U2 Gigs on YouTube starting tonight

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    It’s worth seeing for the spectacle and technology specifically developed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The show starts 6.30pm uk time tonight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • russpm said:
    It’s worth seeing for the spectacle and technology specifically developed.
    I agree. The show seems very intimate wi5 that huge hanging screen that they can walk inside. They released a dvd from the E+I tour (one after this one) for subscribers and they revamped the set with some deeper Achtung Baby and Zooropa cuts that were great.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Really enjoyed that one, although I felt a bit sorry for those at the back of the arena as they didn’t seem to get any view of the fancy screen being mostly perpendicular to it. 

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4557
    I thought Bullet The Blue Sky was the best version ive heard. Excellent stuff
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Really enjoyed that one, although I felt a bit sorry for those at the back of the arena as they didn’t seem to get any view of the fancy screen being mostly perpendicular to it. 

When I went to the E+I tour I was sat in a low tier between the end of the screen and the b stage (if that makes sense).  I had no idea of the layout or what to expect but got very lucky as  the sound, view and set list were excellent 
  • pmg said:

When I went to the E+I tour I was sat in a low tier between the end of the screen and the b stage (if that makes sense).  I had no idea of the layout or what to expect but got very lucky as  the sound, view and set list were excellent 

Probably one of the best places to be for these tours, you get a nice overall view of the A stage, a good view of the screen and then have the bonus of being close to the B stage when they do a set there.

I really hope they release a pro shot version of the 2017/19 JT tour. I think they filmed one in the states but started up the E+I tour in 2018 again so nothing became of it.
    pmg said:

Probably one of the best places to be for these tours, you get a nice overall view of the A stage, a good view of the screen and then have the bonus of being close to the B stage when they do a set there.

I really hope they release a pro shot version of the 2017/19 JT tour. I think they filmed one in the states but started up the E+I tour in 2018 again so nothing became of it.
    Yes, that was a cracking place to see these shows from. The B stage energy was epic every night. 

The JT DVD has been the subject of much prolonged debate as Anton Corbjn was supposedly putting this together. He was responsible for all the brilliant filmography on the main screen too. Hoping it will get released soon.

I Hope it’s based on the 2019 shows as these were stronger than the 2017 shows IMO.