Comments

• shoodursshoodurs Frets: 35
    Not having a long enough thumb to get it over the top to fret the low E etc. Favourite songs in different tunings, cant be bothered tuning guitars and I keep forgetting the tunings grrr. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right now, static on a 72 Tele Custom MIM, drives me nuts, and my AC30 gets heavier every year.
    New Acoustics set up from factory with a 2" action at 12th fret. I've never met anyone who plays this high. I want an acoustic preset at 5/64s with a high saddle, and shims available if too low. Would double the lifespan of many acoustics  
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    Custom Shop prices
    The thinking that all things ‘Vintage’ ie. old are great

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    thegummy said:
    Rocker said:
    People who moan on guitar forums about the shape of the Epiphone headstock.  It is what it is so buy a Gibson if you can't live with the Epi version.
    I find it very strange that they'd care about the headstock being the "right" shape but be totally fine with the brand name being wrong
    I guess that they want it to be identical barring the Headstock Logo.
  • mooncatmooncat Frets: 122
    Taking so long to learn a song, That by the time you get it down your sick to death of it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mooncat said:
    Taking so long to learn a song, That by the time you get it down your sick to death of it.
    This is why I've never tried to learn some favourites. In my youth I lost my love of some songs by trying to learn them. They became tabs, riffs, practice - and stopped being music I could see as a whole. 

• eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
    thegummy said:
    Seeing a guitar player being discussed and "note choice" being mentioned as if it's just another aspect of technique, equal to tapping or hybrid picking.

When in reality note choice is the music and 99% of what matters.

"That Mozart had great note choice but how was his vibrato?"
    The lack of recognition of timing being just as important as note choice :)

You make a good point however.. 

More so, perhaps. 

The fact that people often spend 99% of their practice time on the thing required only about 1% of the time aka solos
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2330
    Thinking about it all of my peeves are with people not gear or music or my playing. Rics have a narrow neck, LPs have the wrong neck angle Telecasters are overrated. Not a problem. I dont like some music or bands but its; not rubbish I dont like it. I get complements on my playing and I dont tell them I've been playing since 1976.

So,,,

People who ask what my best price is and get upset when I tell them more than what I'm asking. 

Reaction videos wtf have you no actual talent that you have to gurn at videos of people who do? 

People who demo an overdrive with delay and reverb on it. And people who dont turn the delay off. 

People who buy a wah and then play it on all the songs. What else did you get for Christmas?

Band members who dont learn the songs. 

Band members who play in between songs. 

Videos that have an item of gear that I am interested in and I have to listen to 30 minutes of homoerotic naval gazing chat that starts with Mick here and Dan here. Just play the ****ing thing watch a Mike Hermans video that's how you do it. 

Cover-it's not a cover, you are playing along to a recording. You are not a creative musician just a jukebox. 

DJ;s who talk over the guitar solo or cut off the second bit or talk over the intro, I'm not a fan of Clapton but do not disrespect him by talking all over the last bit of Layla. 

Billy Gibbons hat because I want one and they are expensive. 

and Om Mani Padme Hum I'm ok now 

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited August 2020
    To add to that - "we play the songs our own way" which usually means "couldn't be arsed to do it properly or put a unique spin on it, so we're left with a song that people will half recognise"
  • StuobStuob Frets: 36
    "Band members who don`t learn the songs."

This,

for the love of ............

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    My pet peeve is how negative people can be online. This isn’t just forums (sometimes our own) but YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. 

People are negative just for the sake of it. Why do folk have digs at Marty Schwartz for example. So he’s not Guthrie Govan, I’m sure he will have never said he is but he’s plenty good enough to teach. 
    It’s the same with shows like that pedal show. Just don’t watch it if you don’t like it. There are loads of demos that will be up your street on YouTube. Yet for some reason people get very personal and critical of anyone who gains a career out of playing guitar online. 

The assumption that a Tele can do it all and that in some way other guitars can’t. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2330
    shaunm said:
    My pet peeve is how negative people can be online. This isn’t just forums (sometimes our own) but YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. 

People are negative just for the sake of it. Why do folk have digs at Marty Schwartz for example. So he’s not Guthrie Govan, I’m sure he will have never said he is but he’s plenty good enough to teach. 
    It’s the same with shows like that pedal show. Just don’t watch it if you don’t like it. There are loads of demos that will be up your street on YouTube. Yet for some reason people get very personal and critical of anyone who gains a career out of playing guitar online. 

The assumption that a Tele can do it all and that in some way other guitars can’t. 
    This is a very good point and my dig at TPS was intended as lighthearted. Some of those review videos are actually entertainment like top gear when it was good. So if I want a demo of a pedal I'll watch Mike Hermans, Andy Martin and Pete Thorn. If I'm bored and want entertainment I'll watch TPS Gearmandude and those two old guys with the  funny hats. I do actually miss captain and chapters they could be really funny.

And playing guitar is a lot better now than the 70s but this thread is actually asking for negativity so I apologise for being positive in this post.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    slacker said:
    shaunm said:

This is a very good point and my dig at TPS was intended as lighthearted. Some of those review videos are actually entertainment like top gear when it was good. So if I want a demo of a pedal I'll watch Mike Hermans, Andy Martin and Pete Thorn. If I'm bored and want entertainment I'll watch TPS Gearmandude and those two old guys with the  funny hats. I do actually miss captain and chapters they could be really funny.

And playing guitar is a lot better now than the 70s but this thread is actually asking for negativity so I apologise for being positive in this post.
    @slacker absolutely, this thread is after negativity. It was not at you that I meant my point but a general forum observation. Because we really are all guitar geeks (let’s face it, we are on an online forum discussing things that annoy us about the guitar world) we all can get quite negative about other geeks (Dan and Mick for example). I don’t say your comment was but I do think that a lot of the negativity I read on here is down to sour grapes rather than genuine critique. 

The same can be said of a couple of other folk mentioned by you. I won’t point them out as we know what happens to threads where the Andertons guys are mentioned. 

As you’ve said, it’s all entertainment, a bit of fun. However some of the things said at times are negative and insulting without cause. It’s a case of don’t like it? Don’t watch it?

Anyhow, I’ve put my guardian down and will get off my “why don’t we all just get along” soap box.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited November 2020
    Getting a string end stuck about an inch into your finger.
    I hear (and feel) that!    :'(
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    HAL9000 said:
    Pot metal
    Trussrod adjuster at the dusty end
    3TSB
    Yup, TRA at dusty end is a right pain! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited November 2020
    Trude said:
    Too much sex and drugs.

Don't get me wrong, it's great at first, but eventually it becomes a bit of a chore...
    I'm clearly not playing it right then!!  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    my guitar playing has definitely got me to the stage where i am positively over attractive to women, this has become an embarrassing hindrance where i am frequently fighting them off when letting them down gently is not an option. It has gotten so bad i may be tempted to take up the bass.
    I wished I shared your pain! =)  but I'd suggest bass can also be too sexy. If you really want to become a sexless turnoff, may I suggest...become a drummer! Lol  =) :)
    edited November 2020
    Fez said:
    Another one for relics I just don't get why anyone would buy a new instrument that is made to look knackered.
    I'm right with you. I like lightly aged on some guitars ie on an R8 or R9 or a CS Strat, as I think they look 'wrong' in high gloss and immaculate. But its heavy relics that I don't get..however, I appreciate and respect there is a big following for these, so each to their own.