Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb (And Twin) Review

What's Hot

Comments

• Sammy said:
    Yes mate, software down load is a piece of cake ! 

Thanks just ordered with a 10% pre Black Friday discount! ;)
    Where did you order from, if you don’t mind me asking?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sammy said:

Try the code VIPBF10 at PMT
  • SammySammy Frets: 129
    edited November 2020
    Sammy said:

Thanks just ordered with a 10% pre Black Friday discount!

VIPBF10 at PMT is for pre Black Friday should work, worked for me, as my friend passed it onto me who is a VIP member.
    Plus I found out by checking on their Warranties PMT give a 2 year guarantee, unlike others with just the 1 Year! :)
  • adampeter said:
    Sammy said:

Try the code VIPBF10 at PMT
    Nice.....thank you! 

• Sammy said:
    Sammy said:

Thanks just ordered with a 10% pre Black Friday discount!

VIPBF10 at PMT is for pre Black Friday should work, worked for me, as my friend passed it onto me who is a VIP member.
    Plus I found out by checking on their Warranties PMT give a 2 year guarantee, unlike others with just the 1 Year! :)
    Brill... might give it a go if someone buys one of my amps quickly!
  • Ah bugger, the blonde is out of stock at PMT at the min....
    Ah bugger, the blonde is out of stock at PMT at the min....

Andertons said they might be doing deals on amps on Friday and also maybe GAK, both reasonable to deal with. PMT I believe are giving 10% off everything on Friday with just code BF10, so you could try and see if Andertons or GAK will match price, as they probably haven't got time to check if PMT have actually got it in stock, with evreything being mostly done online Friday,  plus reduced staff re covid! ;)
  • Sammy said:
    Ah bugger, the blonde is out of stock at PMT at the min....

Andertons said they might be doing deals on amps on Friday and also maybe GAK, both reasonable to deal with. PMT I believe are giving 10% off everything on Friday with just code BF10, so you could try and see if Andertons or GAK will match price, as they probably haven't got time to check if PMT have actually got it in stock, with evreything being mostly done online Friday,  plus reduced staff re covid! ;)
    Cheers for the heads up....might just give it a try!
    Great service from PMT, said it would be with me today within 10am -11am came at 10.05am! The box was massive had a struggle dragging it through the door, not heavy just big. Really well packed and couldn't believe how light it was considering the size, easily as light if not lighter than my Quilter which is half the size with just an 8"speaker.

Plugged in and straight away sounded great, and felt like a Tube amp same as the Quilter. Quickly tried my two Teles and Semi and went through the attentuator, to be honest hardly noticed an difference in sound level until I set it at 1watt or below.
    1 watt & .5watt both seem good for home use, but .2 sounds a bit like your playing through a Tin Can as you sort of hear the acoustic sound of your guitar as well. Vibrato is really great but Reverb is just too much as it comes on with an almost full sound immediately, you can't tone it down and looks like the bright switch, which is set to on on the Black model, will have to go, as just too much sharpness on the top strings. So will have to do the firmware update on these two mods, which are already standard on the Cream model.

First impressions, sounds as good and I actually think better than the Valve Deluxe, as you also get more clean headroom before breakup than on the valve model, that is one reason why I never got one to play live and eventually got the Carr Rambler, which on first impressions, the Tonemaster is just as good.  :)

Will give a further update once I have had more of a chance to test it out plus have done the updates.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm following this with interest.  I'm a Quilter user (Micropro HD).  Since I got the Quilter 3 or 4 years ago no other amp has made it to a gig.  I use it as a pedal platform and it does everything I need it to do. I have amps that offer different flavours, but not enough to make me want to lug double the weight or more. 

So my thinking has been, sell my surplus amps and get another reserve/alternative that at least has a chance of making it to a gig.  I'd probably have gone for another Quilter, in fact I had my eye on an OD200 plus lightweight cab, but I got intrigued when the TMs were released.  I suspect if it sounded as good as the Quilter - still a big if - it'd make most gigs based on looks alone.  Not that the look of an amp is a big deal for me - the Quilter isn't a great looking thing in daylight but actually looks quite cool with its lit controls on a dark stage.  But everything else being equal, the TMs are prettier amps.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    Before I do the updates, does anyone know if you can do a reverse re the bright switch mod, if I prefer it to how it was?
  • Sammy said:
    Before I do the updates, does anyone know if you can do a reverse re the bright switch mod, if I prefer it to how it was?
    Yes, you can switch between different firmwares - just do the same process again using the other file
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sammy said:
    Yes, you can switch between different firmwares - just do the same process again using the other file

Thanks for the info thats great now no worries of trying it! :)
    Bugger just went to do the download using my Focusrite USB lead which is a mini to normal and found it didn't fit and needs a Micro USB 2.0 Type B, whatever that is, according to others who have found the same issue!
    You would have thought Fender would have supplied a USB lead with the amp, considering the actual USB lead required is not even mentioned in their own Manual! :s
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    edited December 2020
    That's just your older USB cable that works with android phones, kindles etc I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Given that they're not exactly short of space in the chassis, you wonder why they didn't fit a proper full-size one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yeah it was confusing why they put this little port on the underside of the chassis, fiddlt too. But at least the process was daily painless 
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    One of these has come up locally to me (in Aus) for the equivalent of £400 ... hmmmmmm
    cm01 said:
    One of these has come up locally to me (in Aus) for the equivalent of £400 ... hmmmmmm

I would snap it up quick at that price! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    cm01 said:

I paid £650 and I thought that was a decent deal. £400 is a steal