Fender and their strange void in their product

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• NikcNikc Frets: 629
    omg got my Tokai silver star yesterday it is fecking amazing maple neck 7.25 radius massive 70's headstock and it sounds awesome - the case is a beaut to ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12065
    FYI, the 80/20 I pulled that number out of my ass, I’ve done no market research.  It was merely to suggest “the minority”.

Instead the closest you could get to it was the CS ones. I'm still pretty sure the reason the Cabronita didn't become a core Fender model is they didn't give it the full vintage beans in MIM. I mean, imagine a RoadWorn model, Olympic White nitro, just a touch of a relic...

But here's the thing: I'm probably wrong about all of that.
    Funny point about MIM Road Worn, Olympic White, Nitro, a tough or Relic, I have one, 7.25” neck too, RW board, not Pau Ferro, 6point Trem, but a Strat not a Cabronita.
    I coveted the 60s RW strat for a while. I've owned a first-run tele and the short-lived Wayne Kramer strat (which was garbage). No disrespect to your strat but I would only have had an early one, the newer ones have a different relic job especially on the pickguard and I'm not into it. I also really wanted the mega-rare 72 deluxe roadworn tele in oly white. That was awesome.

I think it's one of the downsides of being a guitar gear nerd, is that you form your preferences into a kind of wishlist guitar, or amp, or whatever, and go looking for it, and it's so frustrating when you can't find it.

Weird thing is though is that on the few occasions I have found what I was looking for, I own it for a bit and then move it on. It's always the weird unexpected ones that stick around.
    Not sure when was the first year but the serial number dates mine to 2008.
    That's beautiful, mate.
    Cheers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17944
    tFB Trader