Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The NFL Thread (may contain spoilers!)

What's Hot

Comments

• Ah, New York Giants. As much as things change, they stay the same. Woeful.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    crunchman said:
    Atlanta at Dallas....wow

They seem to be the masters of choking away a big lead.

Herbert was impressive last night for the Chargers.  Looks like he belongs.
    I missed most of the Chargers game as I was trying to sleep before SNF, but good to see him getting it done. I feel for T-Mobile though as I have a soft spot for him, but I don’t think he’ll win the starting job bsck if Herbert keeps playing like he did last night. 

Could have done without the late drama in the Sunday night game! 

The Greg the Leg’s onside kick in the Dallas/ATL game was a thing of beauty. Falcon’s gonna Falc. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    Cranky said:

I think the question of who does better without the other between Belichick and Brady is the most interesting part.  The former is a defensive guru, so it might not matter at all to him who the QB is.  Belichick was always content to keep a game close.  Whereas Brady has won with three different offensive coordinators.  Tampa's not so tight of a ship as New England, that might work against Brady if he can't get some discipline instilled and maybe some extra check-down crossing routes going.

Saying Brady is done is an overstatement.  Saying he's on the decline is obvious.

Look at how badly he underthrew that flea flicker against Carolina.

It will only get worse as the season goes on.

Brees looks like he's done as well.  The NFC South is not looking all that strong at the moment.
  • crunchman said:
    Atlanta at Dallas....wow

They seem to be the masters of choking away a big lead.

Indeed...

The momentum shift since that Julio's drop for TD followed by one-hand catch by Cowboys. Very watchable game though...
  • Atlanta blowing a lead, Giants losing by 3 scores to a practice squad, Lamar being schooled by Mahomes.

Some things never change.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I doubt Atlanta will get a lead to blow this week against the Packers.

Steelers game against the Titans on Sky this week.  I'll have to buy a one day Now TV pass.
    Atlanta blowing a lead, Giants losing by 3 scores to a practice squad, Lamar being schooled by Mahomes.

Some things never change.
    You missed ‘seahawks causing unnecessary cardiac arrest for their fans’ 
  • Who's getting fired first in New York? Gettleman or Gase?
    Who's getting fired first in New York? Gettleman or Gase?

Probably Gase.  Coaches get canned in season but very rarely GMs.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Eventful night....Dak Prescott’s injury was pretty nasty to watch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Was getting my daughters to bed so didn't watch much of the late games.

The Raiders seem to be improving.

San Francisco seem to have collapsed.

Not sure what is up with the Browns at 4-1, although they have played some weak teams.  As a Steelers fan, I'm hoping they pick next week to revert to normal.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1798
    Come on the Dolphins! Great game last night. Admittedly a weakened 49ers team but Miami player really well. 
    the_jaffa said:
    Come on the Dolphins! Great game last night. Admittedly a weakened 49ers team but Miami player really well. 

What was Fitzmagic doing 10 years ago?  Somebody could have built a contender around him.

What young quarterbacks are there now who have untapped potential?
    crunchman said:
    the_jaffa said:

What was Fitzmagic doing 10 years ago?  Somebody could have built a contender around him.

I think the thing with Fitz is he is a tad hit and miss. As I saw written somewhere "he only has two speeds; Fitzmagic and Fitztragic" which seems about right. He's definitely very good when he good but can suddenly get sloppy and make a load of dodgy passes and interceptions.

He'll be a fantastic mentor to Tua though who is sat back learning at the moment.
  • crunchman said:

There are a few young QB's at teams that aren't great. Minshew has his moments. Sam Darnold's looks terrible at times but seems to have a few moments. I'm not sure about Giants Daniel Jones though.
    crunchman said:

Not sure what is up with the Browns at 4-1, although they have played some weak teams.  As a Steelers fan, I'm hoping they pick next week to revert to normal.
    Myles Garrett seems to be one of the best defensive players this season, and the Browns have 2 in form RB's in Chubb and Kareem, then with OBJ rediscovering some form their offensive play is better than it was last season.

I saw that as it happened. :(
    Made me feel physically sick. He was in great form as well, I hope he can make a recovery.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

I saw that as it happened.
    Made me feel physically sick. He was in great form as well, I hope he can make a recovery.
    I was as well, real nasty to watch live, especially as I'd be watching the Washington game with Al;ex Smith back on the field earlier in the evening.

My son's a Cowboys fan but he was tucked up in bed. I wasn't sure if I should warn him, but he'd woken up early this morning  to watch the 40min version on Gamepass before school. That cut straight from Dak first signalling to the sideline that he was hurt striaght to the next play with Dalton at QB, so he didn't really know how bad it was (he has since seen the whole sequence with him being carted off in tears).

Glad there were fans in the stadium to give him the standing ovation.
    Jim Nantz and Tony Romo like ‘looks like a bit of cramp’...errrr fellas...

another Sunday another Heartattack inducing game from Seattle. FFS. Lucky to escape, thank god For Russell Wilson, in all my years it’s nice to finally have a HOF worthy QB for the first time since the 80’s (Respect to Matt Hasselbeck who I love and who should also have a Super Bowl ring, but Russ is about 5 or 6 levels above Hass at his peak). 
    edited October 2020
    Interesting move. Fitz has been playing pretty well this season but still has his foibles. Tua didn't really get a chance to show on Sunday but with the way that Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert have played for their teams this season it makes some sense to give him a go.

Fingers crossed!

One of the weird things I have noticed is that most of the commentators call him Tungavailoa when it's spelt Tagovailoa. I don't know if they're saying it right and it is a translation thing or whether they are just wrong.