What’s your number one guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    This one is #1. It wasn't really floating above the Isle of Dominica. It was hanging from the washing line in my garden. 

These Ric 650s are so cool! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Boromedic said:

Or my R8, which is just simply an amazing guitar:

Very nice! @Boromedic ;
    Is that a lemon burst finish?

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5004
    thebreeze said:
    Boromedic said:
    Hey @thebreeze , Jon has put in a 50's wiring harness and a set of more vintage style pickups in for me. He's also installed an Earvana nut and given it a full set up, can't wait to get it back :)
    That sounds really great.  I've struggled with LP's generally in the past and after a CC and a coupe of R8's, all sold along the way, I recently purchased a Standard from 2007.  I really like it and it's much more my thing - it's chambered and weighs something like 7.6lbs which is probably anathema to LP lovers.  The only thing about it which I do wonder about is whether I wouldn't prefer some mellower pickups.  It came with some Seymour Duncan Hotrods (or something like that?) and the original pickups were in the case (so I don't know what they're like) but one of my frustrations with LP's generally is how loud they get and how quickly - but I do see that that's also half the appeal.  I'm wondering if the mods you're having done help in this regard?
    Hey mate, I've not had the Standard back yet so I don't know how different it sounds. My R8 has 50s wiring and lower output pickups and it seems more flexible in that regard, although the pickups still have a high enough output to rock out. Definitely less gain that the original 498t in my Standard though. Once I've played the Standard again I will let you know!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5004
    edited April 2020
    duotone said:
    Boromedic said:

Or my R8, which is just simply an amazing guitar:

Very nice! @Boromedic ;;
    Is that a lemon burst finish?

Thanks mate, yes dirty lemon for the win!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    Probably have 5 or 6 guitars I’d never sell, however this would be the one I’d be buried with. 

https://i.imgur.com/pWGmoo3.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    Either of these at the moment. 

2006 EJ and a 2016 EJ

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    This

https://i.imgur.com/85aR6VI.jpg

Custom built, a Beast of a Strat. HSS, but has the Push/Pull option of splitting on the Bridge. It also has Push/Pull that activates the Bridge Pick Up for 2 extra tone options.

Haussel Custom Pick Ups
    Gotoh Hardware
    Alder Body, Rosewood Board 5mm thick
    Oil/Wax Finished Maple Neck
    Clay Dot Markers
    16" Radius
    Originally a chunky 59 L.P type neck profile, but I had it slimmed down to a "C" Profile.

Awesome Rock Machine with the Humbucker and the most delightful Strat tones on all S.C Selections. So comfortable to play too.

I wouldn't have ordered it that Colour now though or with the White Plastic.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    Kylef said:
    Probably have 5 or 6 guitars I’d never sell, however this would be the one I’d be buried with. 

You do know that's a Chibson don't you!  =)

Seriously, lovely guitar! :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited April 2020
    Kylef said:

I'm afraid I'd have to dig you up. That's gorgeous
    Call me Dave.
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    edited April 2020
    This PRS S2 Singlecut Satin

http://imgur.com/gallery/zAuiUc4

Been my Number 1 since I bought it in November 2018. Nearly sold it at one point but must have been mad. Had two too many knobs on it but apart from that it's all stock....plenty of battle scars around the edges, amazing neck and sounds fantastic. It's the first guitar where I use all pickup positions regularly.  With both pickups on and the tone backed off to about 1.5 it sounds exactly like Leslie Wests early Mountain tone. I love it.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4261
    edited April 2020
    Far from the poshest guitar I’ve ever owned but this one does exactly what I need... so it’s number one

I still think that looks cool af. Did you keep the red pickups in it? I remember a thread when you first got it and a few people saying "It's great, but change the pickups!"
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I've actually changed my mind on this recently. I posted saying that all 3 of mine were, for different reasons. If I had to keep just one though, it would actually be the Performance. Wonderful neck, best sounds, proper Schaller Floyd and coolest looking:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4302
    I've actually changed my mind on this recently. I posted saying that all 3 of mine were, for different reasons. If I had to keep just one though, it would actually be the Performance. Wonderful neck, best sounds, proper Schaller Floyd and coolest looking:

Love performance guitars , never see them much here though ,vai had some beauties. I like valley arts too 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    For me the Strat is always number 1

https://i.imgur.com/qoWoYws.jpg

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    This one is #1. It wasn't really floating above the Isle of Dominica. It was hanging from the washing line in my garden. 

Had me fooled
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 486
    edited April 2020
    I’ve only got 4 but if I had to pick one it’d be my Reuben burst replica ... starting to age / fade / check nicely now 

• VintageVintage Frets: 97
    I think that can't exist a number one guitar. Every single guitar, gives some feedback and sensation. I love prs for versatility, Gibson for huge sounds, strat for clean sounds, ecc.

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 452
    edited April 2020

Given the amazing guitars on show in this thread I thought I should update my post with a pic of mine, a Lemonburst Feline Lion:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    edited April 2020
    My Novo Miris J which arrived this year before all this madness began!

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73037
    ^ I normally don't like those sort of retro/mash-up type designs at all, and especially not relic'ed, but that one really works.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom