Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shocked and appalled

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• There have been a few instances of celebrities getting abusive comments online & then turning up at the offender's house with a camera crew. I think just about every one of them that I've seen has been a teenage or early twenties man, barely able to make eye contact and absolutely mortified that they've been called out.

I find it bizarre, personally: I always try & treat people the way I'd like to be treated, no matter how I'm talking to them. I don't understand the mindset of being able to say anything you like with no consequences, just because it's a screen & not a person 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972

I find it bizarre, personally: I always try & treat people the way I'd like to be treated, no matter how I'm talking to them. I don't understand the mindset of being able to say anything you like with no consequences, just because it's a screen & not a person 
    Big +1 And ditto. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Sounds to me like Mr Tone God is just another one of life's narcissists, not worth trying to argue or reason with them as they're too full of self importance. Just rise above it and move on.
  • I think some people feel threatened by dissenting (or just other) opinions. Perhaps even more so when they likely have a commercial interest in appearing to be an expert.

Looking at his pics on his facebook profile he was never going to have a commercial interest in deodorant, unless his day job is delivery driver for Boots, so I say let him have his corner of the internet where he can rule absolutely on the subject of whatever. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6463
    Thought this was about a new Roger McGough poem ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    I had first hand experience of these kind of guys. I was invited a few years back to moderate the biggest collection of Fender FB groups. We had hundred of thousands of members and quite a few well known players and builders in there. It started off as fun but one by one the other mods and group 'owner' left me to run the whole show. If I left it for a few hours I would come back to several hundred notifications and applications to wade through. It was like a full time job and unpaid of course. I was literally spending several hours a day on the varying pages. The vast majority of members were American and policing their crazy gun, poltical and religious antics was a nightmare. I received threats of physical abuse and worse. The spammers were relentless and some of the posts were graphically disturbing and required reporting to the authorities. One guy insisted in posting pics of his guitars adorned with explicitly modified children's unclothed dolls. He'd be removed then carry on with different profiles.
    HOWEVER, all of that paled in comparison to the idiot who was the admin with his power crazy/god complex . He'd spend his time telling me how he would have tackled the situation and then vanish again to do his day job which was guitar related. He thought he was a guru and so business savvy but admitted that he'd often struggle to pay the rent despite trying his best to sell his product to the named members of the group. The best bit was he worked out of an attic that for most of summer was too hot to be in, so he'd be unable to work.
    Needless to say whilst it was nice to be dealing with some 'household' guitar names and makers (keen to promote themselves) I bailed after a year, the members were not the problem just the other people running the group. I know also that some of the other groups are also run by other deluded power crazed people. I guess you have to ask yourself why would you bother doing it in the first place...its just a power thing. Nasty. I left all the other guitar groups on FB and am now just a member/mod of a couple private groups that are run collectively by a handful of well heeled sensible guitar collectors and pro's, the numbers are kept smaller and its all very civilised.
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Sounds like the kind of frustrated angry guy who is sat in his bedroom ranting at the world till his mum comes in to tell him his dinner’s ready and to put his underpants in the washbasket