Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shocked and appalled

What's Hot

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    axisus said:
    Voxman said:
    ... calling me a scaredy cat and running away when I said I was leaving the group
    There's your problem.

Here's what you do when you leave a sh*te group, you exit quietly via the back door and don't look back.
    Quite right, should have done. Have a wis!  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw a thing recently where a guy on twitter turned things around with people trolling him by complimenting them. There were some screenshots of a conversation where someone had said something racist, and he complimented their teeth, asked if they'd had them whitened and it turned into a nice conversation. Not easy to do, and not necessarily suitable in this instance, but a refreshing change!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think when I read this thread about the sort of rubbish that goes on in other forums, I realised what a friendly and supportive place the Fretboard is. It’s something I had sort of taken for granted... but I now have a new appreciation for this forum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    Derren Brown’s twitter is a masterclass on how to handle trolls. He’s hilarious.

Im at the point now where I’ve left twitter and will leave Facebook soon enough. Too many nutters and troll farms. My local secondhand sales page has been infiltrated by people trying to slag off the young. It’s total divide and rule. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7247
    InactiveX said:
    To think all this was set up to allow a few dozen scientists to speak to each other. And they all knew each other anyway.

Fuck Facebook.

In fairness Facebook was set up by an incel to perv on women. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a sad state of affairs mate. I signed up to a local cycling group. All I wanted to know was what roads etc were closed and issues concerning cycling. Instead you get bombarded with holier than thou cyclist's and smug opinions regarding "fat motorists" etc etc. 
    A lot can be said for just walking away, logging off etc. Sad to hear you had such a terrible experience, 90% of it is to do with the faceless nature of it. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    edited September 2020
    DrJazzTap said:
    It's a sad state of affairs mate..... Sad to hear you had such a terrible experience, 90% of it is to do with the faceless nature of it. 
    I'm a big boy and I'll just leave this guy to rule his little kingdom and behave like a 5 year old. I was just shocked and taken aback that a supposed adult behaves in such a way. 

And you are quite right 're the faceless nature. The guy's working across the pond from the safety of his studio in the US. It's another thing entirely when you are physically face to face as if you act in that way in front of someone you risk being chastised by them.... and possibly with more than just words! Lol. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    InactiveX said:
    To think all this was set up to allow a few dozen scientists to speak to each other. And they all knew each other anyway.

Fuck Facebook.

In fairness Facebook was set up by an incel to perv on women. 

I was referring to the internet in general. But you're quite correct!
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • @Voxman ; was it Jason?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    jeztone2 said:
    Derren Brown’s twitter is a masterclass on how to handle trolls. He’s hilarious.

In his book he has a section which says:

"If you have any feedback on this book please feel free to write me a letter, fold it up tightly and pop it up your bottom"
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6171
    I had a similar experience to the OP on the Fender HRX page on Facebook.

To be honest nothing much ever happened but occassinsaly somebody would ask about mods, particularly about the volume control.

I once had the audacity to reply and mention I'd installed the Fromel mod kit to my DeVille and how it had made a vast improvement to the amp.

Oh my goodness!  You'd think I'd just advocated Hilary for president in a Deep South redneck bar; the amount of bigotry and abuse I received in reply was unreal.

I didn't hang around long, just left them to it.  

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2020
    @Voxman ;;; was it Jason?
    I can neither confirm nor deny but whats the surname or last initial of the person you were thinking of? 
  • Voxman said:
    @Voxman ;;; was it Jason?
    I can neither confirm nor deny but whats the surname or last initial of the person you were thinking of? 

the fact i'm onto something with the firstname pretty much "CON"firms my thought
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

edited September 2020
    Voxman said:
    @Voxman ;;;;;;;;;; was it Jason?

the fact i'm onto something with the firstname pretty much "CON"firms my thought
    I can neither CONfirm nor deny    but if that persons initials were JC (not saying either way of course) then those initials might help explain why he thinks he's the tone Messiah and God's gift.     =)

Say no more  Monty python Monty python flying circus Python
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Just name and shame if the guy is an asshat.

You don't need to be coy.
    edited September 2020
    Just name and shame if the guy is an asshat.

You don't need to be coy.
    LOL - I'm too much of a gentleman so I'll let folk come to their own CONclusions   I'm sure if you PM'd @bloodandtears he'd be happy to share who he thinks it is. 

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6317
    DrJazzTap said:
     90% of it is to do with the faceless nature of it. 
    A lot of the unpleasantness on the internet would be solved by users having to log in using their real name and their address being a mouse click away. Probably not feasible for a host of reasons but in a perfect world...

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience @Voxman. Incidents like that can leave you shaken even though you don't even know the perpetrator and they don't know you. In a face to face confrontation I tend to think he would have behaved very differently.

Fretboard is my only social media and I have zero desire to broaden my acquaintance with other groups. Some of the stuff I read on YouTube is vile, esp in the right wing vs libs world; the lack of respect and basic decency is depressing and the contempt seems genuine on both sides.
    edited September 2020
    JezWynd said:
    DrJazzTap said:
     90% of it is to do with the faceless nature of it. 
    A lot of the unpleasantness on the internet would be solved by users having to log in using their real name and their address being a mouse click away. Probably not feasible for a host of reasons but in a perfect world...

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience @Voxman. Incidents like that can leave you shaken even though you don't even know the perpetrator and they don't know you. In a face to face confrontation I tend to think he would have behaved very differently.

Fretboard is my only social media and I have zero desire to broaden my acquaintance with other groups. Some of the stuff I read on YouTube is vile, esp in the right wing vs libs world; the lack of respect and basic decency is depressing and the contempt seems genuine on both sides.
    Thanks Jezz, although I wasn't shaken - just angry, shocked and appalled at the tirade & abuse and 5yr old playground mentality from someone that clearly has a massive insecurity complex, with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Empire State Building, a super-inflated ego, and who is arrogant, condescending, obnoxious, totally lacking in humility, empathy and social skills, and downright rude.  The individual does use his real name on his FB site which relates to certain music gear. He has a lot of followers who hang on to his every word and to be fair he gives away some free stuff (as well as selling other stuff).

I'm not specifically naming the individual as (a) I don't want the Fretboard to be exposed in any way, (b) I've accepted that he's just an utter and complete dick with a messiah complex, and (c) I honestly wish him no harm and life's too short to waste time on him.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1741
    InactiveX said:

Fuck Facebook.
    My brother in law ,a learned professor , is one of these .He has never used the internet  such as us mere mortals do since.He just gives a superior smirk .i had to show him once how to remove a stuck screw in a door hinge .It never occured to him to just whack the slot with a screwdriver and hammer .He admitted as such .I said just keep pumping out the math Prof  and leave door hanging to the real experts ...or look it up on the internet .

• LogieLogie Frets: 449
    I had a similar CONfrontation with Mr JC on his new Pod Go Uncensored Fb page( if that is he who is alluded to :) ). I joined for about an hour and in that time he called someone who couldn't defend himself an idiot so I casually suggested it wasn't particularly adult and it all went downhill rapidly. Douchebag and snowflake were his first insults and I just thought "fuck this" and left. All in an hour :) He's an immature, dense, cockwomble with a god complex....if that's the guy you're talking about!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom