Double Deckers

What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    I remember those........the pineapple bit was horrible ;at least I think it was Pineapple
    Anybody remember AZTEC ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4162
    wibble said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    You knew you’d eaten a chocolate bar with the old ones. My jaw used to ache from all the chewing. 

Really want a Double Decker now! 

Texan bars were the ones that gave your jaw a workout!

The original was undoubtably one of the finest pieces f confectionary ever 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Rob1742 said:
    I remember working in a newsagents when I was 18 and Mars Applause came out. That really was the start of bars that didn’t hang around too long.

Maverick.
    Fuse.
    Snickers Cruncher.
    Time Out.
    Spira.

I'm trying to remember one which was two sticks, wafer, caramel on the top, quite chewy... I think it began with R but that could be wrong...?
    Drifter

I’m gonna trump the lot of you.

I give you....Fry’s Five Centres bar.

End of thread.
    I used to love a fry’s five center , or a rowntree mackintosh golden cup, bar 6 was better than kit Kat . Old Jamaica rum n raisin bar , rum n raisin toffee’s ,arrow bars  ,the wide range of McCowans chews and toffees including egg and milk, and Brazil nut 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22846
    I’m gonna trump the lot of you.

I give you....Fry’s Five Centres bar.

End of thread.
    Dominic said:
    I remember those........the pineapple bit was horrible ;at least I think it was Pineapple
    Anybody remember AZTEC ?
    I think the lime bit was the one I didn't like.  I can sort of remember it now.  I don't think any of the five flavours actually tasted like they were supposed to.

I'm going to be heretical and say I think I preferred Chocolate Cream to Five Centres.

I remember Aztec but I can't really remember what it tasted like.  I think it was a bit like Mars... and similarly Super Mousse was a wannabe Milky Way.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9670
    edited April 2021
    CMW335 said:
    Love them. Anyone remember the first boost bars which were coconut based or Secret bars? Yum!!!
    Secret bars were great. Boosts are probaby my favourite at the mo.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    edited April 2021
    PhilW1 said:
    DD's - put them in freezer for an hour or so, effing great, or is it me ?
    Not just you; all chocolate is benefits from a spell in the cooler. Mrs9000 thinks it’s madness though.
    edited April 2021
    Dominic said:
    Anybody remember AZTEC ?
    I assume that names like Aztec aren’t politically correct these days. Wasn’t there an Inca bar too?
    Anyone a fan of minty chocolates?  It's an absolute crime that they stopped making Mingles.

Cadburys - Gallery - Page 2
    Old 80s Chocolate Bars at simplyeightiescom
    Mingles I vaguely remember these  Discontinued food Chocolate  assortment Mint chocolate

• SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    Philly_Q said:
    Anyone a fan of minty chocolates?  It's an absolute crime that they stopped making Mingles.

Mingles I vaguely remember these  Discontinued food Chocolate  assortment Mint chocolate

After Eights or nothing !
    Philly_Q said:

Yeah, but you can still get them.  And the little square ones which used to be called Mintola.

When we had After Eights we used to eat the chocolates but leave the little paper envelopes in the box.  Every now and then you'd find a surviving chocolate when you thought the box was empty.  What a thrill that was!
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

Yeah, but you can still get them.  And the little square ones which used to be called Mintola.

When we had After Eights we used to eat the chocolates but leave the little paper envelopes in the box.  Every now and then you'd find a surviving chocolate when you thought the box was empty.  What a thrill that was!
    Ha ha - I still do that !!!!
  • PerdixPerdix Frets: 136
    All this chocolate is all well and good but I would much rather have a pack of Toffos. Plain ones would do but could murder a pack of the flavoured ones. mmm.
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1050
    HAL9000 said:
    CMW335 said:
    Love them. Anyone remember the first boost bars which were coconut based or Secret bars? Yum!!!
    Secret bars were great. Boosts are probaby my favourite at the mo.
    Secret bars were incredibly complex looking chocolate bars if I recall. Great product, but they didn’t hang around. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Mint Cracknel. Like a Dime bar but with crystalline minty stuff in the middle. The advert said it "takes you somewhere cool and green", "somewhere you've never been". The mind boggles. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Philly_Q said:

I am notorious within the Weary family for my love of After Eights so I would often get bought Mingles ( people assuming they were similar enough). But they were like chocolate topped with toothpaste. So wrong. Not missed by me. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Philly_Q said:
    Rob1742 said:
    I remember working in a newsagents when I was 18 and Mars Applause came out. That really was the start of bars that didn’t hang around too long.

Maverick.
    Fuse.
    Snickers Cruncher.
    Time Out.
    Spira.

I'm trying to remember one which was two sticks, wafer, caramel on the top, quite chewy... I think it began with R but that could be wrong...?
    Time Out - the filling killer
    Philly_Q said:

I am notorious within the Weary family for my love of After Eights so I would often get bought Mingles ( people assuming they were similar enough). But they were like chocolate topped with toothpaste. So wrong. Not missed by me. 
    Wow, interesting.  I honestly thought Mingles were awesome, but maybe I'm the only person who liked them.  Which would explain their early demise.

Now I'm off to see if I've got some Lindt and some Colgate....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Perdix said:
    All this chocolate is all well and good but I would much rather have a pack of Toffos. Plain ones would do but could murder a pack of the flavoured ones. mmm.
    They were a staple as a kid if you wanted something that would last a while 
    Can anybody remember when dairy box and milk tray had proper centres instead of all this mocha type stuff that just tastes the same . I used to like weekend and carousel too , Roses are not so good now either. The only proper ones left are quality street