NGD - Not as described by seller (Fretboard member)

What's Hot

Comments

• So you’ve messaged him 5 times without a response... although you state on the listing, the same day this thread was started, you’ve contacted him three time’s...

how long have you had the guitar? Because if you’d messaged me 5 times in say three days I think I’d ignore you too... Especially if you’d then started a public shaming campaign... if you aren’t happy isn’t that what’s the feedback section is for?

What’s the age old saying on the forum about posting a guitar/ loss of one. If you can’t afford to take the hit don’t send it. 

We’ll surely if you aren’t going to bother seeing a guitar in person, that costs well over a thousand pounds, and is what a 3 grand guitar?, then perhaps the adage applies here as well. 

If you want the ability to return you should buy from a shop or eBay...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8147
    paulnb57 said:
    Seller was on here (7th) yesterday, so its reasonable to assume he saw the pm’s and posts, bit naughty not to respond......
    I was here several times yesterday, but only saw this post today. 
    Wish I hadn’t though, complaint is laughable. Pathetic even. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet if you put it under a microscope a few mms of poly might be warn away from a plectrum as well! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    Because if you’d messaged me 5 times in say three days I think I’d ignore you too...
    Not helpful. In fact your attitude is a bit fucking shit, TBH.

I had dealings with the seller too, and I had to message him frequently to get a response.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196

Philtre said:
    Oh yea. I remember this guy. Messed me around with a trade. Came on strong, wanted to do the deal and then just went radio silent.

Glad I didn't do it now. Could've been anything wrong with the thing. 
    Funny you should say that.

Never arrived, strange shenanigans, poor communication, eventually refunded after several messages.
    I suppose I should be thankful it arrived at all then based on this!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:
    Oh yea. I remember this guy. Messed me around with a trade. Came on strong, wanted to do the deal and then just went radio silent.

Never arrived, strange shenanigans, poor communication, eventually refunded after several messages.
    I suppose I should be happy it arrived at all then?!
    TonyR said:
    I suppose this is the problem you run into when buying a second hand guitar sight unseen via a private sale.

When selling I much prefer to meet a buyer face to face, that way I can make sure they are 100% happy with the guitar before parting with their hard earned cash. I know this narrows down my market somewhat but it helps me keep my sanity!

Yesterday I had a chap make a 10 hour round trip to pick up the Gretsch Annie he’d bought from me. He was happy to make the trip and was thankful I wanted to make sure the guitar was all that he was expecting before he handed the cash over.

I am also reluctant to buy a second hand guitar without first getting my hands on it and giving it the once over. That way if I don’t pick up issues it’s my own fault.
    @TonyR I normally do travel to collect and agree this is how I like to buy/sell to avoid disappointment.

On this occasion I didn’t as I’ve had so many great experiences with the fretboard forum sellers, more the fool me unfortunately 

Philtre said:

I suppose I should be thankful it arrived at all then based on this!
    Philtre said:

I suppose I should be happy it arrived at all then?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TonyR said:
    I suppose this is the problem you run into when buying a second hand guitar sight unseen via a private sale.

When selling I much prefer to meet a buyer face to face, that way I can make sure they are 100% happy with the guitar before parting with their hard earned cash. I know this narrows down my market somewhat but it helps me keep my sanity!

Yesterday I had a chap make a 10 hour round trip to pick up the Gretsch Annie he’d bought from me. He was happy to make the trip and was thankful I wanted to make sure the guitar was all that he was expecting before he handed the cash over.

I am also reluctant to buy a second hand guitar without first getting my hands on it and giving it the once over. That way if I don’t pick up issues it’s my own fault.
    @TonyR I normally do travel to collect and agree this is how I like to buy/sell to avoid disappointment.

On this occasion I didn’t as I’ve had so many great experiences with the fretboard forum sellers, more the fool me unfortunately 
    So you’ve messaged him 5 times without a response... although you state on the listing, the same day this thread was started, you’ve contacted him three time’s...

how long have you had the guitar? Because if you’d messaged me 5 times in say three days I think I’d ignore you too... Especially if you’d then started a public shaming campaign... if you aren’t happy isn’t that what’s the feedback section is for?

What’s the age old saying on the forum about posting a guitar/ loss of one. If you can’t afford to take the hit don’t send it. 

We’ll surely if you aren’t going to bother seeing a guitar in person, that costs well over a thousand pounds, and is what a 3 grand guitar?, then perhaps the adage applies here as well. 

Good work, well done. I can only imagine the response I would get from someone like you if I had an issue. 

I forgot, I just made all this up for the sake of it to get attention and abuse as that’s how I like to spend my day

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philtre said:
    Because if you’d messaged me 5 times in say three days I think I’d ignore you too...

I had dealings with the seller too, and I had to message him frequently to get a response.
    What because I’m not taking the OPs side in the matter?

if someone message me a bunch of times I would assume the were hi-rate and probably not in a reasonably mind set to have a grown up discussion with anyone. 

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:

if someone message me a bunch of times I would assume the were hi-rate and probably not in a reasonably mind set to have a grown up discussion with anyone. 

What a fucking shitty attitude.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
    Philtre said:

I’m not in my right to contact the seller and complain when he is blatantly ignoring me? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    If I liked the guitar (feel, playability, tone etc) I’d keep it, the pickup aesthetic issue can be fixed for not much money, and the other issues wouldn’t bother me, on a used guitar I’d expect them. A lot of my guitars (fenders) have that exact paint crack , its very common and isnt a fault really or flaw.

But the seller should have replied to you right away when you voiced your concerns. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    edited March 2020
    There are some right bell ends on here sometimes, dude bought a guitar that was listed as new and unmarked. When the buyer is questioned as he clearly lied about it, he goes into hiding and doesn't respond to the buyer, even just replying and saying sorry would've been something, and now the OP is bad because what he's purchased is not as described.

Bunch of c**nts in this town at times, no one cares if you agree or think he's being picky, the guitar was listed as NEW, and it clearly isn't.

Simple enough isn't it?

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 28reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzman said:
    So you’ve messaged him 5 times without a response... although you state on the listing, the same day this thread was started, you’ve contacted him three time’s...

Good work, well done. I can only imagine the response I would get from someone like you if I had an issue. 

I forgot, I just made all this up for the sake of it to get attention and abuse as that’s how I like to spend my day

Why imagine?

Hi Chenzman,

im sorry you are unhappy with the guitar. Unfortunately the damage you have mentioned I did not see before sale and/or was unaware of. 

The neck pocket cracks weren’t there before transit, I can only assume that these either weren’t there or have been made worse by transit. 

The ‘dings’ on the neck appear to be tooling marks, or potentially light impressions from a wall hanger at the shop. 

I agree the mark in the pick up is a shame. Perhaps you’d like to take the issue up with dimarzio as to how there pick ups could scuff so easily. 

The guitar was available for you to see at any time but you opted to have it posted without reviewing it. As a private seller I’m afraid this sale is private. However at that price it would take little effort for you to move it on. 

All the best
    6reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    See my post above, you fit perfectly into the next Tuesday category....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    @LKV_Jazzmaster Stop being a total prick.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 22reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyJacksTonyJacks Frets: 35
    edited March 2020
    Guitars are to be played, those marks could happen at any time during use. Even guitars in shops have evidence of being played. 

This reeks of buyers remorse 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.