We now have....

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27599
    Long may it continue. There's a renewed sense of vigour about this forum, which seemed to be ebbing away from MR towards the end. A fantastic achievement in such a short space of time. Well done guys!

Jalapeno said:
    Wot he said ^^^^^^^

Good job chaps !

On behalf of my absent colleagues, I will be happy to accept all the credit.

:D

But seriously, we (more "they" tbh) just built a shell.  Without everyone using it, it would have been an interesting challenge, but no more.  

You guys (& gals) are the ones who are really building it - creating the content, the inter-action, the feeling about the place.  Long may it continue.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

397 ...

I've been sat here hitting the "refresh" button waiting for member #400!

Though, if I hadn't banned & deleted all the spammy spammers (first blocking their IP addresses), we'd be closer to 500 by now.

Typical, I look away for 5 minutes, and people rush in without me noticing.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    Ignorant question perhaps, but how do the spammy spammers find us so quickly, we've only existed for just over a week.

( I have no idea which smiley represents confused so have this one)

:-B

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    So this is where you all are......Nice work Nick, I knew you'd end up ruling the World (of Guitars  :)  )
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    So this is where you all are......Nice work Nick, I knew you'd end up ruling the World (of Guitars  :)  )
    Cheers Dave 

Glad you found us!

Bit spiky yesterday ...

Our busiest-ever day yesterday.

29,621 page views in the day - nearly 2,000 higher than our previous highest (which was Monday last week).  That's 2 consecutive days of pretty significant growth.

:)

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26623
    TTony said:

Our busiest-ever day yesterday.

29,621 page views in the day - nearly 2,000 higher than our previous highest (which was Monday last week).  That's 2 consecutive days of pretty significant growth.

:)

Brilliant work :)

In related news, the server's still absolutely fine. We've used about 1.5GB of disk space, but 1.3GB of that is the server access log which we're not going to need once we get Google Analytics on the case.
    <space for hire>
     once we get Google Analytics on the case.
    Which reminds me ... to the dev list with that one!
    TTony said:
     once we get Google Analytics on the case.
    Which reminds me ... to the dev list with that one!
    I was just about to make that suggestion ;) It's a shame we don't already have it, because it would've been nice to know where all the extra traffic came from.
    <space for hire>
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    TTony;10772" said:
    Our busiest-ever day yesterday. 29,621 page views in the day - nearly 2,000 higher than our previous highest (which was Monday last week).  That's 2 consecutive days of pretty significant growth.:)

I was just wondering if you have any idea how that compares with the MR forum ?
    jaygtr said:

I don't have any actual data - though this place is starting to feel just as busy as the MR forums were towards the end.

The busy-ness is a little distorted IMHO (towards OT) and some sections (eg classifieds) are still quieter than they used to be, and we obviously don't have the depth of content yet for people to hunt through.

But close to 300k page views in a week and a half.  I'd have settled for that!

jaygtr said:
    TTony;10772" said:
    Our busiest-ever day yesterday. 29,621 page views in the day - nearly 2,000 higher than our previous highest (which was Monday last week).  That's 2 consecutive days of pretty significant growth.:)

No idea - and, really, there's no way to know without getting access to MR's access logs. Even Alexa doesn't look at the forum specifically, so there's no historical info there either.
    <space for hire>
    Just for the record...the last couple of weeks we've been averaging 20 - 25 members online. The last two days, it seems to have jumped to consistently over 30. That's got to be a good thing :)
    <space for hire>
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    .... for UK productivity
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919

Buts works alwasy really slow adn boring during august.  It will drop again come september and we all get busy again.

Buts works alwasy really slow adn boring during august.  It will drop again come september and we all get busy again.

I doubt it ... because we're still adding c15 new members every day ... :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I know everyone's probably bored of the updates, but we went over 30k page views yesterday. 31,466 to be exact.

Madness, I tell thee...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

21 new users signed up so far today (where are they all coming from??), taking the total to 551 (after I deleted about a dozen pathetic attempts at spam signups).

Biggest number of daily page views so far was yesterday (31,500 - nearly 2,000 more than our previous high).

Bigger and bigger.  Better and Better.

:) :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom