Piers Moron quits

What's Hot

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8494
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-56352682

Yeah, you can see him say it at the end of this video.

Unless it's a deep fake  :#

Thing is I *know* people like my parents will happily accept the idea that he's been cancelled, and I'm sure they're representative of a vast segment of society. And no amount of reasoning or looking at what actually happened will convince them otherwise. Because they *want* to believe that it's a manifestation of cancel culture.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18827
    Morgan quoted the Churchill quote below in a tweet, as a defence for his own position. 

So...he said what he liked - but then flounced off in a huff because didn’t like what a single individual said in response?
    I need my irony unit repairing & recalibrating :-D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Everything Piers morgan does is contrived, more attention means more £££ he knew he was going to walk off before he turned up on the day.

His next role will already have been in the bag before he did this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8494
    Simonh said:
    Everything Piers morgan does is contrived, more attention means more £££ he knew he was going to walk off before he turned up on the day.

His next role will already have been in the bag before he did this.
    I'm inclined to agree.
  • It has been a long time coming and quite a shame that people, like him, are still given such a platform backed by corporations who claim they're 'all for diversity & inclusion' of which he has degraded, mocked and ridiculed. Happy (and relieved) to see people commenting so far have the common decency missing from a lot of people nowadays - another reason why this is a great community!

P.S. He was (most probably) fired - the 'big bosses' over at ITV no doubt called him into an internal meeting for a 'polite discussion' as to outline how his exit would be put forward to the public - the ball wasn't in Piers' court anymore, they would end up with legal on their backs. (I used to work for a major broadcaster when I was younger and it's pretty obvious they try to push the limits, even though things like this very situation are inevitable, but hey ho - money money money. Similar thing happened with one of our Producers). 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18827
    I have a bet on that Morgan's next home will be  here  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
    Yip. "My opinions are my opinions"...  Right, which you have to a deadline every week on your shit tv show. Orchestrated outrage, just like Clarkson. Absolute pondlife, the pair of 'em.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I have a bet on that Morgan's next home will be  here  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News
    Richard Osman tweeted almost instantly that's what Morgan is doing. I know that's not a verified source and I should probably read some proper news instead  but Osman was a major TV executive before we knew him as a cuddly game show presenter and knows his stuff. 
    If Morgan hasn't manipulated his leaving in order to maximise publicity then he's been incredibly lucky with it.    
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Morgan quoted the Churchill quote below in a tweet, as a defence for his own position. 

So...he said what he liked - but then flounced off in a huff because didn’t like what a single individual said in response?
    I need my irony unit repairing & recalibrating :-D

That made me wince when he came out with the comparison. As if he has anything like the gravitas or statesmanship of Churchill. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Say what you like (just as he says what he likes), but Mr. Morgan is still able to command top dollar salaries and laughing all the way to the bank.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    So are child traffickers.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • So many rationals. So very smart.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22172
    edited March 2021
    Say what you like (just as he says what he likes), but Mr. Morgan is still able to command top dollar salaries and laughing all the way to the bank.
    Thank goodness there are other ways to judge value beyond how much a person earns because idiots like them. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    I had a conversation about Piers with a work colleague yesterday.

He was defending Piers as he usually goes along with what ever he’s told on TV.

I pointed out facts that he turned a blind eye to phone hacking, during his time as editor for the Mirror. Also noted the instance of fake photos of soldiers torturing POWs in Iraq. 

His response? “Well he was only doing what he was told from above”. As in Rupert Murdoch was actually responsible.

I ended the conversation there because people like him really won’t be told otherwise. If my boss told me to stay quiet about the phone hacking of a dead teenager or fake photos of soldiers, I’d tell them to fuck off regardless of who they are. 

Personal responsibility and integrity are important traits for a good person, neither of which Piers Morgan possess’. 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited March 2021
    I’ve had the displeasure of working with piers over the years...

I can honestly say, hand on heart, he is one of the most self serving manipulative narcissistic c***s I’ve ever met!...

A vile man in every aspect.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Thank goodness there are other ways to judge value beyond how much a person earns because idiots like them. 

I've only ever seen photographs of the bloke, never seen any TV with him. I assume he's minted, so to me, he's the one that's winning. And as I don't suppose he gives a shit what we think, this thread is largely irrelevant.

No doubt he'll end up with some other well-paid gig.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 122

I've only ever seen photographs of the bloke, never seen any TV with him. I assume he's minted, so to me, he's the one that's winning. And as I don't suppose he gives a shit what we think, this thread is largely irrelevant.

So integrity, being nice, being a decent person, doing the right thing, not being accountable for your shitty actions... doesn't matter eh so long as you've got money? Noted.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    He'll receive the final judgement from a vengeful unforgiving God.
    Maybe.
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 608
    Mattayus said:

So integrity, being nice, being a decent person, doing the right thing, not being accountable for your shitty actions... doesn't matter eh so long as you've got money? Noted.

This is a prevailing attitude out there in the world. Which is why I find it fundamentally an oftimes depressing place. Being nice wins no prizes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1852

I agree. Great norks on a bird count for a lot in my book.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom