OP has every reason to not be happy.

Also, you have no idea beyond this thread if there may be more to the sellers side than appears or if there are extenuating circumstances.

I’d suggest it’s you coming across like an asshole here. Maybe drop the insults and, if nothing useful to add, keep schtum?
    Be careful. It’s these type of semantics that create these miscommunications. I didn’t call anyone an asshole. I referred to the behavior of both parties involved.

And yes the buyer did spend a lot of money. But the full context is the price versus the original price. A seller is selling a “as new” guitar for 53% of the first hand price and you expect it to be immaculate? 

You are absolutely right that I like all of us have no more information to go on than what has been presented here. That’s why I based my interpretation on the evidence offered.

You have labeled me as an asshole based on my insults. I don’t believe I insulted anyone and, in fact, if we continue using your own logic here, it would actually appear that you were the one insulting me and therefore ultimately self-labeling yourself as the only asshole in this whole situation.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    LPManic said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:
    I can’t decide who of the two involved parties has behaved like the bigger asshole.

1. clear flipper’s remorse (not once did buyer mention playability of guitar with regards to price or transaction)

Calling someone an asshole when they’re upset because they’ve dropped nearly a grand and a half on a guitar and it’s not like described? OP has every reason to not be happy.

Also, you have no idea beyond this thread if there may be more to the sellers side than appears or if there are extenuating circumstances.

I’d suggest it’s you coming across like an asshole here. Maybe drop the insults and, if nothing useful to add, keep schtum?
    Be careful. It’s these type of semantics that create these miscommunications. I didn’t call anyone an asshole. I referred to the behavior of both parties involved.

And yes the buyer did spend a lot of money. But the full context is the price versus the original price. A seller is selling a “as new” guitar for 53% of the first hand price and you expect it to be immaculate? 

You are absolutely right that I like all of us have no more information to go on than what has been presented here. That’s why I based my interpretation on the evidence offered.

You have labeled me as an asshole based on my insults. I don’t believe I insulted anyone and, in fact, if we continue using your own logic here, it would actually appear that you were the one insulting me and therefore ultimately self-labeling yourself as the only asshole in this whole situation.
    Wanna borrow a shovel?
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:

Wanna borrow a shovel?
    Is it “as new”?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    LPManic said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:

Wanna borrow a shovel?
    Is it “as new”?
    Doesn’t matter as long as the price is right. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    This thread really has gone mental, I’ll get back to the facts. 

Second paragraph in the advert is as follows -

“It's in fantastic unmarked condition, as new. Comes with the Music Man case and whatever gubbins were in the case at the time of sale.”

It arrived marked, so not clearly not as advertised, to disagree with this and to continue with “it’s used, what should I expect” is ridiculous. I expected it to be as advertised and have to right to be annoyed.

The seller isn’t having any of it so I’m the one who’s lost out here. 

I’ve learned a tough lesson here at my cost, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone and would never falsely advertise something.

Thanks for the lovely opinions of me and my apparent lies, that was very much appreciated

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2425
    edited March 2020
    Did all the photos show it unmarked and immaculate?
    Either the photos are wrong or the description...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    @chenzman sorry to hear of this whole debacle mate.

if it’s any consolation- you’ve actually scored a real good guitar - I’ve got 2 of these LIII’s and they are absolute gems of guitars - one of my older Luke’s also had the saddle thing going on and it’s not a fault, just the way some of them are.

Hopefully, once the dust settles you’ll realise how good a guitar it is and if it’s not for you then you’ll easily pass that on as it’s quite an unusual colour too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Adey said:

What’s your point? I’ve already said I didn’t see the mark that other people are saying is clear on the pickup.

That aside, neck pocket cracks, marks on side of fretboard and back of neck never shown or described.

I’m not sure how this is confusing people? ITS NOT AS DESCRIBED
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 741
    chenzman said:

“It's in fantastic unmarked condition, as new. Comes with the Music Man case and whatever gubbins were in the case at the time of sale.”

It arrived marked, so not clearly not as advertised, to disagree with this and to continue with “it’s used, what should I expect” is ridiculous. I expected it to be as advertised and have to right to be annoyed.

I’ve learned a tough lesson here at my cost, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone and would never falsely advertise something.

Thanks for the lovely opinions of me and my apparent lies, that was very much appreciated

@AlexHunter has said he wants to buy it, so you don't necessarily have to wind up short.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2020
    chenzman said:

@AlexHunter has said he wants to buy it, so you don't necessarily have to wind up short.
    Ok thanks Darryl

@AlexHunter give me a shout if you’re still interested, cheers 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    chenzman said:
    Adey said:

What’s your point? I’ve already said I didn’t see the mark that other people are saying is clear on the pickup.

That aside, neck pocket cracks, marks on side of fretboard and back of neck never shown or described.

You didn’t see the mark on the pickup yet you expect the seller to be 100% accurate? In other words, it’s okay if you miss something but not if the seller does?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    LPManic said:

Wanna borrow a shovel?
    Is it “as new”?
    Doesn’t matter as long as the price is right. 
    I’ll take it!
    chenzman said:
    Adey said:

You didn’t see the mark on the pickup yet you expect the seller to be 100% accurate? In other words, it’s okay if you miss something but not if the seller does?
    It wasn’t exactly pointed out though was it and I wasn’t the one selling the guitar or advertising it as unmarked
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Philtre said:
    LPManic said:

Fuck off, that's complete fucking bullshit.
    Why are you fucking swearing all the fucking time?
    It's not your fucking problem.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1220
    The only way this thread could be worse would be if the guitar was a Champan instead, and the seller was Rob Chapman himself.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.