What’s your number one guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    Lewy said:

Sorry for the big photo...it's a big guitar!
    D35? I ain’t too good at Acoustic models....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5334

Heres my one and only Electric so , by definition, my number one :)   Nacho caster
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    As someone else has already said, my #1 guitar changes but the one that I'd go back into a burning building for has to be my 1993 Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro which I've had from new.  It doesn't get played much these days, and I think that I've only gigged it a couple of times in the last 5 years, but I'll never sell it (despite several offers).  I've changed the trem to a Wilkinson / Gotoh VS100N (I always found the original cam-lock thing a faf to set up).  I may treat it to some new pickups at some point (something with aged nickle covers would look good) and maybe replace the rotary coil tap switch with a regular tone pot.

• LewyLewy Frets: 4381
    tone1 said:
    Lewy said:

Sorry for the big photo...it's a big guitar!
    D35? I ain’t too good at Acoustic models....
    D-28 Authentic 1937 Aged
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3977
    edited April 2020
    My number one. Kind of a Hot Rod Strat/Tele Custom. Has a set of Lollar Imperials in and sounds f**king ace! Had it a few years now, many guitars have come and gone in that time but I think this is a keeper!

(Not the best picture, don't think it shows off the colour in the best light!) 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73068
    My number one. Kind of a Hot Rod Strat/Tele Custom. Has a set of Lollar Imperials in and sounds f**king ace! Had it a few years now, many guitars have come and gone in that time but I think this is a keeper!
    I don't normally like this sort of mash-up design but I think the St. Blues ones get it just right - there's a Les Paul-shaped one with the same sort of electrics configuration as well - David Ayers from Red Snapper and Heather Nova's band had one, and there was a similar one in the shop I work for a couple of years ago. I still don't like the Tele switch position, but that's Leo's fault!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• This one is #1. It wasn't really floating above the Isle of Dominica. It was hanging from the washing line in my garden. 

I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    1940 Martin

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2387

(Not the best picture, don't think it shows off the colour in the best light!) 
    How far away are the Tele and the other Strat?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    mgaw said:

Heres my one and only Electric so , by definition, my number one :)   Nacho caster
    Oh yes!! I must say that looks a beast :D
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4306
    I only have 4 guitars, and they are all on pretty much equal footing, but if push came to shove, my love for Strats is probably deepest, so if only one guitar it would need to be this. Only had it about 10 months, sounds unbelievable, lovely chunky neck profile, an absolute dream guitar for me.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2475
    I've got to say, I'm really impressed with how many unique and modified guitars are popping up in here. The nacho caster and Strat/Tele green hybrid above are both amazing.
    Tim
  • RebarRebar Frets: 138
    timmypix said:
    I've got to say, I'm really impressed with how many unique and modified guitars are popping up in here. The nacho caster and Strat/Tele green hybrid above are both amazing.
    I'm inclined to agree. I was expecting to see a raft of Suhrs, Andersons, but no. I'm especially surprised that PRS doesn't feature more often. If anything, this thread is showing me that a line-off luthier build should be my next purchase. 
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    edited April 2020
    @Rebar Yes. A UK custom build is worth considering. My gig guitar is likely to be my HJ Williams Lil ‘58 (I have three of his, two custom builds):

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4796
    Tenebrous said:
    Still the Troublemaker. It's a lot more dinged up now & the plastic has pretty much cracked everywhere, but that Modern-C neck is just a joy to play.

There are some very nice guitars in this thread but this one in particular caught my eye & I think looks really nice. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • JJ Jewel, new to me and fabulous.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    I'm in a Les Paul mood most days of late, so it's either my Standard (although it's currently in Croydon being lovingly modded):

Or my R8, which is just simply an amazing guitar:

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    What are you doing to the Standard @Boromedic?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5006
    Hey @thebreeze , Jon has put in a 50's wiring harness and a set of more vintage style pickups in for me. He's also installed an Earvana nut and given it a full set up, can't wait to get it back :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    Boromedic said:
    Hey @thebreeze , Jon has put in a 50's wiring harness and a set of more vintage style pickups in for me. He's also installed an Earvana nut and given it a full set up, can't wait to get it back :)
    That sounds really great.  I've struggled with LP's generally in the past and after a CC and a coupe of R8's, all sold along the way, I recently purchased a Standard from 2007.  I really like it and it's much more my thing - it's chambered and weighs something like 7.6lbs which is probably anathema to LP lovers.  The only thing about it which I do wonder about is whether I wouldn't prefer some mellower pickups.  It came with some Seymour Duncan Hotrods (or something like that?) and the original pickups were in the case (so I don't know what they're like) but one of my frustrations with LP's generally is how loud they get and how quickly - but I do see that that's also half the appeal.  I'm wondering if the mods you're having done help in this regard?