best dual OD/Dist pedals ?

What's Hot

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3682
    I am currently GASsing very badly indeed for the Xotic AC+ and/or the BB+ both of which have two switches and an A>B or B<A option.

Thing is, I already have an Xotic SL Drive and a Mk.1 Guv'nor plus clones of a Mad Professor Sweet Honey and a Tech 21 Liverpool and a Boss Blues Driver. However, I don't have one with two switches so...why not?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    ICBM said:
    I'd tend to agree unless I absolutely had to save pedalboard space and/or power supply cable space. And that way you can choose exactly what you want for the two pedals. Plus if something goes wrong with your dual pedal you've lost two pedals.

That being said, I can definitely understand wanting to save space etc. too, and being able to fit an extra pedal onto your board would be cool. I'd probably have to get something custom-made, though, to get the 2 pedals I wanted into a 2-in-1 type pedal (most likely a timmy and a tubescreamer/sd1).
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 390
    2-channel Plexitone
  • ICBM;267529" said:
    I had the pleasure of trying that, though it was a keeley ds-1 with the usual seeing eye and ultra mods, and the sd-1 was modded with new components and had a switch on it for something else, maybe added gain. Still sounded near enough like stock.

Proper nice, both on is pure lead tone for anything from fusion to proper shred head metal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    I am currently GASsing very badly indeed for the Xotic AC+ and/or the BB+ both of which have two switches and an A>B or B<A option.

Thing is, I already have an Xotic SL Drive and a Mk.1 Guv'nor plus clones of a Mad Professor Sweet Honey and a Tech 21 Liverpool and a Boss Blues Driver. However, I don't have one with two switches so...why not?
    I have been warned that weirdly the AC+ and BB+ sound nothing like the AC and BB weirdly. Don't know if that would put you off.

• I am currently GASsing very badly indeed for the Xotic AC+ and/or the BB+ both of which have two switches and an A>B or B<A option.

I have been warned that weirdly the AC+ and BB+ sound nothing like the AC and BB weirdly. Don't know if that would put you off.
    I'd have thought that having an Xotic pedal that was a combination of RC/AC for instance would work well. (or RC/BB, AC/BB etc) Just to have something different to stack really.  

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Pro Guitar Shop did an Xotic Stacking Video 

• swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    edited June 2014

Absolutely right. Don't know about the AC+ but had a BB+ and now a BB Mid Boost. Didn't have the change to AB them but don't recall the BB+ being as good as the BB. The BB+ was quite harsh to my ears. The idea was very good anyhow as you could switch the stacking order and turn the comp on/off.

Funny nobody has mentioned the Wampler Hot Wired. Very good OD. Wasn't son fond of the high gain side.

My problem with dual pedals has always been the same: loved one of the sides but not cared about the other. Same happened with the FDII. Always end up stacking individual pedals. Somehow I gas over some dual pedal every now and then and close the circle selling it again.

+1 On the BoR. Wish you could change the cascading order too.
  • JeztoneJeztone Frets: 27
    Hi I owned the HT Dual & I loved it, but its very cheaply made, my footswitch broke & I had to rubber band the controls up. The ISF is great, but its not roadworthy IMHO, Im using a Goosoniqueworx 7thvn at the moment, thats very good with the AC30 but you have to run it at 12v to get it sounding fat, at 9v it seemed rather unremarkable. I hear things about the King Of Tone but its a lot of bread to put down. I tried the Bogner Red & loathed it, but these things are a matter of taste. I saw a guy gigging a while ago with the two RAT's in a box unit & he sounded great.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I owned the HT Dual - the original big brick bitch with a valve in it. It was quite decent. I couldn't quite get the refined gain out of it for my stuff, but it did make me wonder whether one of the other Blackstar pedals would've done it. I very nearly decided to go entirely pedals into an amp!!

But then quickly came to ma senses.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Anyone tried the Wampler Hot Wired Drive V2?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'm a big fan of the gt500, the new visual sound xo looks good too.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    Jeztone said:
    I saw a guy gigging a while ago with the two RAT's in a box unit & he sounded great.
    I might have been interested in one of those but I was a bit put off by the stupid name - "Deucetone"… why? If they'd just called it "Two Rats In A Box" I'd probably have bought one.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    Love pedal amp11!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    ICBM said:
    Jeztone said:
    I saw a guy gigging a while ago with the two RAT's in a box unit & he sounded great.
    I might have been interested in one of those but I was a bit put off by the stupid name - "Deucetone"… why? If they'd just called it "Two Rats In A Box" I'd probably have bought one.

It's a big enough case to fit your catchy name on it...

That's what actually put me off it. I don't want/need two rats but I'd like the switchy to go from rat to turbo etc. But they only put the switch on the deucetone.
  • Dave_Mc;269323" said:
    ICBM said:

Jeztone said:I saw a guy gigging a while ago with the two RAT's in a box unit & he sounded great.

It's a big enough case to fit your catchy name on it...

That's what actually put me off it. I don't want/need two rats but I'd like the switchy to go from rat to turbo etc. But they only put the switch on the deucetone.
    If only they did a proper one like the Mooer.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7054
    Toadworks Death Rattle?

Two drives and a boost. You don't see many about though.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 41
    Hey guys, I really like the TREX mudhoney and they also have the mudhoney 2 which is a dual distortion pedal- sounds great to my ears!
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    I haven't got one but i have played with a KOT before, sounded great. 

The Zvex box of rock is a great pedal too. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7054
    Previously known as stevebrum