Expensive pedals that have been worth it

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• korgikorgi Frets: 18
    edited March 2021
    Its already been mentioned, but the thorpyfx fat general is probably the best pedal i have ever used - i know compressors are not exactly the most fun, but it just does what it should so well, its insane! (and easily worth the money)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 463
    MF 104 MSD - was a 2017 moogfest build, one of 27.  Was a great pedal, but always feel they are better with synths vs guitars. 
    MF105 MIDI Murf - totally unique and still finding new sounds 2 yrs later. 
    Cali 76 stacked. 
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    Bebopper said:
    Nocturne El Pescadoro. '40s-'50s Gibson amp preamp + a vibey reverb. If I can't play my old Gibson GA-50T combo, I'm using this pedal.
    that's next on the list with possible the fluid drive
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    Thorpy Gunshot
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Origin RevivalTrem & Strymon Iridium, into headphones - the perfect tiny practise board, nothing much to fiddle with, just play that glorious sound ...  :)
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3577
    Have had a few good scores: a Timmy back when they were £100, a used El Cap for £120, closeout large box Fat General, etc. However, the only thing I consider indispensable is the Chasetone Secret Preamp. Transformative bit of kit. Love it so much, I ordered a spare. 

When we go back to gigging, it'll be TU2, a couple of Mooers and the SP. 
  • Bebopper said:
    Nocturne El Pescadoro. '40s-'50s Gibson amp preamp + a vibey reverb. If I can't play my old Gibson GA-50T combo, I'm using this pedal.
    Good to hear this as I'm pretty keen on ordering one.... 
  • I traded a car for a few pedals a few years back, plus a few bob. One of them was a boss DD2, and I understand why they command a bit of a premium. Best delay pedal going perhaps? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom