Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb (And Twin) Review

What's Hot

Comments

• Question on these - if you send the XLR out to a PA desk, does that cut the speaker or can you still use it as a "monitor"?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Question on these - if you send the XLR out to a PA desk, does that cut the speaker or can you still use it as a "monitor"?
    No it doesn’t cut the speaker... it’s independent 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    For anyone currently in the market, GuitarGuitar have just listed a used Deluxe Reverb at £699 delivered - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/pxp210105365538006-6076713--fender-tonemaster-deluxe-reverb-amp-pre-owned-b-7832
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited March 2021
    Wow! A big thread. Am thinking about one of these as a rehearsal and gigging amp. I love my Blackstar Artisan but it’s over 100lbs in weight in its flightcase. How are they as a pedal platform? I tend to play loud and clean with lots of headroom. I have all the dirt in the pedals. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Does the tone change on the TM Deluxe as the volume goes up in the same way as a valve Deluxe does? A valve Deluxe will go from scooped to more pleasing fuller mids as the volume increases.

• PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Does the tone change on the TM Deluxe as the volume goes up in the same way as a valve Deluxe does? A valve Deluxe will go from scooped to more pleasing fuller mids as the volume increases.
    Dave Simpson has a new unboxing video on his channel, he gives it a good play- might be of help to you. Sounds good too.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    jeztone2 said:
    Wow! A big thread. Am thinking about one of these as a rehearsal and gigging amp. I love my Blackstar Artisan but it’s over 100lbs in weight in its flightcase. How are they as a pedal platform? I tend to play loud and clean with lots of headroom. I have all the dirt in the pedals. 
    My TM Twin takes pedals really well. I’ve not had it up to stage volumes yet, but I expect good results. That In The Blues guy on YT has reviewed it as a gig pedal platform, so might be worth checking out that vid.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Ask Zac did an update recently with the blonde one, I'm no Fender expert but this sounds very Fendery/telecastery/Stonesy to me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    Dave Simpson was sent one of these to try by Lee Andertons because he’s been wanting to try one for ages and guess what ?
    He loves it So  it’s staying.
    https://youtu.be/KHSzC81EXfI
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    I'm gassing super hard for one of these at the moment... Having just sold a 68 custom! The tonemaster strikes me as more usable day to day, while not really sacrificing tone. But that's all based off YT demos, can't wait to try one when shops reopen. @Wazmeister you still digging yours?
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Mudcrutch said:
    Dave Simpson was sent one of these to try by Lee Andertons because he’s been wanting to try one for ages and guess what ?
    He loves it So  it’s staying.
    https://youtu.be/KHSzC81EXfI
    Man. What a great review. The sounds he's getting out of that thing! He's great. It's so far off what I need and well above what I'm worthy of but god damn I'd like to own one.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941

Man. What a great review. The sounds he's getting out of that thing! He's great. It's so far off what I need and well above what I'm worthy of but god damn I'd like to own one.
    Haha!! That’s me to a “T”.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    PhilW1 said:

Haha!! That’s me to a “T”.
    It'd certainly overshadow my current stable ( a THR10 and a Fly!)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    I'm gassing super hard for one of these at the moment... Having just sold a 68 custom! The tonemaster strikes me as more usable day to day, while not really sacrificing tone. But that's all based off YT demos, can't wait to try one when shops reopen. @Wazmeister you still digging yours?
    Yes mate !

Perfect home amp, great with the band at rehearsal when I don’t feel like lugging the Matchless around.

Fender have nailed it, imho.
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    You're not helping me, here...  =)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    I’m guessing Lee’s marketing ploy Send one to Dave Simpson To love like gravy Cover him in butter worked for sales to shift old stock.

• Mudcrutch said:
    I’m guessing Lee’s marketing ploy Send one to Dave Simpson To love like gravy Cover him in butter worked for sales to shift old stock.

Err what? 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    Mudcrutch said:

I mean it says paid promotion so yeah...
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    A TM deluxe reverb had pushed my number one to number two, it’s a cracking amp on all fronts.