Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19401
    ^ Great video ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gets the blood pumping.

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    My 7 year old saying 'I cant sleep' , he's gonna be grumpy chops tomorrow!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    Today I am rather liking the disjointed, spiky but fluid solo in this  
    Starts just after 2m 10s.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6178
    edited August 2023
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16399
    https://youtu.be/PJn8Q4BXxWk

I live in a cucumber castle, on the bank of a cranberry sea…
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Since seeing Rick Beato's breakdown of this solo, I have been reliving my love of Journey this week.

It is beautiful.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5193

finally got a physical copy of the first Solitude Aeternus demo. Not Rob Lowe's majestic vocal delivery but there iw a rough charm to these versions. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23685
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 681
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16399
    edited September 2023
    Bon Jovi on BBC4. Some vocal struggling going on and no Phil X (I’m sure Ritchie is more interesting to fans but I like Phil X).

Got better although I wasn’t sure why they seemed ashamed of their bassist. 
    Bon Jovi on BBC4. Some vocal struggling going on and no Phil X (I’m sure Ritchie is more interesting to fans but I like Phil X).

@EricTheWeary I'm assuming it's an old show?  Unless they've got Richie back and I hadn't heard about it.  I'm not a big Phil X fan, but he's a talented chap and totally wasted in Bon Jovi.

The bass player thing is weird, Hugh McDonald was in the band for 22 years before they made him an official member.  For some reason they didn't want to officially replace Alec John Such, but he was never going to come back (and he certainly won't now, RIP).
  • Philly_Q said:

@EricTheWeary I'm assuming it's an old show?  Unless they've got Richie back and I hadn't heard about it.  I'm not a big Phil X fan, but he's a talented chap and totally wasted in Bon Jovi.

The bass player thing is weird, Hugh McDonald was in the band for 22 years before they made him an official member.  For some reason they didn't want to officially replace Alec John Such, but he was never going to come back (and he certainly won't now, RIP).
    Looked it up, 2014, I’d assumed it was recent. Hugh was up the back, largely out of shot. There was a second guitarist who at least got to stand near the front. It was all quite lacklustre. Wikipedia says Ritchie left in 2013 which is a bit confusing, but presumably this was one of his last shows with the band. 
    When I was a student I had a friend who was a big Bon Jovi fan so I remember all that eighties stuff but this was more the ‘poor man’s Bruce Springsteen’ side of them. 
    When I was a student I had a friend who was a big Bon Jovi fan so I remember all that eighties stuff but this was more the ‘poor man’s Bruce Springsteen’ side of them. 
    That's the only side they've had for ooh, 35 years now.  But I'd say they're more like the poor man's Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes... so they're the poor man's poor man’s Bruce Springsteen.  I'm tempted to watch it to see if I can smell the tension with Richie.
  • Philly_Q said:
    That's the only side they've had for ooh, 35 years now.  But I'd say they're more like the poor man's Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes... so they're the poor man's poor man’s Bruce Springsteen.  I'm tempted to watch it to see if I can smell the tension with Richie.
    They do a couple of fist bumps and look fine, part of why I thought it was more recent. Although Ritchie looked pale and Jon has what MrsTheWeary would describe as a Resting Bitch Face. 
    Someone on here was recently asking about how to get the Living on a Prayer guitar sound, the answer seems to be turn it into a turgid acoustic number which involves no reaching for high notes. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom