Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Can you find out why you are on someone's "ignore" list?

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    @Hattigol & @munckee clearly get it and appreciate the point I am trying to make...

First and foremost this is the feedback section and that is what this is. Please don't get your backs up and take this in a negative manner. This should be seen as an improvement suggestion, not sour grapes, just a suggestion to make the ignore feature more transparent. 

I could see this turning into one of those "old boys" at the lodge threads, so I'll spell it out before the cloaks start charging.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent...

@MrBlueNose lists much stuff in the classifieds and many NGD threads to boot. @MrRedNose is an regular visitor of tFB and likes to comment and award frets on threads involving gear and doesn't mind the odd transaction in the classifieds to keep the wheels of the "used" market rolling...

@MrBlueNose doesn't particularly like the cut of @MrRedNose's jib for whatever reason (turns out he can't even remember so it must have been some really trivial or too many drams one night leading to him hitting the ignore button instead of message by accident - thanks @fretmeister didn't know that myself. Silly place for a contrasting button me thinks... Another suggestion would be to move this button in isolation, but I digress...)

Back to the scenario...

@MrBlueNose has a new NGD thread
    @MrRedNose Likes and shows his appreciation 

@MrBlueNose has a guitar for sale
    @MrRedNose is very interested and fires a few questions...

@MrBlueNose does not respond but does respond to others
    @MrRedNose shrugs it off and think maybe he didn't see his comment amongst all the others and said guitar sells a few weeks later

@MrBlueNose lists an amp
    @MrRedNose awards a Wow and comments as he is looking for one of these and wants to know the year of manufacture

@MrBlueNose sells the amp without responding to @MrRedNose
    @MrRedNose thinks he's been beaten to it 

@MrBlueNose list a pedal 
    @MrRedNose has been looking for this for years, so comments and this time after no response to his question decides to message @MrBlueNose and gets this:

"Unable to create conversation, @MrBlueNose is ignoring you."

So finally @MrRedNose has an understanding as to why his comments have not been registering with @MrBlueNose.

Now if the same or similar message  ("Unable to save comment, @MrBlueNose is ignoring you.") could have popped up when @MrRedNose was commenting on the various posts by @MrBlueNose then this would have saved @MrRedNose the bother of even thinking he could have himself a nice amp/guitar/pedal etc. 

So that is my suggestion. Hope it is clear now... Also would make sense to have the same popup if you try to award frets to members who are ignoring you.

No. 

For reasons already highlighted.

We will never allow members to control the content that other members can or can’t create.

In your scenario imagine MrRedNose started Friday Humour. MrBlueNose enjoys contributing to it. MrRedNose doesn’t like MrBlueNoses jokes as they get more lols than his, so he puts him on ignore, and MrBlueNose can’t post in that thread anymore. 

Same goes for a lot of long-standing threads. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    JJ Funkfingers said:
    I do not think that it is possible to accidentally add anyone to your Ignore List. You either type out the member’s userID in full or select it from a list that the software presents, based on the characters you have typed so far. (Same as when tagging somebody.)

I suppose that it would be possible to select hastily and/or carelessly from the software-generated list. 

I suspect that anyone sufficiently vexed to put another member on such a list would be motivated to select the correct name.
    Not true.

click on any member name. Top right is the ignore button. 
    No typing needed.
    I bet we all clicked on @fretmeister s profile to check ;)

Good tip i didn't know about that.  Cheers
    I am very sure I'm on plenty of people's ignore list already.

And I'm perfectly happy with that. No different to any other part of life we like the company of some people, we quite like others in small doses, we tolerate some we have to tolerate, and there are those we'd be happy if we never saw again.

It's no drama at all - it's just human nature.

The OP's view of wanting to know who doesn't like them is odd to me. Doesn't have to be a specific event, some people we just don't get on with. No fault on either side.

No one walks into a pub to demand to a show of hands!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    In your scenario imagine MrRedNose started Friday Humour. MrBlueNose enjoys contributing to it. MrRedNose doesn’t like MrBlueNoses jokes as they get more lols than his, so he puts him on ignore, and MrBlueNose can’t post in that thread anymore. 
    Fair point 1 

edited August 2020
    I am very sure I'm on plenty of people's ignore list already.

And I'm perfectly happy with that. No different to any other part of life we like the company of some people, we quite like others in small doses, we tolerate some we have to tolerate, and there are those we'd be happy if we never saw again.

It's no drama at all - it's just human nature.

The OP's view of wanting to know who doesn't like them is odd to me. Doesn't have to be a specific event, some people we just don't get on with. No fault on either side.

**IGNORE** lol 

I made my point above but you obviously have your opinion about liking etc.. It's not the playground, it's not about liking etc, just thought it would make sense and save wasting time as per my scenario.... but I guess some people only want to read/hear what they choose and not consider anything other than what is in their tiny mind. Now please do us a favour and hit the ignore button :lol: 

• SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    I agree, one user should not be able to block another user from adding to or reading threads. It would end up with cliques and multiple threads on the same subject with the "I can't post on that Peter Green thread as the OP blocked me" excuse, which is more hassle than the mods deserve. I don't care if I am being ignored by anyone, but it would be interesting to know, and useful in the classifieds. One the subject of commenting on other threads, its not just the OP who would read it. As the spam threads show, some questions are useful and worth asking regardless of the OP.

Facetious idea: Along with the "frets" the user could have an ignore count, so anyone can see how many people one user is ignoring, or being ignored by.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    <SNIP>

Speak for yourself! :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4917
    I think that if you block/ignore someone, then you should not be able to see or comment on their posts and vice-versa.

Of course, you may be able to see their quoted replies in other people's posts.

I tend to ignore people if they get personal rather than discussing the topic; I did have one forum where that was the norm and when the forum owner joined in with it, I decided to not bother anymore.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Maybe you should be more like @mrbrownnose...

that way everyone would like you and you wouldn’t get ignored :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Nitefly said:
    munckee said:
    You should never have said that stuff about my mum, even if it is true...

I don’t think you can find out. You can pm me their details and I will pm them and see why?
    @lovestrat74 did you take up that offer from @munckee ?  It would save time and effort...

Yes? No? Do you have me on Ignore?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    The real name of Mr. BlueNose is Stimpson J. Cat.  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Nitefly said:
    Nitefly said:
    munckee said:
    You should never have said that stuff about my mum, even if it is true...

I don’t think you can find out. You can pm me their details and I will pm them and see why?
    @lovestrat74 did you take up that offer from @munckee ?  It would save time and effort...

Yes? No? Do you have me on Ignore?

As above... "@MrBlueNose doesn't particularly like the cut of @MrRedNose's jib for whatever reason (turns out he can't even remember so it must have been some really trivial or too many drams one night leading to him hitting the ignore button instead of message by accident..."
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    I ignored someone after they got personal and evoked a full throated '**** off' from me. Funnily enough they were perma kicked a week later after continuing to be a noob. 
  • I wish I could have more than 5 on my ignore list. I've got all 5 Modmins ignored, if only I could have 15,000 and put everyone on ignore.  =)

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I’ve just managed to get my ignore list down to 1 after hiding the Coronavirus sub section :D
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    Is it possible to put words on the ignore list, for example MILF, Telecaster and Sweden?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    slacker said:
    Is it possible to put words on the ignore list, for example MILF, Telecaster and Sweden?
    Bigsby as well.
  • The best way to find out why you're on someone's ignore list is to constantly be an arsehole like I am, and then you'll always know!! :lol:

(anyone wisdoming this drinks piss - slowly produced piss, but piss all the same)

Bye!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I wish I could have more than 5 on my ignore list. I've got all 5 Modmins ignored, if only I could have 15,000 and put everyone on ignore.  =)
    We have received a message from some Lawyers trying to contact you about a £1m inheritance you are due. 

But we are on ignore, so... 

...you’ll never know why you got chucked in the cooler.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    anyone wisdoming this drinks piss - slowly produced piss, but piss all the same
    Surely, a “wisdom” fret would be awarded in recognition of something not already known.  ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • anyone wisdoming this drinks piss - slowly produced piss, but piss all the same
    Surely, a “wisdom” fret would be awarded in recognition of something not already known.  ;)
    SILENCE! PISS DRINKER!

Bye!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom