NGD - Not as described by seller (Fretboard member)

What's Hot

Comments

• chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    mort said:
    A timely reminder to never use PayPal gift for this kind of amount unless you know and trust the seller 100%.

Serious lesson learned here @mort and faith in decent people has dropped somewhat
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    chenzman said:
    mort said:
    A timely reminder to never use PayPal gift for this kind of amount unless you know and trust the seller 100%.

Serious lesson learned here @mort and faith in decent people has dropped somewhat
    Yep, I learned that lesson too. From the same guy.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited March 2020
    Philtre said:
    Oh yea. I remember this guy. Messed me around with a trade. Came on strong, wanted to do the deal and then just went radio silent.

Glad I didn't do it now. Could've been anything wrong with the thing. 
    Funny you should say that.

Never arrived, strange shenanigans, poor communication, eventually refunded after several messages.
    Strange... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7212
    I'd say buy new guitars, if minor blemishes bug you this much. If it is a used guitar, expect it to have a few cosmetic issues.

Setup, is also something that is personal taste, so cannot see why this would be an issues for you. Just set up the guitar how you like it.

Just my opinion.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • I know @chenzman. He's a thoroughly honest guy and we've both bought gear from one another before.

Some of the comments here are irrational. The bottom line is the guitar was not in the condition as described.

That one comment about 'flippers remorse'... I mean, knowing the guy, I know how stupid and off-base that is. But I suppose it takes all sorts.

The LOLS on his post are absolutely indicative of the type of people who frequent this forum.

So what... if you're not a forum regular you don't get any empathy then??

*shakes head at the state of it all*

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
    chenzman said:
    Wow, just read some of these comments, seems like I’m the one on trial here for buying something that clearly wasn’t as listed, I thought that was on the seller? Why shouldn’t I be unhappy with it? Some people i see have agreed, so I’m not the only one who would expect things as listed.

I came here for advise after privately trying to contact the seller 5 times to discuss with him. This forum has always been a great place to buy, seek advise and generally chat to like minded people, I thought seeking advise would be the same.

Whether this seems trivial to others is fair enough, however it’s not to me, I am perfectly in my right to have that opinion

Thanks to those people laughing at my expense, cheers
    Nope. Am completely in agreement with you. It said 'unmarked, as new'. It's not unmarked and isn't as new. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    chenzman said:
    Wow, just read some of these comments, seems like I’m the one on trial here for buying something that clearly wasn’t as listed, I thought that was on the seller? Why shouldn’t I be unhappy with it? Some people i see have agreed, so I’m not the only one who would expect things as listed.

I came here for advise after privately trying to contact the seller 5 times to discuss with him. This forum has always been a great place to buy, seek advise and generally chat to like minded people, I thought seeking advise would be the same.

Whether this seems trivial to others is fair enough, however it’s not to me, I am perfectly in my right to have that opinion

Thanks to those people laughing at my expense, cheers
    Actually I think most people, me included, agree with you that the condition wasn’t described accurately and that the seller should respond to you. Where people seem to differ is in how much the ‘issues’ would matter to them. As you say though you’re well within your rights if they do matter to you.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m guessing the lols are at the fact that the pictures don’t really show anything obviously untoward. It does look like a very clean, tidy guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    edited March 2020
    Philtre said:
    Oh yea. I remember this guy. Messed me around with a trade. Came on strong, wanted to do the deal and then just went radio silent.

Glad I didn't do it now. Could've been anything wrong with the thing. 
    Funny you should say that.

Never arrived, strange shenanigans, poor communication, eventually refunded after several messages.
    Strange... 
    I suppose I should be happy it arrived at all then!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    stonevibe said:
    I'd say buy new guitars, if minor blemishes bug you this much. If it is a used guitar, expect it to have a few cosmetic issues.

Setup, is also something that is personal taste, so cannot see why this would be an issues for you. Just set up the guitar how you like it.

Just my opinion.

The listing said 'It's in fantastic unmarked condition, as new'. 

It's categorically not that and the buyer is the victim here. People shouldn't defend poor practice like this because we all lose out. 

Again, the seller may have just overlooked these things but I really think that contact should be made. 

As a rule when selling you should go over the guitar with a fine tooth comb. Take lots of pictures. List everything you can see. Over play the issues slightly. If you miss something small it's not as much of an issue if you've listed everything else. 

You have to protect yourself when selling and make sure the buyer knows what he/she is getting. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Could the neck cracks not have occurred in transit? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Could the neck cracks not have occurred in transit? 
    Yea they could have. Something for the seller to take up with the courier.

Again, communication would help a lot in this situation. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 820
    edited March 2020
    The guitar that arrived wasn’t as described in the advert. And there’s no reasonable excuse for the seller browsing the forum but not responding to the buyer. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I’d give him some time tbh. He’s maybe away skiing at this time of year enjoying the proceeds he had from a sale of a guitar ;) Or he’s ill with Coronavirus and if that’s the case give the guitar a wipe down with some disinfectant  ;)

Sorry I don’t mean to demean your situation but I have had similar situations before when someone hadn’t come back to me as soon as I would’ve liked and imagined all sorts of scary things. Ended up being none of the things I was conjuring up and was sorted out in a friendly manner. Fingers crossed this will the same for you

Good luck
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’d give him some time tbh. He’s maybe away skiing at this time of year enjoying the proceeds he had from a sale of a guitar ;) Or he’s ill with Coronavirus and if that’s the case give the guitar a wipe down with some disinfectant  ;)

Sorry I don’t mean to demean your situation but I have had similar situations before when someone hadn’t come back to me as soon as I would’ve liked and imagined all sorts of scary things. Ended up being none of the things I was conjuring up and was sorted out in a friendly manner. Fingers crossed this will the same for you

Good luck
    If he's browsing the forum (which he is) then a quick message to say "sorry fella, haven't got the time to respond properly right now, but will do soon" takes all of 10 seconds to post.

I had to do it on Friday to let someone know I wasn't going to make the post office when I was in meetings all day.

There isn't any excuse. Seller is just hoping Chenzman gives up.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    Poor form for seller not to respond whatever the cause........and no excuse for that,
    but ,you sound to me like you should not venture into the secondhand market......you seem incredibly picky and would be best off paying the full up retail and buying new .Honestly.if you expect 100 per cent mint you could probably fault 90 % of the "new"stock in any guitar shop.......on balance, you saved £1000 buying used and it's still worth every penny .
    These issues are incredibly minor.....all Musicman guitars suffer that micro poly cracking around the neck and he should have pointed that out but the fretboard dents are so minor he's probably never even noticed them.it's a nothing.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    Poor form for seller not to respond whatever the cause........and no excuse for that,
    but ,you sound to me like you should not venture into the secondhand market......you seem incredibly picky and would be best off paying the full up retail and buying new .Honestly.if you expect 100 per cent mint you could probably fault 90 % of the "new"stock in any guitar shop.......on balance, you saved £1000 buying used and it's still worth every penny .
    These issues are incredibly minor.....all Musicman guitars suffer that micro poly cracking around the neck and he should have pointed that out but the fretboard dents are so minor he's probably never even noticed them.it's a nothing.
    Dom.. have you read the guys advert...??

I've only had this one since December, it was a Christmas present to myself - bought new for £2300. It's in the buttermilk finish with the famous roasted maple neck.

It's in fantastic unmarked condition, as new. Comes with the Music Man case and whatever gubbins were in the case at the time of sale.

I'm just not using it and aside from one recording session, it has been residing in its case. Its all about the neck on this one.... 

I have the box it was shipped to me in, so postage is an option. Otherwise it's here in Southampton for collection. 

Looking for £1500 -  NOW £1400

I'd be interested in an HSS Strat as a trade / px - depending on the model

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    stonevibe said:
    I'd say buy new guitars, if minor blemishes bug you this much. 
    From some retailers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7212
    So you save £900 on a guitar which has been played and it is used 'as new'. But we all know it isn't really new and he has played it in the last three months.

Expect a few marks and don't be ridiculous.

If you want a boxed fresh new guitar, go buy one from a reputable dealer and pay the extra £900. 

Sorry, but this is a used guitar and we know it was played during a studio session, as the ad states that very fact.

I think if these kind of marks and play wear annoy you, then at the very least, you should go travel and see the guitar in person first and then make up your mind on whether or not you want to buy it.

Just my opinion.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    prlgmnr said:
    stonevibe said:
    I'd say buy new guitars, if minor blemishes bug you this much. 
    From some retailers.
    I want to lol and wis because... well you all know why ha!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174

As a rule when selling you should go over the guitar with a fine tooth comb. Take lots of pictures. List everything you can see. Over play the issues slightly. If you miss something small it's not as much of an issue if you've listed everything else. 

You have to protect yourself when selling and make sure the buyer knows what he/she is getting. 

I personally think that is setting the bar too high (the part in bold). As I said earlier, many dealers or shops don’t even go to these lengths. Why should a private seller be held to a higher standard? You can describe an item as accurately as you want but if a buyer is really determined they will be able to fabricate some ‘issue’ (not saying that’s the case here).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.