NGD - Not as described by seller (Fretboard member)

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    TonyJacks said:
    Guitars are to be played, those marks could happen at any time during use. Even guitars in shops have evidence of being played. 

This reeks of buyers remorse 

No it fucking doesn't.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    See my post above, you fit perfectly into the next Tuesday category....
    So now my character is being attacked for how I would respond to the situation... I thought this was a public forum on the internet were we could voice our opinions with anonymity?

I almost feel offended. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyJacksTonyJacks Frets: 35
    Philtre why are you involving yourself? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    Boromedic said:
    So now my character is being attacked for how I would respond to the situation... I thought this was a public forum on the internet were we could voice our opinions with anonymity?

I almost feel offended. 

Why be offended, I disagree with how you think the OP is in the wrong, and for that I called you out. No need to be offended, if you walk like a duck, and quack like a duck you're a duck...

How, when the guitar is listed as new unmarked, is the buyer in the wrong at this point?

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LKV_JazzmasterLKV_Jazzmaster Frets: 163
    edited March 2020
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:

I almost feel offended. 

Why be offended, I disagree with how you think the OP is in the wrong, and for that I called you out. No need to be offended, if you walk like a duck, and quack like a duck you're a duck...

How, when the guitar is listed as new unmarked, is the buyer in the wrong at this point?
    I said I was almost offended. Almost. 

So on that basis then if it types like a remorseful buyer, finds fault like a remorseful buyer and tries to rally people behind his cause like a remorseful buyer...

it’s a remorseful....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2020
    The guitar is "NOT AS DESCRIBED" that's not remorseful buyer, that's I'm pissed off cos I've been had. Having been in a similar position I can empathise with the buyer, maybe that's why I disagree with you.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    TonyJacks said:
    Guitars are to be played, those marks could happen at any time during use. Even guitars in shops have evidence of being played. 

This reeks of buyers remorse 

@TonyJacks If I don’t like how something plays or doesn’t suit me, I would just sell it on, simple. I wouldn’t be bringing this up here if that was the case
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyJacksTonyJacks Frets: 35
    Boromedic - been ‘had’? You need to go and sit in a dark room and relax. This is a quality guitar at a great price.

Go practice your scales 
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2425
    edited March 2020
    M'lud!, M'lud!
    Please come and sort out this dreadful disagreement....

We need someone who knows "the Law"...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Having read this thread I've just reluctantly edited two ads I had in the classifieds now to avoid using the term 'as new' in case anyone finds anything wrong with them that I haven't been able to spot myself.

Whilst I honestly do think my two are in the same condition as when I bought them both a few months ago, the whole thing about people's interpretation of condition is very difficult and subjective.

To me, my guitars are as good as new and by editing that out of my ad have I implied the condition isn't as good as it really is, thereby reducing seller interest? Tricky one.

I'm not making judgements either way, incidentally, just don't want more threads like this for any of us on the forum for whatever reason. 

I no longer bother with Gumtree et al, because the experience of buying /selling here is usually 100% better for all parties, in my experience.

Face to face is always best, in my opinion, but I understand it's not always going to be that way....unless either party insists upon it. 

Communication (before and after the sale) is probably the most important factor in all of this, as it is in most things in life.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    Adey said:
    M'lud!, M'lud!
    Please come and sort out this dreadful disagreement....
    Buyer is entitled to receive what he thought he was getting, and to a response to any queries.

People are entitled to post their differing opinions without being told to stop posting.

No one needs to attack anyone.

*gavel*
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    Boromedic said:
    The guitar is "NOT AS DESCRIBED" that's not remorseful buyer, that I'm pissed off cos I've been had. Having been in a similar position I can empathize with the buyer, maybe that's why I disagree with you.
    How far would you take that though? If there was a tiny blemish, only visible when you looked really closely, would that count as ‘not as described’? It’s a question of degree and although the OP has more of a case than this example I’d say it’s a borderline one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p_jay78p_jay78 Frets: 182
    Hey guys,

What a treat this was to read. Everyone needs to go play guitar and relax

Vince, seriously - you wanted to air this is public? I'll PM you now and we can have a chat

Nothing more needs to be said.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7346
    TonyJacks said:
    Boromedic - been ‘had’? You need to go and sit in a dark room and relax. This is a quality guitar at a great price.

Go practice your scales 
    @TonyJacks , why are you involving yourself ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    p_jay78 said:
    Hey guys,

Vince, seriously - you wanted to air this is public? I'll PM you now and we can have a chat

Mr Blonde appears at last..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4693
    Thread clowning down in 3......2.............1........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    edited March 2020
    p_jay78 said:
    Hey guys,

Thanks Paul and no I didn’t want to air this in public, speak soon 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    p_jay78 said:
    Hey guys,

Good on you mate, that's all it needed. From here I'm out, and @TonyJacks , yes that's exactly what I meant, been had. Yes he got a good deal, my first post said as much, but it wasn't As New, that's my beef it's close to it, but it isn't unmarked/new is it? 

I'm out now, can't be arsed arguing with unreasonable people on the net anymore.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    p_jay78 said:
    Hey guys,

What a treat this was to read. Everyone needs to go play guitar and relax.

They need to play them more often than look at them under a microscope.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Iamnobody said:
    What a sad post. The unnecessary criticism of the buyer from some members is a disgrace.

I think the OP has taken it well - in his shoes I’d be telling each and every one you to help yourselves to a great big slice of fuck off.

The price paid is irrelevant, the guitar received  was simply not as described. Any other ‘opinion’ is invalid. 

OP - I hope the seller does the right thing.

The price paid is very relevant.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.