Piers Moron quits

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
    Jalapeno said:
    Quit or fired ? Pasty faced twat really annoys me - lest it be forgotten, he was in charge at the Mirror when the phone hacking was in full swing
    He was the biggest thing on ITV, I think he quit - and planned to before this even happened I suspect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Never heard of him.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3665

Young man, you appear to be confusing me with someone who gives a fuck. =)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    He generates a lot of hate, and it's easy to see why, but all that irritating stuff aside he has always been superb at grilling people, in particular politicians. I for one will miss my 10 mins on Piers & Susanna every morning. GMTV will go back to the tepid beige of old. Having said that, I think it is right for him to go under the circumstances.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9836
    axisus said:
    He generates a lot of hate, and it's easy to see why, but all that irritating stuff aside he has always been superb at grilling people, in particular politicians. I for one will miss my 10 mins on Piers & Susanna every morning. GMTV will go back to the tepid beige of old. Having said that, I think it is right for him to go under the circumstances.
    I think him grilling them is just part of his PR/Sales pitch personally, to use his words "I don't believe a word of it". His actions towards Markle or whoever he's having a go at are largely irrelevant to me as it's more important to me why he's saying something, rather than what he's actually saying. The latter is easily manipulated to match the former, which is what he does. He knows his audience and he plays to it in order to keep in publicity. Good luck to him when he eventually returns on GB News or similar
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6200
    tFB Trader
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12930
    edited March 2021
    axisus said:
    He truly was a master of hard hitting journalism. 

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm certainly glad no-one has jumped on this to exercise their superiority complexes!

;)

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 609
    Man who has controversial opinions in exchange for money leaves TV job in controversial manner. To walk into another TV job with more money.

Another will be along shortly.

No need to panic.

Surprised from memory he didn`t get into more trouble way back at the Mirror for insider trading involving a couple of Business Journalists................ See Private Eye passim.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24414
    It's not a complex if you actually are superior - and let's face it, Moron sets the bar pretty low.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    It's not a complex if you actually are superior - and let's face it, Moron sets the bar pretty low.
    Oh don't worry Emp, I think most people in this thread probably are superior. Most people.

;)

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2300
    He’s a grade A self publicist. Can’t abide him. 

And I’m really pleased with myself because I’ve avoided all the Royal family bollocks. 

What a bunch of tragically weird misfits. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30935
    Piers was the one bloke that was holding the government and others to account.

You might not like him but he's a brilliant interviewer and a great journo.

I'll miss his honesty and forthrightness.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    In the job I had in 1991 I had access to social services files going back to the 1960s. Moron was used as a technical term ( IQ of 51 to 70) as well as imbecile ( 50 and below) and cretin ( congenital iodine deficiency syndrome, although it was used as a reference to almost anyone with multiple disabilities). Definitely odd to be reading official documents and find those in them. 
    I don’t think any of them were about Piers. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24414
    Emp_Fab said:
    Oh don't worry Emp, I think most people in this thread probably are superior. Most people.

;)
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:

;)
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
    teeeeeeheeeeeeeheeeeeeee

Bye!

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Emp_Fab said:
    Maybe... but he’s still set it high enough for some folk to waddle under!!!! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4935
    Gassage said:

Wow - "honesty and forthrightness" is not an description I would've associated with him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    prowla said:
    Gassage said:

Wow - "honesty and forthrightness" is not an description I would've associated with him.
    Unthinking and argumentative would be more fitting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Meh he’s just the tv equivalent of a radio shock jock. I suspect he doesn’t really give a toss about how the royals are feeling, it’s just free publicity for him before he starts his new venture. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom