Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shocked and appalled

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave8Dave8 Frets: 368
    Sounds to be a familiar story with these people with a little internet fame. 

The whole guitar/YouTube thing is just a big selling tool... by tools. Funny how everyone posts the same review of the same pedal/amp/module on the same day. And they are always the best things since the last talent booster. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What's a Facebook?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    Logie said:
    I had a similar CONfrontation with Mr JC on his new Pod Go Uncensored Fb page( if that is he who is alluded to :) ). I joined for about an hour and in that time he called someone who couldn't defend himself an idiot so I casually suggested it wasn't particularly adult and it all went downhill rapidly. Douchebag and snowflake were his first insults and I just thought "fuck this" and left. All in an hour :) He's an immature, dense, cockwomble with a god complex....if that's the guy you're talking about!

Yup, that's him! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25100
    I'd never heard of this guy before, but I've just found his YouTube channel and one of his Facebook pages - first thing I saw was a big paragraph bragging about his music biz experience, all the big stars he's worked with in the studio, etc.  And a bit along the lines of "I'm not saying I know everything... but I do".  What a knob.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited September 2020
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the support and reassuring to know that I'm not alone regarding my views of Mr JC's behaviour.   
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Sounds like a certain Helix FB group I joined and left in fairly short time 3 years back - and these guys always seem to have their followers and sycophants who gang up on anyone who challenges or disagrees with their messiah...

• stratologystratology Frets: 181
    edited September 2020
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 837
    Stepping back a bit. Background. I've never been a twitter facebook user and I only have a £30 dumbphone. Wife and I share her iPhone for WhatsApp for family and friends. WhatsApp is a boon. We use Portal fot screen chats but not much. I prefer newspapers for news and comment and out of BBC, Sky, ITV and Channel 4 News sites prefer Sky.

I used to be on a general forum as part of my email provider but that became abusive and bullying and definitely what one of my sons calls an echo chamber. The negative karma of the forum outweighed the interest after a few years and I just stopped using it. I sensed it was a bit sapping and even witnessing people with hatred in their hearts has an effect. Not that the world is all roses but if a society becomes a dysfunctional closed society it's best to leave. 

However,  I do hear more discussions like this one here which are reacting against the 'wild west' ethos of the www and promoting a kinder environment more akin to how we treat each other in the real world. Personally I think that's modern and hope it prevails.

I will never throw the baby out with the bathwater. The www is remarkable and useful. It's just up to all of us to teach the minority to be repectful and nice. As one would a child.

Going for the wisdom points here!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    edited September 2020
    Sounds to me he’s just a bully and can be it by a persona he/she has created. No one can really challenge them physically as he/she has chosen a digital platform to hide behind. Best way to deal with them is to walk away from their platform even when you want to knock their block off. Eventually if everyone does the same, without an audience or backing he/she is nothing but a worm they really are and will crawl back under a rock again where they came from. 

Please for your own mental health’s sake put it behind you as a bad experience and enjoy some new experience etc. We all feel hurt and totally abused sometimes but the real hurt comes if we ponder on it all the time but nothing will come good of it.

I suffer it too though so I know it’s not easy to ignore it. However, I have learned to filter any exposure to it. To the extent that I make sure I don’t see/visit certain in laws now because I find them too toxic. Other than shouting at them I’m more powerful by not engaging with them at all and when I have to it’s a limited one. A bit like social media

Good luck though. I just hate it when people like that makes us feel angry etc but it is a wasted emotion though. Although it does feel good in some weird way at the time  - mainly because we all want to be right  

Sorry this turned into a bit of a sermon or something lol 

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    You know who else had loads of followers and sycophants - Hitler.
    People seem to love arseholes if they appear strong and successful.
    Look at Donald Trump (but not for too long, you'll go blind).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    You know who else had loads of followers and sycophants - Hitler.
    People seem to love arseholes if they appear strong and successful.
    Look at Donald Trump (but not for too long, you'll go blind).

GODWINNED!
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • I believe the chap is called Jason Cohen,... there you go :D 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I believe the chap is called Jason Cohen,... there you go :D 
    Don't care who he is.
    He doesn't sound like someone I'd like to get to know.
  • LogieLogie Frets: 449
    edited September 2020
    The sad thing is, there is some really good content on his YT channel but he's such an obnoxious little Herbert I can't bring myself to watch any of it

• Sassafras said:
    I believe the chap is called Jason Cohen,... there you go :D 
    Don't care who he is.
    I'm sure you don't but people want to know who the hell you guys are spending 3 pages of a thread talking about. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2519
    Was it Chad Boston, by any chance?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    edited September 2020
    Sassafras said:
    I believe the chap is called Jason Cohen,... there you go D 
    Don't care who he is.
    I'm sure you don't but people want to know who the hell you guys are spending 3 pages of a thread talking about. 
    Because for some its good for them to talk about it to get it off our chests etc? That's what these forums can be for i.e. a help. Better than harbouring those feelings and making things worse?

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • FarleyUK said:
    Was it Chad Boston, by any chance?

no, but that's a whole different can of worms..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1236
    Can’t imagine getting so shitty about a subject I claim to enjoy. I’m no Buddha (spiritually, I’m getting close physically) but I love guitar so it’s the last thing I’d want to get irate about, it’d spoil it 
  • I've had personal messages on here (and insults within a post) that were totally abusive and over-the-top with no grasp of the actual facts to which he was being a bell-end about.  I reported him to Admin, who warned him and deleted the offending comments. Sadly, it's part of today's culture where people feel they have the right to speak to you online in a way that no reasonable person would ever consider communicating with somebody face-to-face (at least, most wouldn't).
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent